New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are there regulations for changing grounds mid-season? I wonder if it's feasible to have more road games in the beginning and a couple fixtures at Wembley then transition to the new WHL when it's ready, if it comes to that.

I was never able to go to the old WHL but crossing my fingers I can make it to the new one in 18/19..:levyeyes:

Are there regulations for changing grounds mid-season? I wonder if it's feasible to have more road games in the beginning and a couple fixtures at Wembley then transition to the new WHL when it's ready, if it comes to that.

I was never able to go to the old WHL but crossing my fingers I can make it to the new one in 18/19..:levyeyes:

I don't think you're allowed to change grounds mid-season. I could be wrong but I recall a few saying you couldn't earlier in the season

Yeah the Premier League state you can only use 1 stadium as a home venue in a season, it's to stop the "smaller" clubs from having a 20k stadium for all but the big games and then moving to a bigger one so they can cash in.

Yeah the Premier League state you can only use 1 stadium as a home venue in a season, it's to stop the "smaller" clubs from having a 20k stadium for all but the big games and then moving to a bigger one so they can cash in.
Well that sounds like it's meant to prevent teams bouncing back and forth multiple times. I wonder if there's any provision for a one-time move that is meant to be permanent. Sounds like an awful waste if the stadium was completed in late September or something and sat mostly empty for a year.

I was supposed to write this in the morning when i initially read the posts, but I'm a little tired of the scaremongering in regards to us being 'home' for next season. until an announcement is made about where or when we'll be playing other than NWHL, just enjoy watching it go up! (oh matron)

without any concrete information, some post conjecture at any opportunity and it's becoming wearying. give them a benefit or two of the doubt--no sources, no quotations just oh no what if this happen? what if that happens?

and for the record, the roof lift was stated as mid-feb, for a project as meticulously managed and planned as this one, i'd imagine they have built-in contingencies for these sort of set-backs.

levy has twice said it will open in time, get on board.

They've managed to work rapidly through the winter. I'm pretty confident they'll get it done by August. I wouldn't be surprised if certain areas inside still need work, but everything needed to have a match likely be done.

The PL has a regulation that requires that all home games during one season be played at the same ground. Like all PL regulations that is subject to a waiver based on the consent of 14 of the 20 clubs of the PL. Liverpool had contingency to move home games to road games through the October international break but ended up not needing that. If we require all of September I'd be shocked. We will be away the first week because we always are, there are 4 game weeks before September 15. We are talking 2 home games by that date, not a terrible inconvenience.

Spurs are giving us the D. :vdvdive:

This 'D' is from the word 'LONDON N17', which is one of 6 phrases we're spelling out around the ground (the others being 'TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR', 'ESTABLISHED 1882', 'THE GAME IS ABOUT GLORY', 'TO DARE IS TO DO' and 'AUDERE EST FACERE').
in fact it's gonna spell:
Dottenham Hodspur
A nod to a game in the late '70s where Glenn famously played with a nasty cold!!

Men were men in them days!

Last edited:
This 'D' is from the word 'LONDON N17', which is one of 6 phrases we're spelling out around the ground (the others being 'TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR', 'ESTABLISHED 1882', 'THE GAME IS ABOUT GLORY', 'TO DARE IS TO DO' and 'AUDERE EST FACERE').
Also read that the

"letters for these will be cast in concrete with a dark blue tiled background."

So they will stand proud of the wall :crouch:

Think the THST had or have a meeting with the board sometime this week. A detailed minutes is normally released soon after. Would imagine a stadium update will be covered in depth.

Back
Top Bottom