Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Dermot needs to re-aquaint himself with what the word "fact" means,.

He presumes that Taylor would have deemed it violent conduct, but the rulebook leaves the extent of the offense to the ref's discretion.

The word "violent" remains pivotal to this discussion.

....As per the article the very article you posted; a hair pull has the potential to be judged a yellow card offense.

No; he knows that the final call on the matter resides with the ref..... He says so in the sky article that you posted.

"Reading between the lines" is not how a rule-book is designed to work.

Should the rules be tightened up with a clearer definition of what constitues violent conduct? Perhaps so, but right now things aren't as black and white as you seek to paint them to be. The article you chose to re-post confirms this.
Email PGMOL, I'm sure they will have you doing VAR immediately. What with you knowing everything.

Seemed bizarre to me how VAR was able to determine that Kane didn't have a clear goalscoring opp in the pen around 55'. I think the CB should have seen straight red for an insultingly deliberate handball directly in front of the net.

The only reason he handballed it was to stop a goal......if it were so unlikely Kane was going to get to it he'd just let it go out of play

Shit decision that now sets a precedent

If we look at this from the Karma standpoint

Romero clearly fouls Cucarella and in theory could have walked, but VAR made a snap decision and we benefitted from it

2 weeks later, the situation is reversed-ish. Had it been 100% then it would have been a free kick to forest for Kane loitering with intent to score in the 6 yard box, without permission from the groundstaff.

Romero clearly fouls Cucarella and in theory could have walked, but VAR made a snap decision and we benefitted from it

2 weeks later, the situation is reversed-ish. Had it been 100% then it would have been a free kick to forest for Kane loitering with intent to score in the 6 yard box, without permission from the groundstaff.
Yeah, but Cucarella shouldn't have even been on the pitch to get his hair pulled. So that karma can go and fuck off.

' I think the VAR should intervene. I'm not sure the referee has seen it, I think he looks down but I think he does it instinctively. I think he watches the flight of the ball. He does look down, but I think it has already happened. The VAR has the perfect look. As soon as I saw it, I said, 'I think he is going to get a red card here, he's pulled him down by the hair'. I anticipated the VAR sending Anthony Taylor to the screen. I know for a fact that if Anthony had been sent to the screen, he would have given a red card and a free-kick to Chelsea.' - Dermot Gallagher, ex-referee.

Mike Dean knows that sending the ref to the monitor = he gives a fucking red. Read between the damn lines ffs, he's saying he knows he should've called it out & didn't. Every single qualified opinion I've seen on this has said red card. A toddler could tell you it was violent conduct.

Last post I'm making on this as far too much has been said about something so obviously incredibly clear cut to anyone outside of Spurs. Referees don't need to be told that grabbing someone by the hair and dragging them to the ground is violent, they know.
He knows this for a fact? A free kick wouldn’t even have been an option. Would have just been a red and the corner continues. Some referee.

Dean specifically says he thought it was a yellow and should have let the on field ref decide. You are putting words in his mouth and being a prick.

the “accidental” stamp on Romero
ah - good point well made, my point was that we got away with one completely, no red card and scored into the bargain, thereby not losing the game - incensing Chavs fans, players and manager equally
Karma factor + 1,000

The second - no sending off, for preventing a goal, but we did get a penalty and then missed it, but would have won without it, or the subsequent second goal

Karma factor -750

ps - there is no scientific basis for these numbers, it is a complete fiction

The only reason he handballed it was to stop a goal......if it were so unlikely Kane was going to get to it he'd just let it go out of play

Shit decision that now sets a precedent
For it to become a precedent suggests that there will be/is some consistency in reffing. .it's never happened in prems officiating and Probably never will..

Referring to the wearing of a Kippah and shouting where's ya jew cap. I spoke to a mate earlier who went and said there was more outdated anti-semitism outside the ground
Didn't realise you had heard this personally....thanks for the explanation....
better than the hissing at Chelsea I suppose.

From Tuttosport ( italian newspaper )

BLITZ OF TOTTENHAM IN THE HOUSE OF NOTTINGHAM FOREST: IT'S SECOND

Typhoon Kane hits Conte grabs Pep

Kulusevski the mind, the bomber is the arm: Spurs ecstasy

Tottenham is travelling at full speed and it is hard to stop it. In the list of possible Premier League winners, it is forbidden to exclude Antonio Conte and his Italian Job, which has finally taken root in North London. This is proven by the 10 points collected in four matches, the same average as Manchester City. And with a Harry Kane like that, it becomes difficult not to dream: the English striker scored a brace in the 2-0 victory over Nottingham Forest and, to top it all off, he also missed a penalty. And to think that until 2018 he only got into gear with the arrival of September, experiencing a sort of August curse. The number 10 has broken every taboo, joining the 'calypso boy' Andy Cole in third place in the Premier League all-time scoring charts with 187 goals scored, important numbers and destined to grow thanks to the arrival of assist man Dejan Kulusevski. The Swede has breathed new life into Kane and is experiencing the golden period that everyone at Juve was waiting for, just in time to give his Spurs side a championship as the real big boys.

Y
From Tuttosport ( italian newspaper )

BLITZ OF TOTTENHAM IN THE HOUSE OF NOTTINGHAM FOREST: IT'S SECOND

Typhoon Kane hits Conte grabs Pep

Kulusevski the mind, the bomber is the arm: Spurs ecstasy

Tottenham is travelling at full speed and it is hard to stop it. In the list of possible Premier League winners, it is forbidden to exclude Antonio Conte and his Italian Job, which has finally taken root in North London. This is proven by the 10 points collected in four matches, the same average as Manchester City. And with a Harry Kane like that, it becomes difficult not to dream: the English striker scored a brace in the 2-0 victory over Nottingham Forest and, to top it all off, he also missed a penalty. And to think that until 2018 he only got into gear with the arrival of September, experiencing a sort of August curse. The number 10 has broken every taboo, joining the 'calypso boy' Andy Cole in third place in the Premier League all-time scoring charts with 187 goals scored, important numbers and destined to grow thanks to the arrival of assist man Dejan Kulusevski. The Swede has breathed new life into Kane and is experiencing the golden period that everyone at Juve was waiting for, just in time to give his Spurs side a championship as the real big boys.
Yorke was the calypso kid not Cole.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

You are clearly outh of your depht here Mick.

Back
Top Bottom