New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're a delusional boring fuckwit. Look at the evidence have you seen the video from the first week of May. Only 1 roof panel in. They were still fitting them in October. No seats. Scaffold every where no glazin in the boxes large swathes of external curtain walling not installed. Any one connected to the site were telling people it was impossible. So yeah he lied there is no other explanation.

No mate you're playing the fuckwit. I just explained to you why a conspiracy theory makes no sense, it's simple economics, you're response is a couple of nice pictures. Try going to SCC where people way smarter than me (that's not to difficult) who are in the construction business have explained over and over why conspiracy theories are just foolish musing by people with to much time on their hands

No mate you're playing the fuckwit. I just explained to you why a conspiracy theory makes no sense, it's simple economics, you're response is a couple of nice pictures. Try going to SCC where people way smarter than me (that's not to difficult) who are in the construction business have explained over and over why conspiracy theories are just foolish musing by people with to much time on their hands
Its not a conspiracy theory when it actually happened. That's why you're so deluded. Anyone who posted the view that the site wouldn't be ready were shut down. Then woe and behold the site wasn't ready.

Its now seven months late.

Last edited:
Could we look at photos and videos of what things looked like when the "critical safety systems" announcement was made for a fairer look at this?
I posted those a while back - let me find them

Anyone who genuinely believes we were just a few wires away from completion in September need to have their head checked

Could we look at photos and videos of what things looked like when the "critical safety systems" announcement was made for a fairer look at this?
Found it - end of August

lPuPLVqh.jpg

hVKzsNf.png

DQUJUhD.jpg

I don't know why he lied perhaps he thought that he could get away with a couple of months delay but he he was found out. I belive and no I can't prove it that he launched the season ticket run because it secured his funding models and he couldn't face giving up on them. Ever since he's been playing fire fighting hence the drive to hoard cash and no transfer spend.

But anyone looking at the site could be confident of playing home games in September never mind October. He lied if he hadn't been an excellent custodian of spurs and had not employed Pochettino everyone here would be levy out by now.

Well this is interesting. Because I normally disagree with 90% of everything that Bangkok posts, and agree with 90% of everything that Paddy posts. But here, insults aside, I'm persuaded by the Bangkokian analysis.

It surely doesn't make economic sense, Paddy, and economic sense is after all absolutely the main driver for Levy, for him to plan an outrageous cover up and continue lying to everyone about it. The income from ST sales simply does not provide a plausible motive. It must surely be cock-up rather than conspiracy?
It’s pretty obvious that the truth is in the middle.

- Levy aimed for an opening date in 2018, unlikely that he realistically believed September/October but didn’t give specifics as he wanted momentum with ST sales
- That’s why at one point he was paying for 24/7 works at added expense
- At some point in early season Mace or whoever else held up their hands and admitted they were well out on timescales
- Building slows even further as workforce is reduced and everyone adjusts for a new delivery date

No conspiracy, nothing malicious, just project creep. If anything I’d imagine the developers have over promised, as pretty much everyone does. That could be due to safety systems but it’s likely in a heap of other places as well.

Its not a conspiracy theory when it actually happened. That's why you're so deluded. Anyone who posted the view that the site wouldn't be ready were shit down. Then woe and behold the site wasn't ready.

Its now seven months late.

I found it hard to believe that it would be ready when I saw it in May and then August. But I also cannot see what Levy had to gain by lying. The additional costs incurred to the company (Spurs) through the delays - and subsequent refunding of season tickets etc - would seem to massively outweigh any possible financial gain of lying. That's ignoring the PR and general fan/customer "good will" disasters of doing it.

Just a guess, but I would say despite appearances, Levy was still being assured by the contractors - who were probably under pressure of contract themselves - that as long as safety systems were working and it was deemed fit to use, even if not complete, that September/Oct/Nov would be possible and at worst, even if it did run over by a couple of months, they could maybe switch the games around and/or just switch 3/4 to Wembley.

There were stories in the media about how other major projects were being starved of tradesmen because they all being offered silly money to work at NWHL - Clearly this wouldn't have been happening if Levy wasn't doing his best to get it done quickly.

