Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BBC headline this morning I read as "SPURS LOSE!!! (2-0 lead to draw at Olympiakos)
Sod off you biased cunts
And what a surprise they ran with an Upson "analysis".
On balance I'm not too upset by last night, we've done better than this time last year, and an away point is ok, I'm sure that counts after head-to-head if points are level after group stage.

Draw, not the worst result away from home but again throwing away a 2-0 lead. Why is it I wouldn’t ever feel comfortable with spurs even if we are 4-0 up?
N’dombele looked off the pace, Eriksen was awful, Sanchez at right back is a disaster and looks so uncomfortable (why can’t Poch see that?), why not take Aurier and further improve his match fitness and put some confidence in him after his good performance vs Palace.
Harry Winks the only one who looks like he wants to fight in midfield.. something needs to change and I can’t see us getting all 3 points at Leicester either.
Good post. Welcome to the forum. Don't know about the Leicester comment though. Son will start and we'll be on it.

Liverpool weren’t 2-0 up against a Greek team, they lost to a soft VAR penalty away at Napoli.

The shoddy mentality and flimsiness we saw last night is exactly what you would expect from a team that lost a CL final the way we did. It wasn’t an acceptable display, after 9 months of this away form we can’t just brush it off. There is something seriously wrong with our team right now.
We were shit yes but;
A: We drew, they lost.
B: They conceded a 2nd goal and lost 2-0!

Last nights capitulation to an average side now means the Bayern game is pretty much a must not lose fixture.

In all honesty I thought Olympiakos played pretty well, especially in the first half and looked dangerous in certain areas. It was poor game management from Spurs absolutely but they've got wins in Europe against the likes of Atletico Madrid and Woolwich over the last 4-5 seasons so it cant be overlooked how tricky it is/was to play them in their back yard in pretty hot conditions.

It's a poor result after being 2 goals up, I'm not questioning that for a second. What concerns me most is how little we seem to threaten the oppositions goalkeeper at the moment. Our attack feels stagnant and bereft of genuine ideas.

In all honesty I thought Olympiakos played pretty well, especially in the first half and looked dangerous in certain areas. It was poor game management from Spurs absolutely but they've got wins in Europe against the likes of Atletico Madrid and Woolwich over the last 4-5 seasons so it cant be overlooked how tricky it is/was to play them in their back yard in pretty hot conditions.

It's a poor result after being 2 goals up, I'm not questioning that for a second. What concerns me most is how little we seem to threaten the oppositions goalkeeper at the moment. Our attack feels stagnant and bereft of genuine ideas.

Going forward we was allright I think. Overall we were way too imbalanced and vulnerable at the back. Defensive errors + sillyness from Jan who gave them the pen cost us.

We were shit yes but;
A: We drew, they lost.
B: They conceded a 2nd goal and lost 2-0!

I don’t really care what other teams do, TBH. We were utter toilet and only scored 2 goals because Kane and Lucas pulled them out of their arses. Olympiacos played much better football than us, that’s alarming to me.

Liverpool and Napoli was an even contest decided by small details. We were lucky not to lose to Olympiacos, they had more than twice as many shots as us.

I don’t really care what other teams do, TBH. We were utter toilet and only scored 2 goals because Kane and Lucas pulled them out of their arses. Olympiacos played much better football than us, that’s alarming to me.

Liverpool and Napoli was an even contest decided by small details. We were lucky not to lose to Olympiacos, they had more than twice as many shots as us.
Correct. But isn't result more important than performance at the end of the day? It's a results business......discuss.... :sonhmm:

you joyless, miserable, boring poster.

Go and get laid FFS.

I've slept on it, and here is my jumbled mess of thoughts.

Ndombele - isn't ready, we know it can take months to adapt to Poches training regime and the premier league, he's blowing out of his arse before the game even starts.

defensive midfielder - we were at our most solid when we had Dier or Wanyama offering a screen to our defense, we need to return to that

Winks - is going to be our prize jewels in a few years when the likes of Kane has moved on, should be the first name on the team sheet

Kane - does he have something in his contract that he can't be taken off or dropped? Poor last night

Dele - has gone backwards, just not good enough to start anymore, Moura and Son are both just far better players.

fullbacks - we don't have any, Davies wouldn't be out of place at Watford, Rose is past it, Aurier is an accident waiting to happen, KWP lacks physicality, both fullbacks should have been addressed in the summer, we are so weak there on both sides that we are getting targetted there
Well, you've certainly brightened my day

Only because of greed Eriksen is still there. Sanchez is not a right back, selling Tripps without having a replacement is biting us back in the arse. Dele is a total waste of space Davies is another clogger. Their is more going on at the club that we know about. By the end of the season MP will go to Madrid. I've said for years that pounds not points Levy will ruin the club. Football is a passion and he has none.
When I said this many months ago, I got a whole load of vitriol thrown at me. You're right. The rot starts at the top.

We aren't the force we were a few years ago, yet we're still competing.

Basically, i think that the 'rebuilding' we were supposed to be doing in the summer turned out to be a minor re-tune. Another window or two might see us right - or maybe not. Things do change.
You're not seriously suggesting that Uncle Daniel will be opening his wallet at Xmas. What planet are you on? I'm coming!!!

Address please. I'll bring my own medication and some extra for you. A glass of single malt and 10mg of Diazepam should see us through.

DmFf0Ai.jpg

Yet he played 90 minutes
He shouldn't have. He is one of Poch's who won't be benched on the basis that Eriksen is a class player even not playing well he will have a magical moment and we will score. It is not working, one minute of brilliance doesn't stretch over 90 mins Poch. Loosing the ball 22 times in 90 mins, more than any other player, surely is having negative impact on the team and result. Dele is copying him probably.

Back
Top Bottom