New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's May tomorrow. There is no way Mace and Levy don't know if the stadium is going to be ready in time at this point, less than 4 months from the start of next season. The fact that they went forward with season ticket purchases was a HUGE indicator that there is very, very high confidence of the stadium being completed this summer. I think everyone was anticipating the first 4 games away request in order to give a buffer until after the first international break.

It's May tomorrow. There is no way Mace and Levy don't know if the stadium is going to be ready in time at this point, less than 4 months from the start of next season. The fact that they went forward with season ticket purchases was a HUGE indicator that there is very, very high confidence of the stadium being completed this summer. I think everyone was anticipating the first 4 games away request in order to give a buffer until after the first international break.
Only worry for me is the retractable pitch not working. I don't see some old fella with a handcrank getting it in place.

As for the main stadium, no way is Levy sell8ng tickets if it won't be ready

there is no investigating in that report though, literally zero new information or opinion. I thought it was poor myself, surely they could have got a better estimate than:

"Then, it became £750m and £850m, and now, nobody would be surprised if it reached a billion"

do a bit of digging and see if it is and if this is linked to the stadium or surrounding and if that will have the same effect. I read the guardian and thought this was poor click bait article.
Someone elsewhere has also pointed out that the author is a Woolwich fan.

Also, fuck the Guardian.
:dembelefingers:

He's a journo, not an accountant...
Which is why he should understand written English. He has absolutely no evidence to corroborate his statement that Levy’s basic wage is greater than the squad’s “basic cap”.

I don’t know what Kane’s bonus per goal is but by the logic of this article you could cherry pick his “wage” from a week with a hat trick in it, extrapolate that out of context, and write an article about how Harry Kane is the highest paid player in the world. Both would be equally false.

Which is why he should understand written English. He has absolutely no evidence to corroborate his statement that Levy’s basic wage is greater than the squad’s “basic cap”.

I don’t know what Kane’s bonus per goal is but by the logic of this article you could cherry pick his “wage” from a week with a hat trick in it, extrapolate that out of context, and write an article about how Harry Kane is the highest paid player in the world. Both would be equally false.

Also in which industry does the chair person of the company earn less than their employees? Levy whilst he took home £6m in last year’s accounts, it’s shown to be backdated pay and also performance related bonuses. Not much different to Harry Kane and his goal related bonuses.

Rumours are that we already have permission to play the first 4 games away, which means (with the international break) that we have until end September - so almost 5 months (May, June, July, August, September) to get to a stadium ready to play in. Look back at pics from last autumn to see progress made since then to judge what can be done in 5 more months.

My guess is that there will be some work done for months after its opened, but for the vast majority of fans anything not complete it will be an irrelevance.

As an example I'd guess that there is render over 50% of the stadium already, but if that was only 90% complete by end September would you care ?
That’s what I meant by sectional completion - it can be unfinished but serviceable from a public safety point of view. As I understand, the real focus is on hitting the the Seahawks V Raiders game in October. Missing that will cause some problems, probably penalties.

Anyway, am a Spurs fan so would love it to be ready for the start of the season, just my experience as I work in that game, I don’t think it’ll be ready by then. Not sure why that’s worth a dislike but there you go.

That’s what I meant by sectional completion - it can be unfinished but serviceable from a public safety point of view. As I understand, the real focus is on hitting the the Seahawks V Raiders game in October. Missing that will cause some problems, probably penalties.

Anyway, am a Spurs fan so would love it to be ready for the start of the season, just my experience as I work in that game, I don’t think it’ll be ready by then. Not sure why that’s worth a dislike but there you go.

I didn't dislike it !

I'd guess that those that did read your opening statements 'Not to be a downer but....(about to be a downer)....no chance in my eyes that site will be ready for the new season. Far too much to do.'

..and understand your sentence with the term 'sectional completion' to be similarly negative.

IMO it will be more complete than 'serviceable from a public safety point of view' to being more like 'complete except for some non essential bits' (as I illustrated with maybe only 90% of cladding being complete) only with the remaining 'bits' being completed over a period of months.

Anyway we'll see where we are in mid August, which I would guess would be the timing of the 'Test Events'

Season Ticket Update 1 May 2018 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

We have now completed all eight phases of the Season Ticket renewal process for existing holders to reserve their seat at our new stadium for the 2018/2019 campaign. Over 38,000 of you have renewed. In addition to these renewals, many on the original list opted to upgrade to a Premium membership prior to the phases commencing, resulting in an overall take-up of more than 96 per cent.

Back
Top Bottom