New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't need to it is the loudest without that. Anfield is probably the closest but none of the others are even close.
The atmosphere has been pretty decent at the matches I have been too. Liverpools famous atmosphere is a myth but is up at the moment given where they are. I can't think of any other teams in the premier league where there is a lot of noise. Leicester clap their free toys together, spam v woolwich was a night game and you could hear the players and coaches ......Everton fans only seem to pipe up when they have something to moan about and having gone to Goodison in the past they did used to create a lot of noise.

The South East corner was where the noise was coming from last night - and there was actually a bit of effort from the Paxton too. But the front and centre of the South stand was very quiet. It’s not just about age. Plenty of those singing are in the 40+ category. Plenty of the silent ones are also much younger than me. It will take time to truly settle into NWHL and I hope we can get people to move towards singing areas... sadly that doesn’t seem to be the safe standing zone.

100% this. Same at Wembley. Standing up with arms folded is not what creates atmosphere. Having fun has been replaced by wanting to be entertained is the other issue. But I guess that’s an Age thing too.

I've watched games in all four stands of the new stadium now and the worst for me was the only time I was in a 'standing' zone in Paxton lower, full of miserable moaners who don't sing and just criticise/groan.

Always aim for the South-East corner now, great view of the pitch and usually noisy/lively in there with people actually supporting the team. If I can't get a ticket in that area I'd rather be watching at home to be honest.

Thought the atmosphere was pretty good last night all things considered, started well, died off a bit and then stepped up a gear again after Lamela's introduction.

Also conscious that due to the size of the stadium your immediate surroundings will skew your perception of how good the atmosphere is in general, if you're in a noisy area, you really get the feeling the whole stadium is loud and rocking when it's likely pretty dead in other areas and vice versa.

Last edited:
The atmosphere has been pretty decent at the matches I have been too. Liverpools famous atmosphere is a myth but is up at the moment given where they are. I can't think of any other teams in the premier league where there is a lot of noise. Leicester clap their free toys together, spam v woolwich was a night game and you could hear the players and coaches ......Everton fans only seem to pipe up when they have something to moan about and having gone to Goodison in the past they did used to create a lot of noise.
IMO (and based solely off what I hear on the TV as I barely go to away games these days sadly) noisest Clubs (home) are currently:
Sheffield
Liverpool (but 100% agree about them before this and probably last season)
Villa
Wolves

Everyone else is arguably the same with variances dependant who they are playing.

Most teams have good away following with the exception of: City, Woolwich, Leicester who I think are all crap. Utd IMO has probably the best away support bassed over a number of years and now including some shit period. Our away support has always been really decent, I can count on one hand the number of times it's been shit.

If you were to get technical and accumulated the decibels generated across the season I still think we would be towards the top, by virtue of the fact that no teams play as many local derbies as us.

Still, the biggest influence on any noise though is largely dictated by the style of football played. If your team is sat in a low block there isn't an awful lot to connect with.

IMO (and based solely off what I hear on the TV as I barely go to away games these days sadly) noisest Clubs (home) are currently:
Sheffield
Liverpool (but 100% agree about them before this and probably last season)
Villa
Wolves

Everyone else is arguably the same with variances dependant who they are playing.

Most teams have good away following with the exception of: City, Woolwich, Leicester who I think are all crap. Utd IMO has probably the best away support bassed over a number of years and now including some shit period. Our away support has always been really decent, I can count on one hand the number of times it's been shit.

If you were to get technical and accumulated the decibels generated across the season I still think we would be towards the top, by virtue of the fact that no teams play as many local derbies as us.

Still, the biggest influence on any noise though is largely dictated by the style of football played. If your team is sat in a low block there isn't an awful lot to connect with.

Liverpool had the quietest away support i have seen at the Lane this season. Woeful.

The South East corner was where the noise was coming from last night - and there was actually a bit of effort from the Paxton too. But the front and centre of the South stand was very quiet. It’s not just about age. Plenty of those singing are in the 40+ category. Plenty of the silent ones are also much younger than me. It will take time to truly settle into NWHL and I hope we can get people to move towards singing areas... sadly that doesn’t seem to be the safe standing zone.

Me & my brother in Law always sing throughout the game & we are 55-60! The standing section in the south lower has been very disappointing. SE corner by far the best.

Can't have been that bad .... comments in the Thai press

Nagelsmann ผู้จัดการทีม Leipzig กล่าวไว้
“It is a great stadium. I knew the fans would be loud, but I didn’t realise they would be that loud,”

I thought it was pretty good in 322 last night. Admittedly, I’m on the side closest to the east stand but all around me (row 32) were singing well.
Agree about most of it starting up behind me though. Fair play to that lot, kept Starting it up again when there were lulls. Also helps with some of them and others that are more toward the east stand, bashing away on the what I assume is the back of the stand.

just watched that Richard Hammond programme about the NWHL, got me wondering when the pitch is rolled out into the parking area ( I expect that parking is for the players & big wigs) and they are having the other sports or pop concerts or boxing where do they park their cars & coaches ?
if you are paying top dollar for a box you must expect a parking spot ( you don't want to park a mile away or come on the train)

just watched that Richard Hammond programme about the NWHL, got me wondering when the pitch is rolled out into the parking area ( I expect that parking is for the players & big wigs) and they are having the other sports or pop concerts or boxing where do they park their cars & coaches ?
if you are paying top dollar for a box you must expect a parking spot ( you don't want to park a mile away or come on the train)
Parking is a different level for the 'posh' crowd and players it's Level BI below the level of the pitch, the car parking shared with the artificial pitch is on Level 00

These drawings are a bit out of date you enter the car park from Park Lane or Worcester Rd not from the High Road as these images show.

new_tottenham_stadium23.jpg

new_tottenham_stadium24.jpg

You know what grinds my gears...

When people want to stand but add nothing to the atmosphere. People who just stand to make a point and have no consideration for anyone else. People who stand and then try to be the big man in front of the stewards

If I had the choice, I'd stand all game. I am not one to start songs, I have to admit, but I would sing all game if we all were. But, just because you stand, it doesn't mean your adding to the atmosphere.

I sit with my sister in South upper (row 71). On Wednesday no one was standing. But two blokes insisted on standing. They were not singing or doing anything. Just standing. My sister very kindly asked them to sit. He then was rather rude to her. You know what it's like when someone disrespects your family. You don't take to kindly to it. So I gave him my opinion on what he was offering to the atmosphere and made sure I sang and clapped every song in his ear for the next 5 minutes. His mate left his sit and never returned. This guy sat for the whole game and not once got involved with 'the atmosphere'

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to stand then great. But be considerate to the people around you. And if you do stand, make it count.

Rant over

Back
Top Bottom