Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven’t claimed the invention of anything. The “science” in football is everywhere and has been for a long time, clubs, coaches, recruitment, performance,media. It’s available to everyone. Quite why it it offends you so much is baffling.

You know it’s not you commenting on my post that’s the issue, it’s that you seem incapable of civil interaction when doing so. And then bitch and whine when your insults get insulted.

As for “owning the internet” (a line I used on you last week - you’re so original) you are the only one out of the two of us demonstrating self proclaimed prejudice and intolerance - and continually making personal insults just because someone thinks differently than you about football. About football for fuck sake. Its fucking pathetic.
because the game is a sport, what surrounds it is based on modern scientific data (nutrition, training, medical support, physiotherapy etc)
Tactics is all about the flavour of the month formation vs current fit staff and opposition, never complained about that, although your opinions grate because of the way you express them.
Your stats based assassinations of players is the shit I find tiresome - that and the fact that you can bore a glass eye to sleep with your long winded analysis.

You have a tendency to drain the joy out of being a spurs supporter with your constant and unremitting attacks on players you don't rate (usually "proven" by your tedious stats figures)
You lack humility in the way you express your opinions - see Guido for how to sound knowlegeable and express yourself without being patronising.
I get that this is your thing, but FFS stop talking down to people - and then you might find that more people want to engage with you. I'm not the only person who thinks this way - a lot of people don't have the patience to deal with people like you.

because the game is a sport, what surrounds it is based on modern scientific data (nutrition, training, medical support, physiotherapy etc)
Tactics is all about the flavour of the month formation vs current fit staff and opposition, never complained about that, although your opinions grate because of the way you express them.
Your stats based assassinations of players is the shit I find tiresome - that and the fact that you can bore a glass eye to sleep with your long winded analysis.

You have a tendency to drain the joy out of being a spurs supporter with your constant and unremitting attacks on players you don't rate (usually "proven" by your tedious stats figures)
You lack humility in the way you express your opinions - see Guido for how to sound knowlegeable and express yourself without being patronising.
I get that this is your thing, but FFS stop talking down to people - and then you might find that more people want to engage with you. I'm not the only person who thinks this way - a lot of people don't have the patience to deal with people like you.

And there are plenty of people who think you are tedious, intolerant, obnoxious, hypocrit bore.

You are quoting me Guido as an inspiration? Did you read his irrational - bullshit stat laden - “attacks” on championship “Frodo” Trippier? Fucking LOL. At least he enters into a proper debate before name calling I guess.

I suppose that was Ok to “attack” Trippier and blame him for everything, because you agreed with it?

You insult people, and then call them out when they insult you back. You try to belittle other forms of supportive evidence like stats because/when they don’t support your preconceptions or in your case the preconceptions you borrow from the heard.

source.gif

And there are plenty of people who think you are tedious, intolerant, obnoxious, hypocrit bore.

You are quoting me Guido as an inspiration? Did you read his irrational - bullshit stat laden - “attacks” on championship “Frodo” Trippier? Fucking LOL. At least he enters into a proper debate before name calling I guess.

I suppose that was Ok to “attack” Trippier and blame him for everything, because you agreed with it?

You insult people, and then call them out when they insult you back. You try to belittle other forms of supportive evidence like stats because/when they don’t support your preconceptions or in your case the preconceptions you borrow from the heard.
Nope. I supported Trippier and felt he was unfairly over criticised.
I dont follow trends or opinions, I am more than capable of making my own mind up thanks. I am also more than capable of insulting people when I feel the need, I just dont descend to the level that you do, I have a more than adequate grasp of English without sinking to gutter level. Your childish insults dont bother me in the slightest.
I am intolerant of boring dicks - for sure. I come on here for laughs and to chat with Spurs fans, not to have some pompous yawn machine lecture me and spew meaningless stats in lieu of proper opinions of players contributions or merits.
You are humourless and you take football far too seriously and I dont think you know how to enjoy it like I do. I really feel sorry for you.
It really is a sport and is a joy to watch when spurs are playing well and winning
You piss on that enjoyment by eviscerating players and performances post match in an effort to show everyone that you really should be a MOTD pundit.
That's why I grip you for it

Nope. I supported Trippier and felt he was unfairly over criticised.
I dont follow trends or opinions, I am more than capable of making my own mind up thanks. I am also more than capable of insulting people when I feel the need, I just dont descend to the level that you do, I have a more than adequate grasp of English without sinking to gutter level. Your childish insults dont bother me in the slightest.
I am intolerant of boring dicks - for sure. I come on here for laughs and to chat with Spurs fans, not to have some pompous yawn machine lecture me and spew meaningless stats in lieu of proper opinions of players contributions or merits.
You are humourless and you take football far too seriously and I dont think you know how to enjoy it like I do. I really feel sorry for you.

