New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tradesmen know their trades, and by and large they know fuck all else.

Does the Sparky know how many more steelworkers would have been taken on should the critical safety systems have worked? Does the bloke standing outside the stadium, with absolutely no stadium building experience, have any idea on how quickly the South stand would have been completed should the critical safety systems have passed and more workers been taken on? Do the stone contractors know how long it takes to boot and test a critical safety system?

It's 1001 opinions all from people who have no idea of the whole picture.
Not true. Tradesmen know when a site is well organised and on track. They may not know how to pour a slab but they know if the formwork is still in place that the site is not ready. Tradesmen are not thick and often know more than the managers. Good managers acknowledge this and listen to them..

image.php

A number of medical vehicles have been parked on the north west steps for an hour or more now.

Hope nothing serious.....several on SSC speculating it could be filming for part of an advert or similar

As big of a cunt it would be staying at Wembley this year, imagine how funny it would be to win the PL there.....

With everyone now saying it wasn’t fair because we had Wembley, and should have been forced home

Very quiet here. Hope that we will open this stadium vs Watford.

I am desperate to get in the stadium ASAP. However, forget Watford. According to the last statement we will not announce the first game until we have a safety certificate, so this is how it will work. Next week the club will announcement two safety events, one about 30,000, and another about 50,000. The club will need a few weeks to sort applications, so by the time the two test events are out of the way it will be the end of January at the soonest. Hopefully we will then get the safety certificate. We then have to give the prem and the first opposing team notice of where the game is being played. This will probably take us to the end of February, meaning the first game will be Woolwich on 2nd March. I suspect the club announcement will therefore announce that the Watford, Newcastle and Leicester games will be played at Wembley, and quite possibly any further CL games as well. This may not be what anyone wants to hear, but I can't see anything else happening.

I am desperate to get in the stadium ASAP. However, forget Watford. According to the last statement we will not announce the first game until we have a safety certificate, so this is how it will work. Next week the club will announcement two safety events, one about 30,000, and another about 50,000. The club will need a few weeks to sort applications, so by the time the two test events are out of the way it will be the end of January at the soonest. Hopefully we will then get the safety certificate. We then have to give the prem and the first opposing team notice of where the game is being played. This will probably take us to the end of February, meaning the first game will be Woolwich on 2nd March. I suspect the club announcement will therefore announce that the Watford, Newcastle and Leicester games will be played at Wembley, and quite possibly any further CL games as well. This may not be what anyone wants to hear, but I can't see anything else happening.
I'll happily take that as I'm away for the Watford and Newcastle games :pochsmirk:

In all seriousness though, I'd imagine we wouldn't be able to confirm the opening game at NWHL without the test events being a success first? Could we announce the events, hold them and confirm everything to PL in the space of 3 weeks?

Not true. Tradesmen know when a site is well organised and on track. They may not know how to pour a slab but they know if the formwork is still in place that the site is not ready. Tradesmen are not thick and often know more than the managers. Good managers acknowledge this and listen to them..
A (good) manager should be like a conductor of an orchestra, he doesn't have to know to play every instrument but he/she should know how to inspire the individuals to work as a team to make the complete job work. Too often individual tradesmen trot out "the manager doesn't know what I know" line, without understanding that their manager doesn't need to, to be good at their own job. A manager needs to know the score at a higher level, and be able to brief the manager of managers early of potential faults and pitfalls.
All of this trying to second guess what is going on is pointless, because unless you are being briefed daily by all of the managers on site, you are just speculating.
Levy knows what's going on and what the impact and ramifications are, but he has to be careful about what he says publicly because he has matters like impact on share value to manage as well. Trying to expect him to give building forecasts underestimates his position by a long way.

