New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

there must be a building progess bar chart somewhere on site ? (can't remember the real name of these charts)
that would show if we are on time/target for next season or not
I know a chap, ST holder, who has a contract to do part of the new ground interior, he reckons the main build is perfectly on schedule but that the logistics of coordinating the interior fixtures and fittings, which obviosly have to be done in a specific order, are still chaotic. Hopes it will be sorted as things progress outside

Gantt chart.

There are without a doubt some, but it would likely show us being behind. Most projects are eternally behind schedule, until they're completed. Where there's a will, there's a way. With nearly a year left to go and with the project in the state it's in, I imagine it will all be well and good. Weather dependent work is complete ahead of winter, and from an outside view there don't seem to have been major delays to have knocked it off schedule. There will no doubt be major incentives in the contracts to complete the project on time and massive penalties for late delivery - Spurs will be home next September, I'm sure of it.

Liquidated Damages will have been included on a project of this scale without a doubt. Not only penalties for being late, but also unlimited consequential losses.The contract would have been awarded on acceptance of them.

They have the potential to bankrupt the main contractor if they fail to complete on time.

I think it will be done.
The only way it won't be is if there is problems with the roof, pitch or a H&S issue.
They have made amazing progress in the last year and what is different is the doing many different projects simultaneously. It's staggering really.
With Wanda they didn't have to play away from home and started in 2013 with the piling and foundations didn't they?
This build has been amazing considering the restraints.

We won't have the final finish on them podium walkways and surrounding areas though.
Neither the hotels etc or the facilities outside the south stand. Maybe not even Paxton House.
But the stadium will be open and all that can be finished post season at a later date.

This was the 12th August 2016
Just over a year ago. We have just under a year left, plus maybe some away games on the trot start of next year. Should be done.
Ps most stadiums are not fully finished when opened. There is usually some aesthetic work, touching up done afterwards.
Look at Emirates frontage and entrance and The OS when they opened

Last edited:
The south stand steel structure is now joined up to the east stand. Having said that, there are 20 meter gaps in each corner. Maybe for the needs of access.

Last edited:
Sorry if posted already

iMBzAxu.jpg

z2Barz1.jpg

gKni9JA.png

I'm hoping the sliding pitch won't have potential to delay the proceedings. It would have to be ready to play on even if there are problems with the retraction system.

I know a chap, ST holder, who has a contract to do part of the new ground interior, he reckons the main build is perfectly on schedule but that the logistics of coordinating the interior fixtures and fittings, which obviosly have to be done in a specific order, are still chaotic. Hopes it will be sorted as things progress outside

Not sure how he would know this, as a Project Manager I would never tell a 3rd party how well/bad a Project is going.

Every part of the stadium will be planned, it's bullshit to say that any part of this is chaotic.

Doubt your mate would release such privileged info unless he's taking bollox

Not sure how he would know this, as a Project Manager I would never tell a 3rd party how well/bad a Project is going.

Every part of the stadium will be planned, it's bullshit to say that any part of this is chaotic.

In my experience the fit out stage is where the end date looms large, but there is relatively little noise compared to the structure, so extended working can take place without upsetting the neighbours.
It usually manages to sort itself out, as long as as deliveries and specs are met. I volunteer to oversee the snagging and monitor the performance of the pitch facing sections, throughout the season.

In my experience the fit out stage is where the end date looms large, but there is relatively little noise compared to the structure, so extended working can take place without upsetting the neighbours.
It usually manages to sort itself out, as long as as deliveries and specs are met. I volunteer to oversee the snagging and monitor the performance of the pitch facing sections, throughout the season.
I recall from the drawings that went around when planning permission was finally granted, that most of the internal fit in the North Stand is going to be done "at a future date".

Back
Top Bottom