Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fucking get in... hoped beyond hope, dared to dream... but was seriously not expecting much at HT...

Sidenote to BBC 5 Live & SSN... what a shocking display of anti Spurs sentiment throughout and after the game... such bias against us, and every single comment was portraying an expectation that we were going out...
case in point: When Højbjerg hit the bar, Pat Nevin's first comment was that it would motivate Marseille to go on and win...
when Marseille missed a glaring late chance, Pat Nevin's first comment was that Marseille were on the up, and their winner was now inevitable... where's the fucking balance?

I genuinely felt when they missed that chance it was our game (whether we drew or won, I couldn't tell ya) but the honest, kneejerk reaction to us going through was of pure despair... and as for poor old Paul Merson being given our game on Sky... it was all he could do to talk Marseille down and tell us how we'll never get away with that again...

yet if it was Man Utd, Liverpool, Arse, Chelsea, Man City winning a game so late on, after being behind, it would surely be the hallmark of Winners, and how they asserted themselves and gave a statement performance...

yet we got lucky, and were undeserving of the win...
go figure!!

I'm ecstatic.... and even more so because the media are gonna fucking hate this result SO much!

Geordie commentator says Marseille saw PEH as “the north end of a southbound horse” Lol
That's Ray Hudson - the Bruno Tonioli of Dancing with the Soccers. Damned annoying most of the time. Gets off the occasional good line (above). I like what he said after his DC United team finished a terrible season bottom of the league and ousted from the cup: "Someone get me a blindfold and a cigarette"

Firstly, COYS.

Secondly, absolute fucking finish from PEH.

Interesting interview with Lenglet and Hugo. Lenglet basically said they didn't really know what to do in the first half. And then Hugo talked about the fear, and the fact that Spurs had it in the first half, Marseille had it in the second.

I think we are absolutely fucking terrified of losing and are playing well within ourselves. We are so much better when we go behind.

Wow, bouncing around with my son second midweek in a row and this one wasn’t taken away. Amazing. Don’t know how (or indeed why!) we do it like this.

Back
Top Bottom