Im not if sure if you’re senile, a wind up merchant or just a bit fucking stupid. You start the insults, every single fucking time. You drag people down to your level, though most people I see insulting you back, generally manage to do it with more wit and panache than you.

Even your insults are boring, hackneyed cliches. “You don’t understand football” “stats are for wankers” “you don’t enjoy football as good as I do”.

Yeah, we all think you’re a hilarious fucking wit, who’s insights illuminate the forum.

You’re a boring pompous windbag, who’s only joy seems to come from telling others how they are allowed to enjoy their football.

Im not if sure if you’re senile, a wind up merchant or just a bit fucking stupid. You start the insults, every single fucking time. You drag people down to your level, though most people I see insulting you back, generally manage to do it with more wit and panache than you.

Even your insults are boring, hackneyed cliches. “You don’t understand football” “stats are for wankers” “you don’t enjoy football as good as I do”.

Yeah, we all think you’re a hilarious fucking wit, who’s insights illuminate the forum.

You’re a boring pompous windbag, who’s only joy seems to come from telling others how they are allowed to enjoy their football.
I think you'll find that I'm trying to raise you up to my level. I'm obviously wasting my time.
My insults are boring hackneyed cliches - oh really? Then you must hear them a lot, why do you suppose that is? Oooh - maybe they are true?
For the absence of doubt though, I really don't give a shit how you go about trying to enjoy football, I'm just bloody glad it isn't a route that I have chosen.
Now do everyone favour and go and annoy someone else. I'm sure everyone is bored of this exchange of views.

Think a midfield two of the bush kangaroo and Tango will be something special.

Even a 3 of...

-------------Skipp--------------
------Winks----Ndombele---

We've gone from CM being a real question mark to a serious source of excitement.

Interesting that Skipp was brought on against City, even though Dier was on the bench. Looks like he may have jumped him in the pecking order.

I have hope Skipp can be a sort of hybrid of Winks and Dier.

I think people forget how impressive Dier was in that 2015-16 season in midfield. Breaking up play but also being a lot more progressive in his passing. It's just that as we became more and more perceived as "a top team" opponents stopped giving us that much space to play with and he doesn't quite have the mobility to make his own space in the midfield to counter that.

Winks certainly can wiggle his way out of tight areas which is why he starts every week. If Skipp can have that confidence in possession but keep his tenacity which he shows in his fleeting appearances so far he might even reach a higher ceiling than Winks.

Interesting that Skipp was brought on against City, even though Dier was on the bench. Looks like he may have jumped him in the pecking order.
I don't think it does much with the pecking order. It's more to do with the opponent, Poch wanted to minimise City's chances from the middle of the pitch and Skipp is more nimble and able to break the play, it would have been different if playing against a high ball physical side like Palace, Watford or Burnley.

I have hope Skipp can be a sort of hybrid of Winks and Dier.

I think people forget how impressive Dier was in that 2015-16 season in midfield. Breaking up play but also being a lot more progressive in his passing. It's just that as we became more and more perceived as "a top team" opponents stopped giving us that much space to play with and he doesn't quite have the mobility to make his own space in the midfield to counter that.

Winks certainly can wiggle his way out of tight areas which is why he starts every week. If Skipp can have that confidence in possession but keep his tenacity which he shows in his fleeting appearances so far he might even reach a higher ceiling than Winks.

I'd suggest that Dier is a 2/4/5/6 hybrid (ie RB/CB/DM) ie predominantly defensive player.

Skipp is a 4/5/6/8 hybrid (ie CB - rarely in youth but can do) and a 6/8 hybrid which means he combines the defensive talents of a DM with the running/pressing and passing abilities of a CM.

Winks is an 8 (and occasional 10 in youth) who has over the last season been coached by Poch to become a 6/8.

Gross over simplification of course but does give an overview of where those players are most comfortable on the pitch, which in turn gives a clue as to their abilities necessary to perform those roles.

I'm hoping that Poch gives Skipp 10 - 20 starts this season (plus appearances off the bench) so that by the back end of this season he's got a decent amount of experience and can be regarded as a full member of the squad.

I'd suggest that Dier is a 2/4/5/6 hybrid (ie RB/CB/DM) ie predominantly defensive player.

Skipp is a 4/5/6/8 hybrid (ie CB - rarely in youth but can do) and a 6/8 hybrid which means he combines the defensive talents of a DM with the running/pressing and passing abilities of a CM.

Winks is an 8 (and occasional 10 in youth) who has over the last season been coached by Poch to become a 6/8.

Gross over simplification of course but does give an overview of where those players are most comfortable on the pitch, which in turn gives a clue as to their abilities necessary to perform those roles.

I'm hoping that Poch gives Skipp 10 - 20 starts this season (plus appearances off the bench) so that by the back end of this season he's got a decent amount of experience and can be regarded as a full member of the squad.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom