Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting match!

I want Richarlison to start up with Kane in a 2!

Lloris

Sanchez Dier Davies

Emerson Bissouma Hojbjerg Peresic

Kulusevski

Richarlison Kane

0-3 Spurs

We need to address the gaping hole in the middle of the pitch. It was there for the first halves against Chelsea and Wolves.
Doesn't need a personnel change, just a tactical tweak whereby one of the front 3 HAS to be dropping into the center circle. There's been no one to make a short, easy pass to. The players then try overly ambitious balls and we give the ball away.
It seems to be an area ahead of the CM2 but behind the front 3.

Last edited:
I don't think this'll be as easy as some people think. Yeah, they failed to beat a horrible Everton side today and lost their opening game to Newcastle but I thought they were absolutely electric against West Ham. Their home support was fantastic and they'll relish us coming to their place, raise their performance like it's a cup game.

Lloris
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Hojbjerg - Bissouma - Perisic
Kulusevski - Kane - Richarlison
We play West Ham 3 days later, so I can see a change in midfield with Bissouma coming in for Bentancur and I can see Richarlison coming in for Son. I think we might see a change at right wing back with Doherty for Emerson but I got a feeling Conte will stick with his man.

I do think we'll pick up the win but I don't think it'll be pretty.

0-1
Kane

They looked pretty clueless against West Ham but managed to win. If they set up like they did in that game then we should rip them a new one. I should imagine they will improve as the season goes on.

The way we set up won't change. Forest will know this and have a plan and I suspect we'll struggle like Chelsea and wolves until we change it around again. Need to start mixing it up a bit we are very predictable at the start of games right now.

Bissouma's 8 minute cameo against Wolves leads me to conclude that he is not in contention for a start against Forest.

Perisic definitely proved his worth today. Total class act in the vein of Blanchflower and Gilzean and I think he is capable of attaining club status commensurate with those legends (very clever older players who always had a trick or two up their sleeves). I expect him to start against Forest.

I think Son has to be dropped. Richarlison deserves a start.

The way we set up won't change. Forest will know this and have a plan and I suspect we'll struggle like Chelsea and wolves until we change it around again. Need to start mixing it up a bit we are very predictable at the start of games right now.
i agree. need to approach the weaker sides in a more imposing way . you need footballers out there for tht though. we got too many out there today who dont know what to do with the thing at their feet.

If Romero is fit, get him straight back in. Perisic has now established himself, time for Bissouma to start and do the same. I'd swap him for Hojbjerg, but I think Conte will drop Bentancur to get Bissouma in the side. And Richarlison deserves a start ahead of Son, who has started the season very badly.

Lloris
Romero (if fit) Dier Davies
Royal Hojbjerg Bissouma Perisic
Kulusevski Kane Richarlison

Spence made his name at Notts Forest last season, good chance he comes on as a sub in the 2nd half.

With us getting into cycle of playing weekend/ mid week/weekend I think Conte will need to start to rotate one or two players in most matches so as to both rest players and to keep non playing players fresh.

Romero could be fit, but I think its sensible to give Sanchez another match and rest Romero again, possibly to face Wham 3 days later.

Son's off form, and Richarlison needs minutes, so time to give the Brazilian a run. Not sure if Bissouma's cameo is a sign he is fit now to start or not.

Otherwise I'd keep it as it was today :

Lloris
Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Emerson, Hojbjerg, Bissouma/Bentancur, Perisic
Kulusevski, Kane, Richarlison​

Bissouma's 8 minute cameo against Wolves leads me to conclude that he is not in contention for a start against Forest.

Perisic definitely proved his worth today. Total class act in the vein of Blanchflower and Gilzean and I think he is capable of attaining club status commensurate with those legends (very clever older players who always had a trick or two up their sleeves). I expect him to start against Forest.

I think Son has to be dropped. Richarlison deserves a start.

I didn't even notice Bissouma come on lol

Spence made his name at Notts Forest last season, good chance he comes on as a sub in the 2nd half.

With us getting into cycle of playing weekend/ mid week/weekend I think Conte will need to start to rotate one or two players in most matches so as to both rest players and to keep non playing players fresh.

Romero could be fit, but I think its sensible to give Sanchez another match and rest Romero again, possibly to face Wham 3 days later.

Son's off form, and Richarlison needs minutes, so time to give the Brazilian a run. Not sure if Bissouma's cameo is a sign he is fit now to start or not.

Otherwise I'd keep it as it was today :

Lloris
Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Emerson, Hojbjerg, Bissouma/Bentancur, Perisic
Kulusevski, Kane, Richarlison​

Spence'll have to be in the matchday squad for that to happen.

I don't make predictions and I never will in the future but we will start the same XI as yesterday unless Romero is fit.
Conte did not give Doc minutes yesterday so I doubt he gives Spence sentimental minutes.
I am expecting a big win.

Back
Top Bottom