I just cannot logically see any financial gain in lying - certainly not lying knowing it would be delayed by seven or eight months - as it would almost certainly have been more financially beneficial to just have another season at Wembley and make more money?

Thanks ArcspacE ArcspacE I believe these are further proof that the site was never ready
Paddy, there were other comparisons also made at the time of the Wada Metropolitano Stadium (finished the year before), all the photo's posted showed their build was further behind than that of WHL at a similar stage, yet they didn't have electrical/critical safety failures and completed their build.

In my layman understanding, this was achieved because unlike us they continued with the round the clock work/overtime. The moment we knew of the safety failures we ditched the round the clock/overtime (just as we still have now as there is no point paying for overtime when we can get it to a state of readiness in time for the electrical shit to be put right).

Love you as a poster mate but think you are way, way off here. Your take honestly makes zero sense, this delay has cost us (Levy) x10's of millions (our revenues were amazing during our first year at Wembley, despite having to pay a lot for renting it, this was because it was mostly full. This year ST's were sold but refunds offered, the rent is the same(?) but 60k fewer people are buying tickets than the previous year, not to mention millions lost on other commercials aspects).

He ensured the STs sold - rocket science it is not.

If he knew it wasn’t going to ready for most of the season though he could have just sold another year of Wembley season tickets and not had to refund a huge chunk of those revenues as well as incur the massive costs to do so.

Where’s the financial gain if he has to then refund 7 months of fixtures and pay bank fees on top, plus the loss of revenue from then having disgruntled punters not re-buying those seats. And the additional logistical and admin costs of using Wembley ad hoc.

I’m not sure I’d want to fly in your rocket.

Paddy, there were other comparisons also made at the time of the Wada Metropolitano Stadium (finished the year before), all the photo's posted showed their build was further behind than that of WHL at a similar stage, yet they didn't have electrical/critical safety failures and completed their build.

In my layman understanding, this was achieved because unlike us they continued with the round the clock work/overtime. The moment we knew of the safety failures we ditched the round the clock/overtime (just as we still have now as there is no point paying for overtime when we can get it to a state of readiness in time for the electrical shit to be put right).

Love you as a poster mate but think you are way, way off here. Your take honestly makes zero sense, this delay has cost us (Levy) x10's of millions (our revenues were amazing during our first year at Wembley, despite having to pay a lot for renting it, this was because it was mostly full. This year ST's were sold but refunds offered, the rent is the same(?) but 60k fewer people are buying tickets than the previous year, not to mention millions lost on other commercials aspects).
Do you and others think that (a) it's being finished as fast as humanly possible (ie that an extra injection of cash - hi Joe! - wouldn't have made a difference) and (b) you have been kept fully informed at every juncture, that the club has been perfectly transparent at all times in the matter? Because from here that looks very doubtful, especially the latter point?

Last edited:
If he knew it wasn’t going to ready for most of the season though he could have just sold another year of Wembley season tickets and not had to refund a huge chunk of those revenues as well as incur the massive costs to do so.
Yes - and look like a twat while alienating fans. No chance

Where’s the financial gain if he has to then refund 7 months of fixtures and pay bank fees on top, plus the loss of revenue from then having disgruntled punters not re-buying those seats. And the additional logistical and admin costs of using Wembley ad hoc.

It was never extra - don't you get it? This is how long it was always going to take. Plus if we didn't cause the delay MACE is liable for the costs - so it's a win win for him

Oh, look - Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 comes along to defend ENIC's honor - the ever loyal bot

If anything - took him too long to respond

Happy New year Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 and thanks for the compliment. I know it's difficult to comprehend that Levy actually lied on this but the evidence is extremely clear. When the season tickets were launched in April there is no way anyone could be confident that the building would be ready yet they were sold as that it would be. The athletic Madrid stadium is a good point but fails to acknowledge how much more complicated tottenham build actually was I. E the 2 pitches. The idea that only electrical safety matters failed us from moving in is a lie. There was electrical safety failures because the build was wedded to an unachiavble program.

Back
Top Bottom