A (good) manager should be like a conductor of an orchestra, he doesn't have to know to play every instrument but he/she should know how to inspire the individuals to work as a team to make the complete job work. Too often individual tradesmen trot out "the manager doesn't know what I know" line, without understanding that their manager doesn't need to, to be good at their own job. A manager needs to know the score at a higher level, and be able to brief the manager of managers early of potential faults and pitfalls.
All of this trying to second guess what is going on is pointless, because unless you are being briefed daily by all of the managers on site, you are just speculating.
Levy knows what's going on and what the impact and ramifications are, but he has to be careful about what he says publicly because he has matters like impact on share value to manage as well. Trying to expect him to give building forecasts underestimates his position by a long way.
All very good points but the stadium is going on seven months late. That is compelling evidence that everyone who actually worked on the site or who has construction background and looked at the site said the building wouldn't be ready, we're in fact correct. Please point to me any on site gossip that confirmed the site site would be ready from the April may period. There isn't any. All naysayers were hounded on this thread. They were proved to be correct.

LEVY Lied. He must of know the site would not be ready when he launched the season ticket run. There is no other explanation.

Last edited:
Tradesmen know their trades, and by and large they know fuck all else.

Does the Sparky know how many more steelworkers would have been taken on should the critical safety systems have worked? Does the bloke standing outside the stadium, with absolutely no stadium building experience, have any idea on how quickly the South stand would have been completed should the critical safety systems have passed and more workers been taken on? Do the stone contractors know how long it takes to boot and test a critical safety system?

It's 1001 opinions all from people who have no idea of the whole picture.
Look here MK.

I've watched DIY SOS enough times, and I know all you need is a funny digger driver, an ever smiling sparky and the occasional bacon sandwich.

Levy fucked up and failed to cough the cash and sign Nick Knowles in the summer and he went to Celebrity instead.

And to top it off Arry wins.

Same old Spurs.

Last edited:
All very good points but the stadium is going on seven months late. That is compelling evidence that everyone who actually worked on the site or who has construction background and looked at the site said the building wouldn't be ready. Please point to me any on site gossip that confirmed the site site would be ready from the April may period. There isn't any. All naysayers were hounded on this thread. They were proved to be correct.

LEVY Lied. He must of know the site would not be ready when he launched the season ticket run. There is no other explanation.
Yep, I don't doubt that he was being "economical with the truth" and that he knew it, but as I said, he has the bigger picture to look at. Not condoning it, nobody likes being lied to whatever the reason.
I guess that your only consolation is that he's doing it for the best interests of the club as a whole, and sadly that means the investors and shareholders who stumped up the money to pay for it in the first place as well.

OK just to put this to bed for the final time MKYid MKYid Spursidol Spursidol Mick Cooper Mick Cooper .

Below is a post from early May showing the state of the site. If you can look at it in all concisousnes and say yep that will be ready in 4 months time if it wasn't just for the critical safety systems well I give up.

He lied there is no other rational explanation.

Not sure why you quoted me on that, I'm not standing up for anyone or any particular POV.
Just disappointed - like you

OK just to put this to bed for the final time MKYid MKYid Spursidol Spursidol Mick Cooper Mick Cooper .

Below is a post from early May showing the state of the site. If you can look at it in all concisousnes and say yep that will be ready in 4 months time if it wasn't just for the critical safety systems well I give up.

He lied there is no other rational explanation.

Removing the argument about the stadium being ready/not being ready I don't see a reason why Levy would want to intentionally lie about this. I don't see any financial motivation to do so. The money they must be losing out on plus the ballache to refund people everytime we play at Wembley doesn't sound worth it to me. Maybe they weren't 100% if it would be ready and took a punt, but lying about it seems too much to me.

All very good points but the stadium is going on seven months late. That is compelling evidence that everyone who actually worked on the site or who has construction background and looked at the site said the building wouldn't be ready. Please point to me any on site gossip that confirmed the site site would be ready from the April may period. There isn't any. All naysayers were hounded on this thread. They were proved to be correct.

Do you even begin to understand how moronic that claim is?

You're saying that Levy eight months ago lied just so fans would buy ST's at NWHL rather than ST's at Wembley, all of which would and did sell out regardless of venue.

You're then saying that he paid out millions (estimated on SSC at 12m) in overtime as a scam to make you think the stadium would be ready in September, all the while knowing that this was all a big lie and money totally wasted?

Who then refunded tickets by individual game incurring bank charges on thousands of bank transfers rather than just refunding the same money as a single payment, just to keep this supposed 'con-job' going?

Who then as a Company Director knowingly gave false statements to the Board and the Media, a potentially criminal offence, just to cover up his fiendish plot to cost the company millions to use Wembley by knowingly faking construction contracts, season ticket sales, marketing and sponsorship agreements, ground applications to UEFA, EPL and the FA, all done with no possible benefit to himself or the club?

Is that your argument or have we all missed something?

No doubt the stadium delay is an embarrassing fuck up all around, but the club via DL did not invest 800m over a decade as part of a cunning plan to get early payment on 40m of season tickets, seriously however much you might like a conspiracy theory when the people doing the conspiring stand to lose 10's of millions you can be sure that was never such a plan.

Last edited:

You're saying that Levy lied just so fans they would buy ST's at NWHL rather than ST's at Wembley, all of which would and did sell out regardless of venue.

You're then saying that he paid out millions (estimated on SSC at 12m) in overtime as a scam to make you think the stadium would be ready in September, all the while knowing that this was all a big lie?

Who then refunded tickets by individual game incurring bank charges on thousands of bank transfers rather than just refunding the same money as a single payment, just to keep this supposed 'con-job' going?

Who then as a Company Director knowingly gave false statements to the Board and the Media, a potentially criminal offence, just to cover up his fiendish plot to cost the company millions by knowingly faking construction contracts, season ticket sales, marketing and sponsorship agreements, ground applications to UEFA, EPL and the FA, all done with no possible benefit to himself or the club?

No doubt the stadium delay is an embarrassing fuck up all around, but the club via DL did not invest 800m over a decade as part of a cunning plan to get early payment on 40m of season tickets, seriously however much you might like a conspiracy theory when the people doing the conspiring stand to lose 10's of millions you can be sure that was never a plan.
You're a delusional boring fuckwit. Look at the evidence have you seen the video from the first week of May. Only 1 roof panel in. They were still fitting them in October. No seats. Scaffold every where no glazin in the boxes large swathes of external curtain walling not installed. Any one connected to the site were telling people it was impossible. So yeah he lied there is no other explanation.

You're a delusional boring fuckwit. Look at the evidence have you seen the video from the first week of May. Only 1 roof panel in. They were still fitting them in October. No seats. Scaffold every where no glazin in the boxes large swathes of external curtain walling not installed. Any one connected to the site were telling people it was impossible. So yeah he lied there is no other explanation.

Could we look at photos and videos of what things looked like when the "critical safety systems" announcement was made for a fairer look at this?

You're saying that Levy lied just so fans they would buy ST's at NWHL rather than ST's at Wembley, all of which would and did sell out regardless of venue.

You're then saying that he paid out millions (estimated on SSC at 12m) in overtime as a scam to make you think the stadium would be ready in September, all the while knowing that this was all a big lie?

Who then as a Company Director knowingly gave false statements to the Board and the Media, a potentially criminal offence, just to cover up his fiendish plot to cost the company millions by knowingly faking construction contracts, season ticket sales, marketing and sponsorship agreements, ground applications to UEFA, EPL and the FA, all done with no possible benefit to himself or the club?

No doubt the stadium delay is an embarrassing fuck up all around, but the club via DL did not invest 800m over a decade as part of a cunning plan to get early payment on 40m of season tickets, seriously however much you might like a conspiracy theory when the people doing the conspiring stand to lose 10's of millions you can be sure that was never a plan.

Well this is interesting. Because I normally disagree with 90% of everything that Bangkok posts, and agree with 90% of everything that Paddy posts. But here, insults aside, I'm persuaded by the Bangkokian analysis.

It surely doesn't make economic sense, Paddy, and economic sense is after all absolutely the main driver for Levy, for him to plan an outrageous cover up and continue lying to everyone about it. The income from ST sales simply does not provide a plausible motive. It must surely be cock-up rather than conspiracy?

Back
Top Bottom