New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

amazing how tight it is to the pitch, that's the best thing about our stadium, it's so much better than the other new stadiums in that regard. I seem to recall we used all the delay time we experienced with the Archway crap to further refine details to get the stands closer so worked out very well for us in the end.

by the way, why do we have steel bits going in with no paint to protect them from rust? I know these are big bits which will last ages still but surely as it's new it should have some kind of protection, no?
I've wondered about that rust as well. Ours must be the tightest stadium in the universe.
Wembley has big gaps. Wanda has smaller gaps but still relatively big in relation to NWHL.
It's gonna be nice and cosy in there.

Anyone know how much of the concrete is precast vs cast in place? I did concrete work for 10 years and would shudder to think of having to do all of that cast in place.
With regard to the terracing? I've seen some terrace sections on a flat bed trailer parked up on Worcester Ave.

Anyone know how much of the concrete is precast vs cast in place? I did concrete work for 10 years and would shudder to think of having to do all of that cast in place.
Without going back and looking through time lapse photos I'd hazard a pretty confident bet that nothing was cast-in-place outside of foundations, slabs, and perhaps some shear walls. It's pretty rare these days to have columns or beams/girders cast in place anymore, particularly on such a large project in a restrictive site, and on an expedited schedule. Cast-in-place is simply much more expensive and time-consuming. Everything that could be precast and prefabricated off site will have.

Looks like a generic bowl; Emirates mk.2. Look at the frankly woeful rake of the lower tiers, and how bizarrely steep the upper tier is to compensate.

And the exterior has absolutely zero merit or charm.
Notice how low that roof is. The atmosphere must be pretty good in there.
And no big TV screens as far as I can tell which means more seats.

Notice how low that roof is. The atmosphere must be pretty good in there.
And no big TV screens as far as I can tell which means more seats.
It could pass for the Emirates.

2MHfF0B.png

2vqRLxt.png

I'm starting to worry that the NFL deal, with its retractable field and massive cost, is going to backfire hard and seriously hurt the club, with the way the NFL is struggling in the US. MNF has declined in ratings by double digits. How much are Levy and Lewis putting into the NFL additions to the stadium? How much are they going to lose as NFL viewership begins what appears to be an inexorable decline?

Looks like a generic bowl; Emirates mk.2. Look at the frankly woeful rake of the lower tiers, and how bizarrely steep the upper tier is to compensate.

And the exterior has absolutely zero merit or charm.
It's named after a Chinese company which controls 30% of the club. What were you expecting? Originality? A deep appreciation for European sports culture?

I'm starting to worry that the NFL deal, with its retractable field and massive cost, is going to backfire hard and seriously hurt the club, with the way the NFL is struggling in the US. MNF has declined in ratings by double digits. How much are Levy and Lewis putting into the NFL additions to the stadium? How much are they going to lose as NFL viewership begins what appears to be an inexorable decline?

It's named after a Chinese company which controls 30% of the club. What were you expecting? Originality? A deep appreciation for European sports culture?
Interesting. I don't really know anything about the NFL aspect.

Which team will actually play at WHL? Will they play all their games there?
How will the declining revenues affect Spurs? Do you think the NFL will pull out of the partnership, or whatever the hell is going on?

Interesting. I don't really know anything about the NFL aspect.

Which team will actually play at WHL? Will they play all their games there?
Usually, a variety of NFL teams play in London. But the sole long-term permanent constant is Jacksonville, which are owned by a British/Indian man who also owns Fulham. He's very enthusiastic about the idea of the Jaguars moving to London. Not a chance in hell they play all their games there. As things stand, the plan seems to be that "New White Hart Lane" will become the preferred destination for NFL Overseas Games, but there is no immediate plan for a team to move there or be founded there.

How will the declining revenues affect Spurs? Do you think the NFL will pull out of the partnership, or whatever the hell is going on?
It's hard to say but there is serious cause for concern. The NFL has started to experience serious declines in revenue thanks to a variety of factors (political protests, declining game quality, severe brain damage, too many commercials, and so on). But even right now it still makes twice as much money as the Premier League. My only concern is that the NFL's revenue will decline quickly, and that Levy's investment in a NFL-convertible stadium, which was brilliant that the time of its inception, won't be able to be a successful long-term monetary option in the long run.

Usually, a variety of NFL teams play in London. But the sole long-term permanent constant is Jacksonville, which are owned by a British/Indian man who also owns Fulham. He's very enthusiastic about the idea of the Jaguars moving to London. Not a chance in hell they play all their games there. As things stand, the plan seems to be that "New White Hart Lane" will become the preferred destination for NFL Overseas Games, but there is no immediate plan for a team to move there or be founded there.

It's hard to say but there is serious cause for concern. The NFL has started to experience serious declines in revenue thanks to a variety of factors (political protests, declining game quality, severe brain damage, too many commercials, and so on). But even right now it still makes twice as much money as the Premier League. My only concern is that the NFL's revenue will decline quickly, and that Levy's investment in a NFL-convertible stadium, which was brilliant that the time of its inception, won't be able to be a successful long-term monetary option in the long run.

.....But Shad Khan is quite literally an American citizen....of Pakistani birth....who has numerous times stated he has no intention of leaving Jacksonville....he's none of the things you say.

giphy.gif

Furthermore, the NFL hasn't lost a dime in revenue. The television contracts are done and dusted regardless of ratings. And the contract for the NWHL stadium isn't dependent on US television ratings. The NFL is on the hook for hard cash contributions to cover added stadium expense, and a rental fee for each game played. They've already made the first £10M payment.

Do people really think Lewis and Levy managed to get where they are in life by being daft as fuck?

:levywtf:

Last edited:
Also I always suspected that NFL will pay next to nothing for the stadium (they don't pay for stadiums) but we will be able to sell our Naming rights higher due to the US exposure for the NFL. I would imagine the extra cost would be covered by this and then everything else is additional (concerts etc,)

Back
Top Bottom