New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who will? The point is that if we can't use the new stadium, we won't be able to play at the backup option of Wembley as it'll be hosting NFL that weekend. The kick off time is irrelevant. They have no retractable pitch. The pitch markings are very different, and you can't sort all that overnight.

We probably won't have access to the stadium for a good few days before and after. Would have to reschedule for a completely different time, in mid week at some point, which wouldn't go down at all well with the Premier League or Man City.
No other option apart from what you said. Let's hope NEW stadium ready by then.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the way the announcement has been posted suggests that Man City will definitely not be at NWHL.

Surely they would have not mentioned it at all if they were hoping that would be the first game?

The way I read it is that it will be the last one away, they just had to put TBC for the venue due to NFL at Wembley.

Fully expect the City game to be at Wembley midweek...

I think I read that midweek is Carabou cup week games ?

Little change of subject. I've just seen this on the BBC website

Premier League: 10 of 20 clubs could have made profits in 2016-17 without fans at games

_102847614_profits_fans_list1.jpg

We are one of only 10 clubs and the only 1 out of the top 6 that made a profit in 16/17 without any financial influence from match day receipts. Not sure where to put this but with the last 24 hours of things going on about the stadium etc I thought it might be best to post here

The implication of the article is that clubs don't need to charge fans anything - but most of the clubs that fit the criteria finish at the wrong end of the table, so all that tells me is you need to earn more from other areas in order to be able to spend in excess of your broadcasting revenue......and if you do, you are more likely to finish higher.

What was funny about all this, was working the graveyard shift last night and listening to TalkCrap (I know, I know) at 2am in the car. Some Dipper comes on, imaginatively call "scouser". Bemoaning how this has fucked up all his plans, how his bint had purchased him dipper tickets at our "new stadium" and how this has now pretty much ruined everything for him. He doesnt want to go to Wembley - "I can go there anytime", yeh OK mate. He then goes on to say how the FA should massively fine Spurs for this, for causing so much hassle. Their bitterness really knows no depths, complete pond bottom dweller, sounded thick as shit as well.

The host on TalkCrap was no better, sticking the knife in and couldnt believe Spurs fans were still backing the club and in his words, making excuses for the Club.

Anyway, if nothing else at least this has ruined the life for one Dipper. Silver linings and all that :)
I think we should do EXACTLY what TallShite wants for once... boycott the new ground, and abandon supporting THFC altogether.

Then we can disperse our support amongst the other TOP 4 clubs of their choice... SIMPLY to show them just how ridiculous that would be!

We'll support our club for two reasons: they're OUR club, and WE'RE Supporters!

If you can't stick by your club and SUPPORT it when it needs you most (despite what the reports say of clubs no longer needing fans in the ground to survive financially) then what is the point of BEING A SUPPORTER?

....or maybe that's the point??

We really ARE SUCH a fickle, fly-by-night throwaway Society, that at the first hint of a problem, we ditch everything and abandon ship!!

Well fuck that. We're Spurs and we're not going ANYWHERE! :kanehand:
(OK, that last sentence didn't come out quite right!)

I meant the FANS aren't going ANYWHERE... not the club! :levywhoa:

Wow I wonder what's going to happen if we don't get moving when it gets to the 28th of October then. What a pickle we find ourselves in I bet Levy's all over the gaff at the moment

I assumed that our match would shift to the previous Friday or the following Wednesday, but there is a CL match the previous week and the sodding Carabao Cup the following so I guess it would just be postponed and fitted in later in the season.

TBH that's the least of our problems.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy these days....the builders fucked up and the club are trying to pick up the pieces...that's it. And all this bleating about flights and hotels...ever tried booking a trip to a late season game? It's a fucking lottery, a late fixture change by Sky and everything goes to shit.

I actually think it's pretty obscene to fly over from New York for one football match, assume the guy isn't a season ticket holder as well and the tickets haven't gone on sale yet.......so it seems like a bit of a punt anyway

Maybe the City game could just be flipped and be up at the Etihad. Probably easiest solution if Wembley is booked and NWHL isn’t ready. Plus it would mean I wouldn’t miss the opening game at the new ground. Sky don’t have to move their precious time slot. We get a home game in the second part of the season when we are usually stronger. Wins all round.

What a bummer....

It’s disappointing for sure but I honestly don’t believe that there is any conspiracy going on here. If the club knew about the problems last week, how could they communicate that without first putting in place the contingency? I completely understand why it was done that way. When the rumours came out yesterday morning that the FA had been approached, then surely it is clear that only after the arrangements had been put in place could the news be communicated.

I’m still waiting for my email from the club but hey, even on holiday, I have caught up so I think they did what they needed to in order to communicate what was clearly leaking anyway.

We are away for a footy tournament with my son’s academy for the Man City game so will be disappointed to miss it if that’s our first match but really, in the grand scheme of things, although it is disappointing, that’s all it is. It is a delay, not a cancellation. I didn’t get an ST for Wembley and don’t really have much interest in going there but I am very excited to have STs for the new stadium and that hasn’t changed. I hope we are in before the mass of home games we have there in December.

Having read through the last few pages, I can only offer my sympathy to folk who have bought their ST’s in good faith & shelled out lots of hard earned.

We'll get over it. I hate Wembley, but I'd have retained my ST even if we had another whole season there, let alone a few matches. I'm not about to give up 50 years of supporting this lot just for the inconvenience of a handful more matches away from The Lane.

We'll get over it. I hate Wembley, but I'd have retained my ST even if we had another whole season there, let alone a few matches. I'm not about to give up 50 years of supporting this lot just for the inconvenience of a handful more matches away from The Lane.
Nobody is saying you should. I agree that the team needs the fans more than ever.
What is inexplicable is the manner in which said fans are being treated by the board. The lack of communication from the club to the fans, until the shit has already hit the fan, & even then the briefest of statements, isn’t acceptable to people who have been fans for a few months, let alone fans of half a century. It’s disrespectful whichever way you look at it. Be open and honest & people will accept what you say. Be misleading, secretive or vague & people don’t like it.

Back
Top Bottom