New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

canada-fans-rugby-world-cup_3362820.jpg

Also found this quote particularly interesting:

"Spuds / Levy / Lewis through holding companies had been buying up land and property around their old ground for the last ten years, nobody's 100% sure but fair to say they bought a lot ... most on the cheap

With the redevelopment of the site that land has been used for the new stadium, supermarket, offices, college, hotel, housing, with several high-rises yet to come ...

The land they own outside of the stadium site will be developed by the council as part of the 'regeneration' of the local ****hole ...

Here's the rub ... it's estimated the Spuds spent some 350m on land and buildings, it's also estimated that the land left over after the stadium build could be worth as much as 700m ...

All this was done with the 'support' of the local council ... clever feckers those Spurs ....."

Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

To the best of my knowledge the above statement is 100 percent true. ( although I take exception to the Spuds )

The obvious reality is that ENIC purchased and ENIC will profit. It will not be the football club - our benefit is the stadium, in which we will probably be lead tennant ( that’s not true I hope I am being cynical )

Throwing a new ingredient into the mix of moans......and correct me if I'm off the mark.

My season ticket last years was £1075 - £56.57 per game.
I paid £82.50 for a mate to sit next to me at the Man utd game.

Are they going to charge me £82.50 to sit in my seat for Liverpool ? thus removing any season ticket benefit and stiffing me for the extra £25.93 to go to a stadium I don't want to be in ?
Yes. They will stiff you. But the counter argument is that Cardiff might be cheaper.

As hard as it will be to do. Best statement to make is boycotting anything else at Wembley.

nope just thought it was strange people thought it was so unbelievable that a contractor on one of the most highly anticipated and watched construction projects wouldn't be reluctant to admit that they can't deliver on time.

We had Mace do a major revamp on our building and they ran 2 years over ( was not a project I was involved with thank god ) I don’t remember ever seeing one apology from Mace in regards to the overrun

If the stadiums not ready and Wembley has a nfl game on sunday. Move the citeh game to Saturday at wembley. Not fucking rocket science!!
Erm...no, you're right, it's not rocket science. The stadium will have already been handed over to the NFL long before Saturday though. There obviously wouldn't be enough time to get everything set up between our game finishing on the Saturday and the lunch time NFL game on the Sunday, and they'll want it for training, promos etc anyway.

It's not going to work, and if it was as simple as that then I imagine it would've already been announced.

How much fun must that Khan fella @ Foolham be having with how much we need his (potential) stadium and how ridiculous we look to the NFL right now ( We - actually how ridiculous ENIC look right now as fucking NFL is nothing to do with Tottenham Hotspur Football club )

Also found this quote particularly interesting:

"Spuds / Levy / Lewis through holding companies had been buying up land and property around their old ground for the last ten years, nobody's 100% sure but fair to say they bought a lot ... most on the cheap

With the redevelopment of the site that land has been used for the new stadium, supermarket, offices, college, hotel, housing, with several high-rises yet to come ...

The land they own outside of the stadium site will be developed by the council as part of the 'regeneration' of the local ****hole ...

Here's the rub ... it's estimated the Spuds spent some 350m on land and buildings, it's also estimated that the land left over after the stadium build could be worth as much as 700m ...

All this was done with the 'support' of the local council ... clever feckers those Spurs ....."

Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

It's certainly true that Spurs / ENIC used holding companies to buy up a large amount of land, would question the 700m value that seems high, but then not sure how much land they bought ...

It's also true that they were in partnership with the Council and Landlease but that project seems to have run into some trouble ...

Spurs / ENIC or a subsidiary/partner have recently filed a lot of planning applications with the council for another multi-use project in Tottenham, presumably on land they already own ..

Who's up for a trek to MK Dons to play Man City?
If it isn't at the Lane it can't be at Wembley.

Really shambolic situation we've found ourselves in.

I can't figure out how if there was a contingency plan put in place for us to possibly need to use Wembley how the Premier League & Sky were able to put us down as playing there the same day the NFL are. Either someone's telling porkies or the Prem/ Sky didn't know about it or completely messed up on this contingency backup

I can't figure out how if there was a contingency plan put in place for us to possibly need to use Wembley how the Premier League & Sky were able to put us down as playing there the same day the NFL are. Either someone's telling porkies or the Prem/ Sky didn't know about it or completely messed up on this contingency backup
Sky and the Premier League have nothing to do it. It is our fuck up.

Sky and the Premier League have nothing to do it. It is our fuck up.

Sky &a the Prem are responsible for fixtures and dates though. It just seems extremely stupid that out of THFC, the FA, the Prem League & Sky nobody flagged this as a possible problem when looking at this contingency plan that apparantly had been purchased at the end of last season.

It's there as a safeguard but it ain't exactly doing its job by making us have to shift about is it. 4 huge companies and not one of them saw the NFL/ Man City fixture being played on the 28th Oct as a potential issue before even the first test event had taken place. Weird

Back
Top Bottom