New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The main dissappointment atmosphere wise IMO seems to be how little there is coming from the standing section. I know there's a lot who wanted to be in there but were beaten to it by longer-term ST holders, but I I'd have thought those who did buy there would have wanted to make a bit more noise. Not sure what there is to be done about it though

The main dissappointment atmosphere wise IMO seems to be how little there is coming from the standing section. I know there's a lot who wanted to be in there but were beaten to it by longer-term ST holders, but I I'd have thought those who did buy there would have wanted to make a bit more noise. Not sure what there is to be done about it though

Too many voyeurs. People who want to experience the atmosphere/be where the action is but unwilling to contribute to it.

The fans in what used to be the Shelf/Park Lane corner try and keep the atmosphere going throughout the game at every game but a tough job if no-one else joins in.

I also think the drum helps unify the singing, the south stand is so large there are often three songs going at once.

The other issue being that a lot of the newer fans/tourists/day trippers only know or are willing to join in with two songs.

I still believe it is the best atmosphere in the prem.. When you watch games on a Sunday on sky, and then our games, I’m always thinking it’s louder than any of the other grounds.
That’s not from being at the games but I usually tape our games and watch them later.
That’s not being biased I genuinely do believe that.

I still believe it is the best atmosphere in the prem.. When you watch games on a Sunday on sky, and then our games, I’m always thinking it’s louder than any of the other grounds.
That’s not from being at the games but I usually tape our games and watch them later.
That’s not being biased I genuinely do believe that.

Tend to agree. Our home support may be shit but everyone else's is shiterer.

Tickets are far too expensive for the locals 17-25 yo supporters. The club should allocate up to 5000 tickets at the North stand at £20 each. All PL clubs should do the same, get them of the street, get them of the gang culture and reduce knife crime.

I still enjoy going to NWHL. But the worst bit for me is the actual stadium experience. I love the pubs, the atmosphere outside the ground, the breweries and eateries. Just being in Tottenham on match day.

But the stadium is like a gigantic luxurious car ferry. Impressive, yes - and it had its moments last year. But completely lacking the character and intensity of WHL - and the sight lines are worse. And it’s full of annoying twats with half and half scarves, nice away fans, bloggers and other halves pissing about on Facebook.

I’m in the North Stand and I was quite hopeful last season that it could be fun with a decent bunch around me - apart from some old cunt behind me. We’re above the away fans so could easily be some good aggro. But it’s dead. It’s become tourist central now. Everyone seems to be selling on their tickets. The effects of over pricing.

I am well into middle age and an oldish git who will always miss WHL. But it’s not a welcoming place for fans who want a bit of noise, passion, intensity and the edge that gave us all the experience we fell in love with.

Away games are what I really get excited about now. But we should work with the club and trust to try and really make it fun again. TFC 1882 RIP but could do with a complete resurrection.
Are you in the middle tier?

Too many voyeurs. People who want to experience the atmosphere/be where the action is but unwilling to contribute to it.

The fans in what used to be the Shelf/Park Lane corner try and keep the atmosphere going throughout the game at every game but a tough job if no-one else joins in.

I also think the drum helps unify the singing, the south stand is so large there are often three songs going at once.

The other issue being that a lot of the newer fans/tourists/day trippers only know or are willing to join in with two songs.

Agreed. I'm up in the corner of 322 and there's normally some up there, but it's noticeably disjointed and far from everyone joining in with rare exceptions. I'd love to see the drum come back - if I recall the problem was that it encouraged "Yid" chanting, which the club may not like but could probably at least choose to ignore now the legal position is clearer than it was?

Interested to see the drummer discussion. I've always liked having the drum, but it would have to be around people who are happy to have their ears pounded.

But I don't want it like the Germans. That's just a drone

Nobody around me make any noise. It’s shit. Too many people went in there because it was the cheaper stand rather than for the atmosphere. I think it’s clear that is what has happened and it has suffered accordingly. I don’t know how the club do it. Making it all standing won’t make a difference because we all stand now anyway. Something needs to be done though, we spent a fortune on the acoustics and the owners won’t want the stadium to be quiet, whatever you think about their intentions.

Its the same issue at every new big stadium. The chanting crowd are dispersed far and wide. If no one around you makes any noise. Its hard to join in without looking like a plonker.

A deadicated rail standing section behind the goal would work wonders

Nobody around me make any noise. It’s shit. Too many people went in there because it was the cheaper stand rather than for the atmosphere. I think it’s clear that is what has happened and it has suffered accordingly. I don’t know how the club do it. Making it all standing won’t make a difference because we all stand now anyway. Something needs to be done though, we spent a fortune on the acoustics and the owners won’t want the stadium to be quiet, whatever you think about their intentions.
The thing is that the North Stand has a pretty much identical pricing structure. If you want a less outrageous priced seat but don't want to be part of the atmosphere, that's meant to be the stand for you and it had by far the best availability. The problem is that there's a lot of people who do want to be in the noise but don't want to make it, and I think that's compounded by people who either want to be in the most iconic stand or to be near the marketplace. I think a singing section, probably in the south-east corner, and facilitating quite a lot of relocations to go along with that is the only thing that has a decent chance of working.

We need fresh songs/chants, trouble is it takes such a long time to get them going ( nice one Sonny for example took at least 6 months before it was sung on mass ) Solution might be to hire some geezers Chaz and Dave style to play new songs in the touchline bar before and after games.

We need fresh songs/chants, trouble is it takes such a long time to get them going ( nice one Sonny for example took at least 6 months before it was sung on mass ) Solution might be to hire some geezers Chaz and Dave style to play new songs in the touchline bar before and after games.
Someone said that people do not join in because they do not know the words. Well the regulars can educate others by making the words widely available on the Internet including Forums.

Back
Top Bottom