New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another one....

Another great video. So good to see the stadium like this as once the roof is up I'm guessing we won't have such a good view into the stadium anymore.

On another point I wonder if the authorities, Spurs or the builders get twitchy about a drone flying around the new build? There are so many rules these days on drone flying.

I really like the way the South Stand sticks out making it more like a boat and less like a bowl.
Hope it stays that way....anyone know if they are going to just glass it all in or will it still lean out when finished?

Antonio Neri, President & CEO of Hewlett Packard, visited the stadium this week. They used to sponsor us.. stadium HP?

Probably not but you never know
Lets go mad...
41PrkrQXEcL._SY450_.jpg

I really like the way the South Stand sticks out making it more like a boat and less like a bowl.
Hope it stays that way....anyone know if they are going to just glass it all in or will it still lean out when finished?

The ‘trees’ will be inside, so glassed in if I’ve understood correctly.

If it helps, I believe the final result will be a bit of both - yes the trees are glassed in, but in a manner that means the top of the south stand rear will 'stick out' from its base. With the aluminium cladding adding to this effect too.

Any idea when next season starts?

Or even ideas of pre season fixtures?

Wanna time the 'family' holiday to get to the Pochetino/Kane Stadium for when it opens.

Any idea when next season starts?

Or even ideas of pre season fixtures?

Wanna time the 'family' holiday to get to the Pochetino/Kane Stadium for when it opens.

When will the 2018-19 Premier League season start after the transfer window closes?

Click to follow
ES Sport
premier-league-trophy.jpg

AFP/Getty Images
ES Football Newsletter
or register with your social account

I would like to recieve news and stats from the Premier League, twice a week by email

The Premier League has confirmed that the 2018-19 season will begin on the weekend of August 11/12.

On Thursday, the Premier League's top 20 clubs voted to push forward transfer deadline day from August 31 to 5pm on the Thursday before the start of the new season, starting with the 2018-19 campaign.

As part of that announcement, the League confirmed the date on which the summer transfer window would close in 2018.

A statement from the League announced: "Premier League clubs have today agreed to a rule amendment that will see the summer transfer window in any year end at 1700 BST on the Thursday before the start of the season.

• READ MORE
Premier League clubs vote to close summer transfer window early

"This is for Premier League clubs only and has no bearing on other leagues and competitions.

"The first transfer window in which this applies will be the summer transfer window in 2018 (ahead of the 2018/19 season) and it will close at 1700 BST on Thursday August 9 2018."

That means the new season could begin as early as August 10, with a precedent already in place for beginning the competition on a Friday with last month’s clash between Woolwich and Leicester.

Should the league kick off on a Friday, it would mean the Premier League beginning only 27 days after the World Cup Final in Moscow.

Back
Top Bottom