New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy New year Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 and thanks for the compliment. I know it's difficult to comprehend that Levy actually lied on this but the evidence is extremely clear. When the season tickets were launched in April there is no way anyone could be confident that the building would be ready yet they were sold as that it would be. The athletic Madrid stadium is a good point but fails to acknowledge how much more complicated tottenham build actually was I. E the 2 pitches. The idea that only electrical safety matters failed us from moving in is a lie. There was electrical safety failures because the build was wedded to an unachiavble program.
Atletico Madrid's stadium was also build on top of an existing stadium

I got told repeatedly by a fella working on the new place that it was "on time"* and would be open when it was meant to be.Ironically, he was health&safety, and that's whats being used as an excuse as to why the further delays.

*the revised first game, IE Liverpool

I'm sure they'll forget that when their number of potential customers doubles and the fat yanks turn up for the handegg.
Dont doubt that.Thye must be rubbing their hands together.
I was chatting to John who runs the Vic at the end of our last season,and he was saying that he had locals,so whilst it would be a scant year, he would survive.Some other pubs in the area rely on the football totally. That said, cant think of one that has gone since our forced absence.

Do you think that (a) it's being finished as fast as humanly possible (ie that an extra injection of cash - hi Joe! - wouldn't have made a difference) and (b) you have been kept fully informed at every juncture, that the club has been perfectly transparent at all times in the matter? Because from here that looks very doubtful, especially the latter point?
No, it's not being finished as is humanly possible. Specifically, that means the non-electrical shit i.e cladding, roof walk thingy etc. Those that are close to the problem (non-Spurs employees and industry professionals have confirmed that the safety stuff is being dealt with around the clock and over the holidays). What is the point of paying triple time to have a cladding panel fitted and finished before the safety systems are resolved, what a waste of money? (It might also be possible to have the cladding complete without over-time or we can open the stadium without having to finish the cladding???).

The communication from the club has been very poor, it always has been. It improved massively just prior to the build but kind of went back to cloak and dagger stuff as we moved out of WHL. But regardless of how shit the communication has been that has no material difference on whether the stadium would have been ready or not had there not have been a systems failure the magnitude we are dealing with now. And it certainly doesn't for one moment result in corporate fraud.

You're not being honest with yourself just posting a falsehood to win an Internet argument.

I suppose the real proof is that we're still in Wembley. You just keep eating the shite that corporate are feeding you.

I'm not trying to win an internet argument, but you did say you'd give up if I said that...

That aside, from the pics posted in August, I'd say that if the CSS were all working, there would have been a huge push to get the stadium operational and we would have been in as intended.

Dont doubt that.Thye must be rubbing their hands together.
I was chatting to John who runs the Vic at the end of our last season,and he was saying that he had locals,so whilst it would be a scant year, he would survive.Some other pubs in the area rely on the football totally. That said, cant think of one that has gone since our forced absence.

The pubs have probably done well off all the tradesmen popping in for a pint on their lunch breaks...which also explains why the wiring was fucked up!

I'm not trying to win an internet argument, but you did say you'd give up if I said that...

That aside, from the pics posted in August, I'd say that if the CSS were all working, there would have been a huge push to get the stadium operational and we would have been in as intended.
Point proven you only said it to make me give up. Once again I ask you to truthfully survey the pictures from May and say. 'I can see this being ready in 4 months time'
Be honest with yourself.

Point proven you only said it to make me give up. Once again I ask you to truthfully survey the pictures from May and say. 'I can see this being ready in 4 months time'
Be honest with yourself.
Wada Metropolitano THREE months before their inaugural game kicked off.
4vqRD1ynLN_WM25.jpg

-9U86Ric-y_WM15.jpg

Outside looked like this...
Mp3QwZbBtg_WM18.jpg

Vpea3bWrSI_WM21.jpg

fopTZjEpes_WM22.jpg

AIgtcX9iLm_WM23.jpg

Many, many more can be found here on their official pages, but this is what it looked like on 9th June!!!
Club Atlético de Madrid - This is how the works in the Wanda Metropolitano progress

Truth is Paddy we are both talking out of our backsides as neither are party to anything other than what our eyes can see. But seeing as you are using pictures of our stadium four months out to back your claim, what is your opinion of these pictures taken THREE months out of it actually opening? (clearly, it would appear our stadium was even further along than thiers).

Last edited:
OK just to put this to bed for the final time MKYid MKYid Spursidol Spursidol Mick Cooper Mick Cooper .

Below is a post from early May showing the state of the site. If you can look at it in all concisousnes and say yep that will be ready in 4 months time if it wasn't just for the critical safety systems well I give up.

He lied there is no other rational explanation.

Have you seen the work that 4,000 people can do in a day ?

And 4 months is a long time in a project.

I see you have still been unable to answer the question as to why in December 6,000 people were in the stadium reporting it to be pretty much finished - way more than 'ready' or 'safe' - yet no sign of any football ?

Might that suggest to you that the 'critical safety systems' issues (widely thought to be wiring issues followed by testing of the various integrated safety IT systems) being a problem.

If the critical safety systems were not a problem, why do you think the Test Events were not announced and held in December (when 6,000 people were in the stadium and happy to report it looked pretty complete) ? And that would mean all January matches being played at NWHL

And if the critical safety systems were mot ready to be tested in December, don't you think that was the reason why the stadium wasn't opened earlier ?

Look at the stadium today

Last edited:
Yes - and look like a twat while alienating fans. No chance

It was never extra - don't you get it? This is how long it was always going to take. Plus if we didn't cause the delay MACE is liable for the costs - so it's a win win for him

Can you explain to me where ENIC/Levy/THFC make money from "lying" and selling season tickets when they know that they are not only going to have to refund that money but pay additional costs to do so?

paddy spur paddy spur feel free to have a go at this too.

I'm genuinely interested to hear a sensible theory as to economic gain of this?

Wada Metropolitano THREE months before their inaugural game kicked off.
4vqRD1ynLN_WM25.jpg

-9U86Ric-y_WM15.jpg

Outside looked like this...
Mp3QwZbBtg_WM18.jpg

Vpea3bWrSI_WM21.jpg

fopTZjEpes_WM22.jpg

AIgtcX9iLm_WM23.jpg

Many, many more can be found here on their official pages, but this is what it looked like on 9th June!!!
Club Atlético de Madrid - This is how the works in the Wanda Metropolitano progress

Truth is Paddy we are both talking out of our backsides as neither are party to anything other than what our eyes can see. But seeing as you are using pictures of our stadium four months out to back your claim, what is your opinion of these pictures taken THREE months out of it actually opening? (clearly, it would appear our stadium was even further along than thiers).
Here's what our site looked liked in mid May after all the season tickets had been sold. You would have to say the Wanda roof was more advanced. The pitch at Wanda had no plant on it and didn't have to fit a complicated rail system to allow 2 pitches. Yes a lot can be achieved in 4 months but we were substantialy behind. If you review the posts from April to June any one who questions this has disagree golare and treated like pirahs. Yet they were correct. There is a massive act of group think here. Look at the evidence wee are seven months behind already it may stretch to ten if March is the move in date.

image.php

Looks like they have put a special glass panel on the East stand roof...could it be someone's new home?
cockerel.jpg

Fucking wow...

Back
Top Bottom