Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually thought we played well and the score flattered Forest. The second half we practically walked through them five times, they were wide open. If it wasn’t for wastefulness from the front three easily could’ve had 4-0.

That’s true but they were equally as wasteful in front of goal but I thought that the score line was a fair one

Yeah it’s weird!

get off Richarlisons case ffs and support our lads!

I hope he and others have stored that ridiculous tackle on their heads for the next time we play forest!

Also is it just me or did forest really start kicking fuck out of us after the pen?
Absolutely

Football is supposed to be entertaining? No? Yes we like to win but what was it that Blanchflower said?

Better than taking the ball down to the corner flag and wasting time

That’s true but they were equally as wasteful in front of goal but I thought that the score line was a fair one

They were more wasteful with possession as opposed to chances though, I thought. Didn't really force Lloris into a save bar one long range effort from 30 yards.

They were rubbish. Not as shit as Bournemouth and we'll see how Fulham compare at the weekend.

Yeah it’s weird!

get off Richarlisons case ffs and support our lads!

I hope he and others have stored that ridiculous tackle on their heads for the next time we play forest!

Also is it just me or did forest really start kicking fuck out of us after the pen?

Yes they did and probably because they then realised what we already knew in that Powson is a cunt and Attwell a bigger cunt so they could get away with it!

Decent officials and they would probably have finished the game with about 9 men

They were more wasteful with possession as opposed to chances though, I thought. Didn't really force Lloris into a save bar one long range effort from 30 yards.

They were rubbish. Not as shit as Bournemouth and we'll see how Fulham compare at the weekend.

Was that the one Hugo punched when he could easily have caught it

It's because we were getting dominated in the midfield, putting immense pressure on our defense.
Once Bentacur and Kulu joined, we helped solidify the midfield and there's been less pressure defensively.

I'd assume we'd still look shaky defensively if we had some MF combination of Ndombele, GLC, Sissoko, and Winks.

We get dominated in midfield now...

in the after match talk on Sky Sports Jamie Carragher said "in the past this was the type of match spurs would lose" what i would have like to be ask of Dawson & Jamie Rednapp is "why would spurs have lost this match, what was wrong at the club ?" Rednapp came from a liverpool what did he see or feel was wrong at spurs

This is becoming a bit of thoughtless cliche now - sure we dropped the odd result in games like this but by and large over the last decade or so we have been no more likely to do so than any other top side

I dunno about that one either, Harry might have got his head on it but could never have got enough purchase on it to score.
A player through on goal that is illegally stopped by the last man is not guaranteed to score, but the player is sent off for preventing the opportunity. If the hand isn't there, it reaches Kane irrespective of scoring %

Not sure why the dislikes for my post saying we get dominated in midfield- we do, it's almost a tactic of ours given we often line up 2 v 3, the point was despite that we defend well whereas the post i was responding to suggested being dominated in midfield was the reason for our defence looking so poor under Mourinho - when it was more down to him being a shit coach who can't work with players unless they are elite

Thanks to those of you who gave Forest credit for taking the game to you, especially in the first half.

But some of the posts here are cringeworthy. Just total hyperbole. Embarrassing. Is this what has happened to the PL? The quality of the football has gone up, but so has the level of drivel. Some of you don’t sound like you have the attention span to watch a game for 90 minutes, let alone analyse it properly.

First off.
Any use of the words “embarrassing” in relation to what football fans say online is usually written by some bloke in his underpants with Costco stock levels of hand cream and baby wipes next to him.

Secondly
You do realise you are talking to a load of first generation ALI (Artificial Low Intelligence) Latvian spam bots whose football views are influenced by Twitter, Roy Keane and Andy Gray, and then a load of multiple accounts by some bloke called Brian currently residing in Broadmoor?

Run along now before our resident female wrestling goat shows up with his gutting knife and his gimp mask and high heels.
Now he will embarrass you.

Forest are falling for the 'early season effort is enough' trap.
Their fans are cock-a-hoop this morning because they gave us a good game and all thinking, if we play like that every game we will be safe.
Wrong, you won't be able to play like that every game and things change very quickly. The fans are still on a ride and have been dreaming of playing in the premier league, so a defeat is ok.
It won't be long before they are sick of losing and start worrying about relegation and then it becomes a different scenario.
Effort alone will not be enough for the fans, accepting defeat will not be the norm and the players will not be able to play every game with sheer intensity.

It's still early days and everything is rosy, but ask Norwich, things turn shitty pretty quickly. Let's see in a few months whether they will still be saying they are proud of their players after each loss.

Back
Top Bottom