New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well if that's a case...you're a fraud lol! But seriously your posts are great and enjoyable to read with lots of great knowledge. POTY? Poster of the yearvote for me! :tobyarm:
Do we have any professional builders or architects here who could clarify if the stadium will be ready for August or September?

Ps ArtyB ArtyB as you're clearly well clever can you explain why my Netflix always freezes around the ten min Mark when watching daredevil? It's fecking annoying!
:sonpoint:

No but I'm a great bluffer ! I can however assure you that the stadium will be ready in August or September - just not sure which year :wall::wall::wall:

Seriously, Spurs have invested too much both In money and reputation (selling season tickets for football, the NFL matches in October, general reputation both in football and government/Harringey Council) for it not to be ready at the latest by mid September, but my betting is that by early August it will be good enough to pass the Health & Safety tests to open.

I'm probably about to jinx the whole season...

But...

Now the season is over, I'm so excited for next season - to finally get back to WHL in our new home!!

Stephen-Colbert-Dancing-Excited-gif.gif
giphy.gif

The works elevators have been dismantled on both the East and West stands. That means that everything that's needed for the internal fit out has been delivered.

With the Sky bridge in place, all the real heavy lifting within the stadium is now complete. The glass roof panels are the heaviest things left.

The roof cassette teething problems seem to be overcome and are flying up now.

Most of the South stand steel work is in place and the glass will be in pretty quickly after that.

I could go on but even I'm bored of this post now...

You finally starting to show new stadium fatigue. All those years lurking on SSC finally catching up!

Well done agent ArtyB ArtyB :dierpochhug:

I’ve heard that we may have booked the first 6 home games of the season at Wembley as a contingency plan... hope that’s not true!

If possible, it really wouldn't surprise me.

Just looking from the drone footage, it looks like a lot of work in 4 months for it to be completed.

the EPL rules can be changed if enough clubs agree with you, I think most need 14 clubs to agree

That’s one area they have been pretty clear on since day 1. I don’t see the premier league changing that rule.
Integrity of the competition and playing 8 games at one stadium and 10 at another won’t be allowed. Or whatever the ratio would be.

Spurs contingency plan is to see us playing the first few games away, coming back to the Lane after the international break in the middle of September.
Weekend of the 15th - which is 120 odd days from now.

In the EPL rules there's nothing to stop us playing the first ten games away, the fixture list provided by the EPL does allow for 'reversal' of fixtures ... of course the opposition would have to agree, and the police, and ultimately the EPL but there's no 'rule' to say this can't be done .... not that it will be needed .... weather forecast looks good for the next two weeks watch progress visually speed up .....

In the EPL rules there's nothing to stop us playing the first ten games away, the fixture list provided by the EPL does allow for 'reversal' of fixtures ... of course the opposition would have to agree, and the police, and ultimately the EPL but there's no 'rule' to say this can't be done .... not that it will be needed .... weather forecast looks good for the next two weeks watch progress visually speed up .....
We'd also need Woolwich to agree, as they'd have to play their first however many fixtures at home. Unless they just switch either us or them to a different day each weekend when both at home

I think the rules will be bent - the league wants to encourage, not dissuade clubs from building bigger and better stadia, it’s in their interests. The concern should be getting ready for the NFL October March we signed up to, which hopefully will be a go

Back
Top Bottom