New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve also seen the return of the depressing 90s anthem “stand up if you hate Woolwich” to get people on their feet - which is such an embarrassing small club “Spam-style” song. It had pretty much been phased out at WHL because we had plenty to be proud of and sing about ourselves.
And because the people making the noises were all stood up anyway without an army of yellow jackets telling them to sit down every three minutes...

The main dissappointment atmosphere wise IMO seems to be how little there is coming from the standing section. I know there's a lot who wanted to be in there but were beaten to it by longer-term ST holders, but I I'd have thought those who did buy there would have wanted to make a bit more noise. Not sure what there is to be done about it though

yeah the bit behind the goals always looks dead.

most of the noise seems to come from the back corners of south.

unfortunately because of that everyone is really far apart and it’s hard to get chants going

And because the people making the noises were all stood up anyway without an army of yellow jackets telling them to sit down every three minutes...
Just wish it could be “Stand up if you love Tottenham / the Spurs / the Yids” etc etc. Why even bother thinking about the Arse when we’re playing.

Just wish it could be “Stand up if you love Tottenham / the Spurs / the Yids” etc etc. Why even bother thinking about the Arse when we’re playing.
My Liverpool supporting mate came to a game with me a while back. I think he summed up most Tottenham fans pretty well: "They just hate Tottenham the least".

I tend to agree with this, but it is quite for much of most of our games. Yes, the same as at other grounds around the country, so wouldn't necessarily say it's "us", so feel like it's quite normal. But when a song dose get sung it is louder than any stadium I can think of.

Fo me the biggest issue is only two songs get sung, I know others are attempted but apart from" COYS" and "Oh when the Spurs" the others just fail to take hold. Possibly Dele's song, it's rare that Harry's song get's belted out!! Son, who is adored by the fans has one of the most iconic songs never gets sung!!!

Do people not know the words to the others? I just find this whole thing rarely odd. Almost every game I'm surrounded by people singing the two songs at the top of their voices, but absolutely nothing apart from them.
I still get goosebumps when we start singing Glory Glory Hallelujah.
This is the one song that should be sung regularly throughout a game.

Amen, that song is proper cringe. :llorishuh:

Agree 100%. If I decide to stand up I always start singing “.....love tottenham” instead. Occasionally catches on with a few people around me.

What a stupid night to show this, the same night as Spurs are playing in the CL. 🤦‍♂️
Well it's episode 6 of a series where every episode is at that time. It's also on at 2am Wednesday, 10pm Thursday, 11am Saturday, 9pm Saturday, 12am Sunday, 3am Sunday.

If for some reason you don't have the means to record or watch on demand (in 2020? :mourweird:) then there's plenty of opportunities to catch it

We’ve also seen the return of the depressing 90s anthem “stand up if you hate Woolwich” to get people on their feet - which is such an embarrassing small club “Spam-style” song. It had pretty much been phased out at WHL because we had plenty to be proud of and sing about ourselves.
That song use to piss me off no end.Almost as much as the looks i got when i remained seated.
The only song i hate more than that one is "a team of Robbie Keanes".

That song use to piss me off no end.Almost as much as the looks i got when i remained seated.
The only song i hate more than that one is "a team of Robbie Keanes".
I’ve been going in the South Stand for cup games this season, and surrounded by tourists and plastics who don’t sing, but they all got superficially involved in the stand up song.

I don’t want us to be defined as the team that hate Woolwich. We’re Tottenham. We should be about Tottenham.

Incidentally, for me, I pretty much hate everyone in the PL and beyond. Fuck’em All! is a much better and more suitable anthem.

Part of the reason for the lack of atmosphere is the football imo - usually you feel like cheering the team on might inspire them to play well, but at the moment we just sort of stumble through games and then knick a win late on.

It's happening at away games as well - it was impossible to enjoy yesterday until the game was already over.

Part of the reason for the lack of atmosphere is the football imo - usually you feel like cheering the team on might inspire them to play well, but at the moment we just sort of stumble through games and then knick a win late on.

It's happening at away games as well - it was impossible to enjoy yesterday until the game was already over.

Would of thought it would of been noisy with such an open end to end game.

Rare to see home support jeering the away fans when our lot woke from their collective coma's for another rendition of the worst song in World football (Being a yid).

Well it's episode 6 of a series where every episode is at that time. It's also on at 2am Wednesday, 10pm Thursday, 11am Saturday, 9pm Saturday, 12am Sunday, 3am Sunday.

If for some reason you don't have the means to record or watch on demand (in 2020? :mourweird:) then there's plenty of opportunities to catch it
Odd thing to disagree with, SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs . Which bit are you disputing?

That all previous 5 episodes, and forthcoming ones, will be shown at the same time, as that's just when that series is shown?

That it's also being shown 6 other times (not including +1 channels) this week?

Or that it's unusual not to have access to catch up or the means to record in the year of our lord 2020?

:dembelelol:

Our new stadium is hosting Capital’s summer time ball, and expected to be named the venue for AJ’s next fight. It is also hosting NFL games annually.

Today it’s been announced the club are set to bid to host either WWE WrestleMania or SummerSlam.

Daniel Levy, he might annoy us time to time, but as a businessman he is a fucking genius.

Our new stadium is hosting Capital’s summer time ball, and expected to be named the venue for AJ’s next fight. It is also hosting NFL games annually.

Today it’s been announced the club are set to bid to host either WWE WrestleMania or SummerSlam.

Daniel Levy, he might annoy us time to time, but as a businessman he is a fucking genius.

WrestleMania or SummerSlam? Can't find anything online about it where have you seen this pal?

Back
Top Bottom