New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe the City game could just be flipped and be up at the Etihad. Probably easiest solution if Wembley is booked and NWHL isn’t ready. Plus it would mean I wouldn’t miss the opening game at the new ground. Sky don’t have to move their precious time slot. We get a home game in the second part of the season when we are usually stronger. Wins all round.
I imagine this is what they'll be looking to do if there's any doubt that we'll be ready in time for the City match. It's not necessarily that simple or easy though:
  • Firstly, City would have to agree to it. The return leg is the 35th match of 38 of the season, so potentially a critical point. If City think they'd be disadvantaged from it, they could very well say no - and they'd have every right to do so
  • Secondly, safety groups in both London and Manchester would have to agree to it. Flipping the fixture would see both City and United playing at home on the same weekend, and then in April it'd see us and Woolwich both at home on the same weekend. Both situations are always directly avoided in the League's fixture scheduling for policing reasons. In the first case, United are at home on Sat 27th Oct and our match at City would be Sun 28th, so that shouldn't present a problem really. In April though, it could be more tricky. We'd have to get Sky/BT to agree way way in advance to put ours and Woolwich's matches on different days, most likely Saturday 20th/Sunday 21st April. Us v City is by far the biggest match of that round, so Sky would no doubt want to put it in the precious Sunday 4 pm slot (although they wouldn't want to decide that until a few weeks beforehand normally). However, the Europa League semi-final is Thursday 18th April, which complicates things even more - there's a (slim) chance that either Woolwich or even we could end up in that match, which would bump any match scheduled for the Saturday back to the Sunday. Potentially then colliding again with the other North London home match!
So given all of that, I think we'll be doing everything in our power to avoid this possible clusterfuck...

Yeah it was a bit of red mist I guess but I still think the club have sat around the table and discussed damage limitation based on certain events that have gone down and I don't see a lot of love or compensation being offered to the fans because of it. If you'd rented an hour diving a Ferrari only to get told the first 5 minutes you had to drive a Vauxhall instead, only to then get told the Vauxhall ride would then be 10 minutes, possibly 15, then 20 you'd start to want your money back & with this season ticket refund expiring after the season started should you want to take them up on it, I can't help but suspect that they've pulled a bit of a fast one even if the circumstances regarding the build are out of their control.

Sorry about the Ferrari analogy, I've been spending far too many lunch breaks on Groupon :s

P.s I know it isn't about the stadium, it's about the team but the stadium has definitely spiked interest amongst some fans and probably played a big part tipping the scales for some when deciding to part with their money

Timing is dreadful... I fear for the accumulative window/stadium combo backlash.

'Afternoon' btw! :)

Americans just don't understand rivalries.

cottonbowloutexas.jpg

Just as a PR 'soothener', maybe the club could throw the doors open for free for the test events....?

They're somewhat of a necessity for the long term operation for the venue and aren't 'turnstile dependent'... A couple of nice fan days to say thanks for the 12 months of Wembley. It needn't even have an apologetic narrative.

Think clubs generally could do more things like this anyway considering how rich every other cunt in the game is getting anyway.

Timing is dreadful... I fear for the accumulative window/stadium combo backlash.

'Afternoon' btw! :)

I hope we'll be alright. We just have to tough it out a little and hope all isn't as ropey as it seems. Once we are in the new build we are in it and we can focus purely on the future. I'm really hoping we get news of an Eriksen contract soon. It'll be a huge boost knowing we get to secure our quality for a while if we do

Back
Top Bottom