New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All the blame for lack of atmosphere gets pinned on plastics and tourists but it’s simply not true.

I’ve bought different seats in the south for CL games and the silence is all 40+ blokes who look like they’ve been going years.

It’s not isolated pockets either, it’s the whole of the lower south where you would need loyalty points to get one of the first phases.

All the chants start from the back of the south now. Quite frankly they should piss off and retire to the East stand if they just want to spectate

All the blame for lack of atmosphere gets pinned on plastics and tourists but it’s simply not true.

I’ve bought different seats in the south for CL games and the silence is all 40+ blokes who look like they’ve been going years.

It’s not isolated pockets either, it’s the whole of the lower south where you would need loyalty points to get one of the first phases.

All the chants start from the back of the south now. Quite frankly they should piss off and retire to the East stand if they just want to spectate
Don't say it too loud as you will be accused of being ageist, truth is its groups of 17yr-30 ish who make the noise.

*obviously exceptions to the rule but generally its true.

100% with you, was in block 322 last night and most of the noise was coming from guys behind me, seems to be a decent section in that South East upper corner and never seen any stewards ask them to sit. Atmosphere seems dependent on what happens on the pitch, was good at stages in last 20 when we had a bit of fight on the pitch which Lamela imo led. Very few plastics/tourists around me but again plenty not bothering to sing.

Atmosphere is a strange one , i was in the south east lower 251 was ok in there and behind us higher up seemed to start the noise but the lack of songs is a problem, i love ( Being A Yid ) but its slow and downbeat simple songs like Tottenham Tottenham Tottenham would liven things up and i think most of us know the words ;)

100% this. Same at Wembley. Standing up with arms folded is not what creates atmosphere. Having fun has been replaced by wanting to be entertained is the other issue. But I guess that’s an Age thing too.

Need a good mixture of teens, twenties and older people still up for a sing song. Think a lot in south stand relocated from Paxton. To avoid away fans. It always looks more like the Paxton, east lower crowd. More than the old Park Lane which was a bit more boisterous.

Problem lies with how the club priced things; concession wise. My Dad is 'Senior' now - in the corners of the South his ticket is £490 or something. To go East (or West) would mean no concession available, plus a much more expensive ticket. So basically £500 or £1500 ? I see hundreds around who are older, can't be surprised that the atmosphere isn't that good sadly.

There is a Season Ticket holder in front of me - looks like a bonafide geezer, in his 50s I'd say, honestly spends 80 minutes of every match scrolling inane shit on Instragram. It's fucking tragic.

I still believe it is the best atmosphere in the prem.. When you watch games on a Sunday on sky, and then our games, I’m always thinking it’s louder than any of the other grounds.
That’s not from being at the games but I usually tape our games and watch them later.
That’s not being biased I genuinely do believe that.

I turn the tv up when we’re on too :sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom