Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game...i saw some greed among front players..wanna take d score themself...where there should b a pass to players that have a better chance to score......

OL were the better team in the first half, we were lucky to have Kane won the pen and scored then a magical moment form Maura. We were poor.
The issue is Eriksen, Dele and the RB. Eriksen is not committed on the pitch and of the pitch since last season, he lost the ball to the opposition 22 time last night, more than any player. Dele is been injured and out of form. Poch played Sanchez as RB. I would rather had KWP, Son and Skippe/Dier.
It's CL away match, play your best team. It's only 5 weeks to the season and already resting players.
I think Poch has a bit of a "put upon" mindset at present and also a closed line of thinking.

If certain players are fit, even 60% fit they play. Does Poch bow down to them or is he far too reliant on them?

Certain players are seemingly easy to drop as they won't make too much out of it. Whether it is the right thing to do, it covers the bases of my previous point.

Poch's whole "European transfer window - unsettled team" spiele was one of the most unsettling things I've heard from a manager. It screamed to me, Eriksen is my plan, I have nothing else.

Draw, not the worst result away from home but again throwing away a 2-0 lead. Why is it I wouldn’t ever feel comfortable with spurs even if we are 4-0 up?
N’dombele looked off the pace, Eriksen was awful, Sanchez at right back is a disaster and looks so uncomfortable (why can’t Poch see that?), why not take Aurier and further improve his match fitness and put some confidence in him after his good performance vs Palace.
Harry Winks the only one who looks like he wants to fight in midfield.. something needs to change and I can’t see us getting all 3 points at Leicester either.

After Palace the Guardian podcast focused it's short bit on us on "How good is Son Heung-min?". After a couple of comments from the pod members that indeed, Sonny is very good, the section concluded by asking whether that meant he should leave for another club (you won't be surprised to learn they all agreed he should). My polite comment below the line complaining about this was swiftly deleted.

As you say, no other club gets this. Not those above us or, perhaps more tellingly, those in the chasing pack. You don't hear discussion as to whether say Maddison or Rice should look beyond Leicester and West Ham.

Zidane is under fire here, before long Marca will run a poll on who fans want to succeed him. Pochettino's name will be in the frame but I guarantee that Klopp will be favoured by many more. Guess who David Hytner will be bigging up for the job?

God I hope they ruthlessly pursue Klopp to the extent that it completely derails Liverpools project.

It is absolutely incredible when we don’t win a game how hard the media go in. ‘Have Tottenham plateaued’ ‘does Kane/poch need to move on to win trophies’ etc I swear no other team gets this kinda scrutiny. So odd.

Maybe certain people need to move on so WE can wi trophies

Zidane is under fire here, before long Marca will run a poll on who fans want to succeed him. Pochettino's name will be in the frame but I guarantee that Klopp will be favoured by many more. Guess who David Hytner will be bigging up for the job?
Never thought about Madrid going for klopp. That's a good shout. Love for that to happen. Then liverpool give Gerrard the job.

So Liverpool lose and the beeb say it could spur them on. We draw and we haven't 'moved on' from last year and not learned any lessons.

Hmm.

Liverpool weren’t 2-0 up against a Greek team, they lost to a soft VAR penalty away at Napoli.

The shoddy mentality and flimsiness we saw last night is exactly what you would expect from a team that lost a CL final the way we did. It wasn’t an acceptable display, after 9 months of this away form we can’t just brush it off. There is something seriously wrong with our team right now.

Disappointed with Vertonghen. Can see now why he wasn’t playing earlier on. Looked slow, same as Woolwich game. Big change from last two seasons.
Some of those players are playing as if they have lost faith in the manager.

I find your worryingly binary cis-normative transphobia problematic.

Can't you see that gender is a construct that isn't bound by outdated concepts such as our sexual organs? Frankly I'm amazed that in 2019 we're still using outdated pseudo-fascistic non-intersectional terms such as "aunt" and "uncle".
Well said. These people need a good ticking off from Uncle Bobby.

CnL_z_YWAAIN7FE.jpg

Liverpool weren’t 2-0 up against a Greek team, they lost to a soft VAR penalty away at Napoli.

The shoddy mentality and flimsiness we saw last night is exactly what you would expect from a team that lost a CL final the way we did. It wasn’t an acceptable display, after 9 months of this away form we can’t just brush it off. There is something seriously wrong with our team right now.

We aren't the force we were a few years ago, yet we're still competing.

Basically, i think that the 'rebuilding' we were supposed to be doing in the summer turned out to be a minor re-tune. Another window or two might see us right - or maybe not. Things do change.

We aren't the force we were a few years ago, yet we're still competing.

Basically, i think that the 'rebuilding' we were supposed to be doing in the summer turned out to be a minor re-tune. Another window or two might see us right - or maybe not. Things do change.
This summer was obviously just the first step. But I think we all (fans, players and Poch) expected the moves done to have a bit more of an effect. But it is still of course early doors with only Ndombele really being involved and he also spent some time on the injured list.

This summer was obviously just the first step. But I think we all (fans, players and Poch) expected the moves done to have a bit more of an effect. But it is still of course early doors with only Ndombele really being involved and he also spent some time on the injured list.
The problem with this summer was the fact that all effort was into boosting one area of the team, which although some said we needed, to me wasn't the number one priority. Last year we gave away stupid goals, and far too many of them and Poch's solution was a midfielder, an attacking midfielder and two wingers?

It’s fairly fucking exhausting going through this giant existential crisis every time we drop points

When you’ve won just 2 games away from home in the PL/CL in 9 months, it is a crisis. Our form is in the toilet and even the weakest teams are finding it easy to create chances against us.

If we want to go back to hovering around 5th place then sure, being feeble away from home and not having a properly balanced team is not a big problem. If we want to maintain our position in the CL then we need to improve very quickly and take some of the bored, ageing players out of the starting XI. We didn’t build that stadium to watch this rubbish every week.

Back
Top Bottom