New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This Manchester City fixture on the 28/10 with venue TBC is a worry. If Wembley had been available you could bet your bottom dollar they would have moved that game as well therefore leaving another 4 weeks before Chelsea game. There is only so much bending of the rules the PL will do before other clubs start getting the right cob on.

This Manchester City fixture on the 28/10 with venue TBC is a worry. If Wembley had been available you could bet your bottom dollar they would have moved that game as well therefore leaving another 4 weeks before Chelsea game. There is only so much bending of the rules the PL will do before other clubs start getting the right cob on.
Its already started.Only fans on forums, but shows you people are thinking it..Points deduction etc

The Sun are reporting that the PL have rejected switching the fixture to Manchester and that Twickenham might be an option. Failing that, they suggest we might consider approaching either West Ham, Chelsea or Woolwich who are all playing away that week. :eek:

More interestingly, they raise the possibility of playing the City game at NWHL behind closed doors.

The Sun are reporting that the PL have rejected switching the fixture to Manchester and that Twickenham might be an option. Failing that, they suggest we might consider approaching either West Ham, Chelsea or Woolwich who are all playing away that week. :eek:

More interestingly, they raise the possibility of playing the City game at NWHL behind closed doors.
I actually thought about the latter last night. Bit of a pain& disappointment to us fans, but it wouldn't stretch the FAs patience as much as using a 3rd ground.

Fucking hell, we're definitely going to get fined or punished to some degree for this.

What a mess...

I'll go and watch Spurs games at most places but I'd be fucked if I go to either of them 3 for a 'home' game.
I imagine the club would know this so, rather than fork out for another stadium to host the match and risk very limited gate receipts, they might just as well play at NWHL behind closed doors... assuming the stadium is ready enough for that.

Fucking hell, we're definitely going to get fined or punished to some degree for this.

What a mess...

I think it depends on how pissed off the FA become with us and how much other clubs complain and make an issue of us "possibly" having to play at a third home ground. The more pissed they become the more chance of 4 or 5 points being taken away I think. A token fine of £500k for example just wouldn't cut it, I don't think.

What a fucking shambles, we're the new pikeys, hitching up all over the place, got a spare ground guv?

But hey, as long as the NFL are kept happy, thats the main thing

Also found this quote particularly interesting:

"Spuds / Levy / Lewis through holding companies had been buying up land and property around their old ground for the last ten years, nobody's 100% sure but fair to say they bought a lot ... most on the cheap

With the redevelopment of the site that land has been used for the new stadium, supermarket, offices, college, hotel, housing, with several high-rises yet to come ...

The land they own outside of the stadium site will be developed by the council as part of the 'regeneration' of the local ****hole ...

Here's the rub ... it's estimated the Spuds spent some 350m on land and buildings, it's also estimated that the land left over after the stadium build could be worth as much as 700m ...

All this was done with the 'support' of the local council ... clever feckers those Spurs ....."

Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Throwing a new ingredient into the mix of moans......and correct me if I'm off the mark.

My season ticket last years was £1075 - £56.57 per game.
I paid £82.50 for a mate to sit next to me at the Man utd game.

Are they going to charge me £82.50 to sit in my seat for Liverpool ? thus removing any season ticket benefit and stiffing me for the extra £25.93 to go to a stadium I don't want to be in ?

threeringcircus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom