New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ft5yAYQ.jpg

XlWOOjD.jpg

2oCbsUN.jpg

DF8zCAu.jpg

lEkde9C.jpg

oLwunYg.jpg

JMnLbG3.jpg

i9ZiLj6.jpg

RZWClj4.jpg

HveztDb.jpg
What a fantastic set of pictures, especially with the atmospheric sky. Seeing the whole bowl joining up now and the south stand linking in properly in simply stunning.

Looking at these images has given me the chance to laugh at West Ham and their joke of a ground.

We are going to be some of the luckiest bastards in the world walking into this place.

Swings and roundabouts eh........

I went here today (Spurs Shop).

It's fucking massive! It's taller than Wembley, well from road to roof, so the illusion given is taller. At Wembley a lot of the height "feeling" is lost because of the podium around the stadium which level with the top of the lower tier.
Vn5uIBR.jpg

They got told that one of the stands was too small when they were 80% done with the build. And this was legit their sollution
you like to think FiFA might have pointed this out in their bid document.

Too busy counting their money I suppose
and writing the "well, the Russians paid us this much to get 2018. Do you want them to have bragging rights?" letters to the Qataris to actually look at the bids

Just think we'd fill it and that 65,000 would put us in top dog bracket well and truly. Either way I'm sure the club have done their research and the capacity will be spot on (I'm just a bit greedy when it comes to it basically Glasgow ;) )

I seem to remember someone saying that any stadium larger than we are building starts to lose the atmosphere with the modern requirements for health and safety, etc.

Are you the young kid between the copper and Don McAllister? Man, I wish I had a pic of myself at a Spurs game from that era. That would be unreal. It would be framed and on a wall.
I’m throwing mine in. I’m in the book football grounds of Great Britain by Simon Inglis.
I only found out when I got it as a present from a relative.
Standing in the Paxton, when you could walk around to the other end, sometimes used to stand in shelf Paxton and park lane in one game
The Paxton was actually better than the park lane I seem to remember.
When i was about 16 I started to lean towards the shelf.

I don't know why anyone thinks it is not on schedule. It's true that there will still be stuff to do once the stadium is open, but nobody has given any indication the work has gone behind. The building company would encompass a huge fine if it isn't ready in time, so they will no doubt throw everything at it to ensure the project is completed. They are working around the clock, and have hundreds of men out there. I think you will find that stadium will LOOK pretty much finished well in advance, even though behind the scenes it won't be.
I don’t think that’s correct. Mace refused to give an exact date for completion in the contract. They will not incur a fine if it’s not ready.

Back
Top Bottom