New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quick thinking point: last night probably highlights why ~60,000 will suit us far more than Wembley's size in general.

53,000 last night looked quite empty/quiet, but would look far better in the new stadium (I'm also sure that there would have been more takers on a Monday night in Tottenham than the ballache of going to Wembley). We've also been promised amazing acoustics - though time will tell on that one.

When you think about it, the Emirates must be really fucking empty to make their 61,000 seater look so bare in a similar match. Definitely not drawing 53,000 spectators there.

Quick thinking point: last night probably highlights why ~60,000 will suit us far more than Wembley's size in general.

53,000 last night looked quite empty/quiet, but would look far better in the new stadium (I'm also sure that there would have been more takers on a Monday night in Tottenham than the ballache of going to Wembley). We've also been promised amazing acoustics - though time will tell on that one.

When you think about it, the Emirates must be really fucking empty to make their 61,000 seater look so bare in a similar match. Definitely not drawing 53,000 spectators there.
We have averaged 68,138 in the PL & 69,454 in the CL this season. I think our only challenges in the new gaff would be if we drop out of CL (we couldn't fill old WHL) and same for early rounds of Kangaroo Cup. Jus hope everyone one who is going to bin these games off makes sure they get another Spurs fan in their seat. Would love the club to set up a way to gift a seat to a young lad/lass or to a Vet or someone who maybe struggling, whatever so long as they were Spurs and wanted to be there.

I'm so keen to get on with the move back I paid my season ticket balance by return today

We have averaged 68,138 in the PL & 69,454 in the CL this season. I think our only challenges in the new gaff would be if we drop out of CL (we couldn't fill old WHL) and same for early rounds of Kangaroo Cup. Jus hope everyone one who is going to bin these games off makes sure they get another Spurs fan in their seat. Would love the club to set up a way to gift a seat to a young lad/lass or to a Vet or someone who maybe struggling, whatever so long as they were Spurs and wanted to be there.

With cup games not on the ST anymore I’m hoping that early rounds of the league cup is my chance to get in the south stand.
Think there will be plenty who don’t go to all the games so their seat will be free to buy.

And the other thing is that games like last night won’t happen as I expect all league games will go to the exchange, so should be relatively easy to sell seats on the first couple of seasons while demand is high to go to the new stadium.

But be plenty of people moaning they have to sell their tickets on the exchange for less than they bought them for. That’s 100% Guaranteed!

Whats the uptake been like in the "1882" area then?

:pocheyes:

Is it wishful thinking that they won't sell them out and have to rethink things?

Whats the uptake been like in the "1882" area then?

:pocheyes:

Is it wishful thinking that they won't sell them out and have to rethink things?
I saw something (no source) suggesting about 80% sold a week ago or so.

If they don't sell them all I'm sure those seats will just become general area like everywhere else, on sale to members game by game.

What they won't do is scrap the whole idea and make them "normal" seats.

With cup games not on the ST anymore I’m hoping that early rounds of the league cup is my chance to get in the south stand.
Think there will be plenty who don’t go to all the games so their seat will be free to buy.

And the other thing is that games like last night won’t happen as I expect all league games will go to the exchange, so should be relatively easy to sell seats on the first couple of seasons while demand is high to go to the new stadium.

But be plenty of people moaning they have to sell their tickets on the exchange for less than they bought them for. That’s 100% Guaranteed!
Bugger forgot about cups not included.

So, with a 96% renewal uptake, will Levy be losing sleep thinking he could have asked a £100 more across the seat range ?

:levystare:

I was thinking that earlier. Although it’s more likely they’ll all be wanting to shout “all that fuss over the ticket pricing, load of bollocks. We nailed it! <fist bump> “

So, with a 96% renewal uptake, will Levy be losing sleep thinking he could have asked a £100 more across the seat range ?

:levystare:

I think he 'could' have asked for £500 more per ticket and still sold out - they will have done pretty extensive market research on the fans, that's why they seemed so nonchalant in the discussions with the trust.

Back
Top Bottom