New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is it about the British weather that you believe to be bad for grass? Have you looked outside? Everywhere is green because of our weather

I would start with the fact it's fucking freezing out currently and that frost does a lot of damage to grass, my next concern would be the rain...which under normal circumstances would be wonderful for grass, but I don't think excess water in those trays would be great for the mechanics...or the grass.

Last edited:
I would start with the fact it's fucking freezing out currently and that frost does a lot of damage to grass, my next concern would be the rain...which under normal circumstances would be wonderful for grass, but I don't think excess water in those trays would be great for the mechanics...or the grass.
Frost: Undersoil heating.
Excess rain: Drainage.

It won't be a problem, I'm positive they'll leave them outside as often as possible.

I see that Aweys Shikhey, who's on trial at the Old Bailey for preparing terrorist acts, planned to launch an AK 47 attack on WHL in 2016 or 1017.

He seems to be a bit of demented fantasist, planning to kill the Queen and David Cameron, but nevertheless its a chilling thought eh?

I gotta say, one of the best gifts of this thread is the number of times "problems" are pointed out on behalf of the stadium build by people assuming the whole massive project was dreamed up by some cunt down the road who built his nan a fence once.

I gotta say, one of the best gifts of this thread is the number of times "problems" are pointed out on behalf of the stadium build by people assuming the whole massive project was dreamed up by some cunt down the road who built his nan a fence once.
Whilst I agree with you in general, to be fair to MKYid MKYid he was suggesting that the team would keep the pitch indoors to overcome frost & rain issues, not that they wouldn't have thought about it at all

He's wrong :allitongue: but not an idiot :walker:

I see that Aweys Shikhey, who's on trial at the Old Bailey for preparing terrorist acts, planned to launch an AK 47 attack on WHL in 2016 or 1017.

He seems to be a bit of demented fantasist, planning to kill the Queen and David Cameron, but nevertheless its a chilling thought eh?
For so many reasons you’d think he’d go for Stamford Bridge wouldn’t you?

Whilst I agree with you in general, to be fair to MKYid MKYid he was suggesting that the team would keep the pitch indoors to overcome frost & rain issues, not that they wouldn't have thought about it at all

He's wrong :allitongue: but not an idiot :walker:
No, not stupid, and that not what I mean MKYid MKYid . I just enjoy the absurdity of lots of posts that come across here for one reason or another as if the thousands of people involved full-time for years in the design and construction of the stadium have missed things like drainage.

For what it's worth, I greatly doubt the pitch will be managed any differently ( in the main) that the old one at WHL. They'll have a heating system to keep it from freezing, and they'll most likely tarp it during heavy rains outside of matches. The pitch will also, most likely, be periodically rolled under the stand for no other reason that to ensure everything is operating in top shape - no way they'll just wait until the day before an NFL fixture/concert/other event to roll it out and discover a malfunction.

For so many reasons you’d think he’d go for Stamford Bridge wouldn’t you?
No actually, the extreme right and Islamists both share a rabid hatred of Hebrews. Just read Jon Ronson's Them, about New World Order conspiracy theory fruitcakes. In separate parts of the book, Omar Bakri Mohammed, AKA the Tottenham Ayatollah, and the white power neo-nazis from Aryan Nation expressed their mutual admiration as having a common enemy.

This Aweys Shikhey cunt also wanted to go round Stamford Hill taking out the orthodox lot, charming bloke

No actually, the extreme right and Islamists both share a rabid hatred of Hebrews. Just read Jon Ronson's Them, about New World Order conspiracy theory fruitcakes. In separate parts of the book, Omar Bakri Mohammed, AKA the Tottenham Ayatollah, and the white power neo-nazis from Aryan Nation expressed their mutual admiration as having a common enemy.

This Aweys Shikhey cunt also wanted to go round Stamford Hill taking out the orthodox lot, charming bloke

Labour?

DV8EvOsW0AEikJQ.jpg:orig

Still crazy that we don't have the naming rights confirmed yet...

But, Levy being Levy, you can perhaps see why we'd let negotiations go on as long as possible - merely the last two weeks of performances/results will have strengthened our hand as an exciting club to be involved with.
:levystare:

Still crazy that we don't have the naming rights confirmed yet...

But, Levy being Levy, you can perhaps see why we'd let negotiations go on as long as possible - merely the last two weeks of performances/results will have strengthened our hand as an exciting club to be involved with.
:levystare:

Most stadiums seem to open before any naming rights deal is agreed

Pencilling in a trip over in September - probably stay a night in that Premier Inn at Tottenham Hale (cos I'm a baller) before hiring a car to drive to Devon/Cornwall for a few days off work.
Can't wait to see this friggin' stadium. And spend ££££££ in the shop.
That's the debt sorted then. Nice

Back
Top Bottom