New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not to be a downer but....(about to be a downer)....no chance in my eyes that site will be ready for the new season. Far too much to do. Perhaps some some of sectional completion with approval from emergency services to open, but without any of the F&B, boxes etc. We’ll probably have to play first month a time least away, which is fine.

The latest 'close to being official' statement on the stadium being open for the start of the season.
THST News: April 2018

BUSINESS COMMUNITY LIAISON GROUP MEETING: LATEST NOTES
The latest BCLG meeting was held on 17 April at Lilywhite House, with Pete Haine in attendance for THST. Key take outs from the meeting are as follows:
  • A record number of people working on site was recorded this week (2,607), with an average on the night shift of 300 workers on site
  • The stadium roof lift and installation has progressed well, with the framework now fully in place. The roof will now be fitted with glass panels and cassettes
  • The pitch tray deliveries are nearing completion (4 per night, expected to be completed by the end of April) and the work to lay the NFL pitch has started
  • The GA seats continue to be installed across all levels
  • Internal works are progressing quickly, with work on many concourses, restaurants, toilets and bars now reaching completion
  • The stadium build and south plaza will be ready in time for opening in August, but that some external landscaping works may be installed on an interim basis for safety reasons
  • Test events are being planned for August. They will be ticketed and will test out all functions of the new stadium
  • The Tottenham Experience will hopefully be ready to open at the same time as the stadium
  • There are plans for a new community café at 810 High Road, close to Percy House
  • Information on road closures before, during and after stadium events will be presented at the next BCLG meeting
  • THFC continues to work with all stakeholders to ensure that the upgrade works at the four key local stations (White Hart Lane, Seven Sisters, Northumberland Park and Tottenham Hale) are completed as quickly as possible. THFC is also working to have adequate plans in place to ensure wait times and queue organisation are as good as they possibly can be for stadium opening
  • The new shuttle buses that will be in place for match day one, along with an extensive messaging plan to local residents and fans, will help manage any issues caused by unfinished stations not working at capacity
As a general comment it looks like Spurs expect to be able to have the stadium available for the start of the season without asking for 3 or 4 away games at the start - but if the 3 or 4 away games to start the season are possible, more of the 'external landscaping works can be completed in those 'bonus weeks'.

Good news !

Last edited:
The latest 'close to being official' statement on the stadium being open for the start of the season.
THST News: April 2018

• The stadium build and south plaza will be ready in time for opening in August, but that some external landscaping works may be installed on an interim basis for safety reasons
Yeah that fits. The bowl and seating will be done I’m sure. ‘Ready’ in construction terms doesn’t mean finished. It’ll be interesting to see, that line above seems like the normal way to creep in news. I’d expect the ‘external landscaping’ part to increase.

Either way, it’ll be ace once it’s done. The skywalk in particular looked (like it will be) spectacular when I was there

Yeah that fits. The bowl and seating will be done I’m sure. ‘Ready’ in construction terms doesn’t mean finished. It’ll be interesting to see, that line above seems like the normal way to creep in news. I’d expect the ‘external landscaping’ part to increase.

Either way, it’ll be ace once it’s done. The skywalk in particular looked (like it will be) spectacular when I was there

The only I'm a little nervous on atm is the roof - so far they are probably averaging about 4 or so a day and almost the full 800 to go, so they need to bank on good weather and really increase installation rates to closer to 15 - 20 a day and probably closer to the 20 number if the roof needs to be complete before the test events.

The only I'm a little nervous on atm is the roof - so far they are probably averaging about 4 or so a day and almost the full 800 to go, so they need to bank on good weather and really increase installation rates to closer to 15 - 20 a day and probably closer to the 20 number if the roof needs to be complete before the test events.

the roof worries me too, it seems to be going a lot slower than it needs to.

Every single installation in this stadium build has followed the pattern of one or two pieces, check, refit, confirm... couple of days pass... all good, right now get the rest in.

I’m sure the roof will be the same - we’re not seeing how slow it is to install, we’re seeing them being cautious early on like everything they’ve done to date.

Every single installation in this stadium build has followed the pattern of one or two pieces, check, refit, confirm... couple of days pass... all good, right now get the rest in.

I’m sure the roof will be the same - we’re not seeing how slow it is to install, we’re seeing them being cautious early on like everything they’ve done to date.

In addition to Nick's points I wonder if putting the 800+ cassette's onto the roof is highly weather dependent, possibly requiring low wind speeds as otherwise there is a danger the cassettes become out of control, and also possibly rain free days......both of which have been in short supply for a few weeks. If so we should see a rapid increase n installation over the next week if the BBC weather forecast is about right

Proof of concept, innit. :freund:

In addition to Nick's points I wonder if putting the 800+ cassette's onto the roof is highly weather dependent, possibly requiring low wind speeds as otherwise there is a danger the cassettes become out of control, and also possibly rain free days......both of which have been in short supply for a few weeks. If so we should see a rapid increase n installation over the next week if the BBC weather forecast is about right

I think this is more the reason to be honest. Yes, there is early caution in every step of the build but I think we are beyond that with this phase already and it hasn't really increased much. The weather though is probably a big factor from a health and safety point of view as you point out. Hoping for extended good weather over the coming months.

Club announces to community stakeholders that the stadium will be complete for the new season, minus possibly some gardening bits.

Queue the building experts. “Mate, I built my Nan a shed. No fucking way they’re going to be ready. We’re going back to Wembley.”

I wonder if people will believe the club will have the stadium ready when they’re sitting in it watching a match?

Club announces to community stakeholders that the stadium will be complete for the new season, minus possibly some gardening bits.

Queue the building experts. “Mate, I built my Nan a shed. No fucking way they’re going to be ready. We’re going back to Wembley.”

I wonder if people will believe the club will have the stadium ready when they’re sitting in it watching a match?

#notonebrick :levyeyes:

Stadium deniers almost as crack pot as flat earthers.

Last edited:
"Right everyone. Stairs are at capacity. Jumping up and down hasn't caused the place to collapse. Accessways are clear. Fire alarms work.

All tickedy boo!

Now, everyone go for a dump."

I’d pay money to be the first person to have a shit in the new stadium. Imagine that on your CV.

Probably find some pikey of a spammer already curled one out into the concrete for the dugouts, y'know, for bantz
There will be hundreds of photos posted online when we open next year, everyone will think it hilarious. About as funny as the Kane claimed goal. Yet fail to think it wasn't done to their stadium. A mate of mine won the air con and plumbing contract at the Emirates, he planted well over 100 spurs scarfs in their gaff, fat lot of good fortune that brought us.

I think this is more the reason to be honest. Yes, there is early caution in every step of the build but I think we are beyond that with this phase already and it hasn't really increased much. The weather though is probably a big factor from a health and safety point of view as you point out. Hoping for extended good weather over the coming months.

Plus longer daylight hours helps a lot over the summer.
And everything just dries a lot quicker which will have a knock on effect for some of the build.

Speaking to people generally sites have been quite slow the start of the year but we are pretty flat out now at work as the weather changes for the better.

There will be hundreds of photos posted online when we open next year, everyone will think it hilarious. About as funny as the Kane claimed goal. Yet fail to think it wasn't done to their stadium. A mate of mine won the air con and plumbing contract at the Emirates, he planted well over 100 spurs scarfs in their gaff, fat lot of good fortune that brought us.
I dunno

Back
Top Bottom