Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kante and Makelele were not tall but were both much bulkier and tougher than Skippy. As I said this could well change though, he's still incredibly green.

I don't think either were much bulkier or tougher, especially at 18/19. both were wiry little fuckers.

eopjdMN.jpg

JSMgtJe.jpg

Kante and Makelele were not tall but were both much bulkier and tougher than Skippy. As I said this could well change though, he's still incredibly green.

I think he's being moulded into more of a De Jong type player. I think the game in general in moving away from the tough tackling DM type player, certainly at the top level. A modern DM needs to be a playmaker and passer as well. The more I watch Skipp the more I think we've potentially got a really top player on our hands, the best academy product since Kane. I think he'll ultimately be a better player than Winks.

Props to the guy for a great match against Juve.

I will admit that I found myself thinking he looked a little out of his depth at times last season - or at the very least playing in a very conservative fashion to avoid fucking up - but he is/was young enough to forgive that.

Took another step forward today. To be honest, I think Dier might have to watch his back.
:levyeyes:

I can’t wait for the Dier in midfield talk to die. We have a handful of youngsters that are already better players than him in midfield. The only thing he has going for him is strength. Skipp is already ahead of him in the pecking order and may even put Sissoko under pressure. Kid has the engine, the bite, and is a technically gifted player. His nutmeg in warmups the other day? Class. His no look through balls. Class. He is far more creative than people think and he protects the ball. He is a homegrown stud and I hope he gets more time to show it.

I think he's being moulded into more of a De Jong type player. I think the game in general in moving away from the tough tackling DM type player, certainly at the top level. A modern DM needs to be a playmaker and passer as well. The more I watch Skipp the more I think we've potentially got a really top player on our hands, the best academy product since Kane. I think he'll ultimately be a better player than Winks.

Spot on. The game has changed dramatically. We need fluidity and he has it in spades

I can’t wait for the Dier in midfield talk to die. We have a handful of youngsters that are already better players than him in midfield. The only thing he has going for him is strength. Skipp is already ahead of him in the pecking order and may even put Sissoko under pressure. Kid has the engine, the bite, and is a technically gifted player. His nutmeg in warmups the other day? Class. His no look through balls. Class. He is far more creative than people think and he protects the ball. He is a homegrown stud and I hope he gets more time to show it.
Not just homegrown, but club grown under the UEFA rules.

That could be a massive bonus over non-homegrown Dier.

"We need to be happy because everyone finished in good condition.” - Poch

I'm assuming that means Skipp's not injured. Phew. It would be nice to have him as an option at the start of the season. He brings a fresh energy to the pitch.

Love his disguised passes and that he’s always looking for the forward pass. Very often he’s making those line breaking passes. Please for the love of god, Poch, give this kid the minutes. We could have a really top player on our hands

Love his disguised passes and that he’s always looking for the forward pass. Very often he’s making those line breaking passes. Please for the love of god, Poch, give this kid the minutes. We could have a really top player on our hands

He’s getting minutes. I think Poch knows exactly good he is.

The reality is he’s s young man still growing.

Give him time.

Being able to disguise passes is a really great skill to have. Busquets is the master at them:

Back
Top Bottom