New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For what it's worth I've just heard a bit more about what happened with the delay ...

The fire detection and suppression systems had failed testing (possibly at the test event) MACE were looking at a fix ... this was known by all but not the serious nature of the issue(s) ...

It wasn't until Monday at 2:00 pm that MACE met with the DL and his team where they informed Spurs that the problem was more serious than first thought and could not be fixed in time for the planned test events ...

This news was leaked to the press that same afternoon ...

Make of that what you will ...

EDIT - bit more info, the fire detection and suppression systems issues were first identified by MACE back in January, they believed they had a fix, clearly not .... that's now a HUGE concern by all at the club ....
Sorry but this just does not wash. Complicated schemes like this would have a ITP. an inspection test plan where each part of the system would subject a percentage check and test by both parties. I very much doubt that the system was turned on and found to have a fault. If it was failing they would know about it.

This sounds like a HS wash. You can not compromise on Health and safety and that's why it's often used to cloak difficult decisions.

I suspect it wasn't ready because the timescales were too tight and project hand over date just ran out of road.

jimmyriggle jimmyriggle explanation sounds more plausible.

Remember when you all told me this was bullshit? Seems Mace weren't entirely transparent with levy and co eh?

Pretty sure we all didn’t say that was bullshit but maybe I’m wrong there........

I have known for a while how behind a few things were while consistently hearing that the internals were finished - they are not - but people on here love their own agenda and just push that all the time.
The stark reality is no one on here knows the full story, and most likely few do on site either.

As I’ve said before it’s a massive project. Loads can go wrong. Like this. And probably other things we know nothing about.

And having worked on various size projects for a long time, in my experience in this country, shit goes wrong a lot. Maybe some people just don’t realise that.

And Brexit has also sucked skilled and unskilled labour out of the market. That’s probably had some knock on effect too. Again speculation.

So for now I’m just going to enjoy the ride and wait for that first game back at WHL. There’s literally fuck all I can do so why waste my time fretting about it.

Going to give Wembley a swerve so have decided I’ve either pre paid for my season ticket for 2019-2020 back at the Lane or I’m going to have a large chunk back as a deposit from the games they move this season.

Just hoping this doesn’t turn into Berlin Airport mark2. If we find out the same suppliers/products/companies involved I might get worried then.

Going to give Wembley a swerve so have decided I’ve either pre paid for my season ticket for 2019-2020 back at the Lane or I’m going to have a large chunk back as a deposit from the games they move this season.

This is literally the only silver lining to this massive cloud.

Having said that, I was really hoping to have gone to a game before our 2nd sprog turns up. If it does turn out the Chelsea game is the first one, that’s 3 days before the baby’s due... :levywtf:

I support the team. I went to about 20 games at the Wembley shit-hole last season. In fact i support the team so much i paid 90.8% more per match to watch them again this season. At the new WHL.

Yeah, I know you did. Like I said, I understand the frustrations about Wembley, and those who dished up for the silly prices at NWHL.

Should the pitch not been laid yet. The date for the first match test event was the 26th of August was it not. The pitch would be on a different critical path then the electrics. So if the pitch is in place in time it would support that the project was let down hs fire systems not being over the line. If the pitch is not laid then it would support that the actual hand over date was too ambitious to start with.

I'm not sure, think the pitch takes about 2 days to lay.

Sen a monstertruck show in a stadium where they played football 3 days later.

Should the pitch not been laid yet. The date for the first match test event was the 26th of August was it not. The pitch would be on a different critical path then the electrics. So if the pitch is in place in time it would support that the project was let down hs fire systems not being over the line. If the pitch is not laid then it would support that the actual hand over date was too ambitious to start with.

They wouldn’t have tested the fire systems for the first time last week. It’s just not credible. Maybe a cable or a node got crushed in the interim, but you don’t just cable and second fix an enormous build like that and just hope it works when you press the button.

They wouldn’t have tested the fire systems for the first time last week. It’s just not credible. Maybe a cable or a node got crushed in the interim, but you don’t just cable and second fix an enormous build like that and just hope it works when you press the button.
That's why the club's line, echoed on the Trust podcast yesterday, that this all came as a massive surprise yesterday morning, completely out of the blue, doesn't completely ring true, the number of voices coming from people (supposedly) working on site that things were not well, of overtime cut back, of teams of electicians laid off, replaced... they can't all have been "gooners and spammers" or people just making it up for the #bAnTz.

Like you say, H&S is a convenient scapegoat, with bridges collapsing in Italy and stages falling into the sea in Spain, no one attending on Sept 15th was going to say, aaah, fuck it, it'll be OK, I don't really care about building safety to be honest.

As is shovelling all the blame onto Mace. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a slightly different take on things

Last edited:
That's why the club's line, echoed on the Trust podcast yesterday, that this all came as a massive surprise yesterday morning, completely out of the blue, doesn't completely ring true, the number of voices coming from people (supposedly) working on site that things were not well, of overtime cut back, of teams of electicians laid off, replaced... they can't all have been "gooners and spammers" or people just making it up for the #bAnTz.

Like you say, H&S is a convenient scapegoat, with bridges collapsing in Italy and stages falling into the sea in Spain, no one attending on Sept was going to say, aaah, fuck it, it'll be OK, I don't really care about building safety to be honest.

As is shovelling all the blame onto Mace. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a slightly different take on things

Hey Bill, I had a look at the stuff I posted in the early days of the Levy/ENIC thread and I was hugely critical of them - and I include a post where I took the piss out of Sammy, who I love. You see? We all can change for the better. (Either that or I’m a massive hypocrite) probably the latter.
And so amateurish. No doubt the Levy lovers will kick my head in, but is there no one at the club that has the brains and the balls to say 'hang on, if we push this and it gets into the press, we'll look ridiculous.'

(I answered my own question there, didn't I?)

That's fair, but I'll ask you: do you think Poch has been backed up to now, and do you think he will be backed in the future?

Pay Up
Sit Down
Shut Up
Fuck Off

Ha ha mate - that's brilliant - how do you know this? I really can't get over how mad you're starting to sound. You didn't even suggest that it might be a possibility - you said that they would - definitely, brooking no argument, a fact, a bleedin' foregone conclusion, a certainty that any free thinking football fan would freely acknowledge, an absolute fackin' fact, a Mark Lawrenson prediction, a certainty. And the score, 4-0? not 3 or 5 but 4-0. 4 FUCKING NIL!

Late result - Spurs 0 - Spurs 4

Edit: Just spotted you did say 'about'. Apologies.

Well I have been critical of our lack of spending in the past, and I didn't want to come over as a hypocrite. If Poch and the team weren't doing the business we'd all criticise the net spend, but we do appear to be in a good position at the moment.

And there’s plenty more where that came from. I’m embarrassed Bill. So I’m off.

Last edited:
Hey Bill, I had a look at the stuff I posted in the early days of the Levy/ENIC thread and I was hugely critical of them - and I include a post where I took the piss out of Sammy, who I love. You see? We all can change for the better. (Either that or I’m a massive hypocrite) probably the latter.

And there’s plenty more where that came from. I’m embarrassed Bill. So I’m off.
All seems perfectly reasonable to me

:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom