New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chick King is going :pochfacepalm:

what the fucking fuck.

giphy.gif

Anyone know how much of the concrete is precast vs cast in place? I did concrete work for 10 years and would shudder to think of having to do all of that cast in place.

From official Spurs twitter, there are a few, but look at this one from the single tier south stand...
DLTT-ViWsAA3mFz.jpg

amazing how tight it is to the pitch, that's the best thing about our stadium, it's so much better than the other new stadiums in that regard. I seem to recall we used all the delay time we experienced with the Archway crap to further refine details to get the stands closer so worked out very well for us in the end.

by the way, why do we have steel bits going in with no paint to protect them from rust? I know these are big bits which will last ages still but surely as it's new it should have some kind of protection, no?

I wish there was 100 rather than 1-8 for safe standing in the single tier though.

As long as I can still pre order food for half time and the social media stadium app alerts me to when my friends have arrived

Last edited:
amazing how tight it is to the pitch, that's the best thing about our stadium, it's so much better than the other new stadiums in that regard. I seem to recall we used all the delay time we experienced with the Archway crap to further refine details to get the stands closer so worked out very well for us in the end.

by the way, why do we have steel bits going in with no paint to protect them from rust? I know these are big bits which will last ages still but surely as it's new it should have some kind of protection, no?

The rust is only surface deep and will cease when the building is watertight.
It will also require fire protection, probably an Intumescent Coating or similar which will seal the exposed steel.

Really!? You must have given some bizarre answer to a previous question, I did it earlier and it was all really ordinary stuff. A lot focused on how I received info and paid for stuff.
Yeah I got that as well. Rank what’s more important and would encourage you to spend more time (money) at the stadium before and after the match. Betting; meeting Chirpy and Lily; yes magicians; live music; visit museum; largest sports shop in Europe; kids zone; smoking area! ; interactive booths to practice skilz; etc. Restaurant and bars. That was my first choice!

Yeah I got that as well. Rank what’s more important and would encourage you to spend more time (money) at the stadium before and after the match. Betting; meeting Chirpy and Lily; yes magicians; live music; visit museum; largest sports shop in Europe; kids zone; smoking area! ; interactive booths to practice skilz; etc. Restaurant and bars. That was my first choice!
I’ve Got the feeling I might have skipped a few pages lol.

Back
Top Bottom