New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know there are lot of people who have paid a lot of money who are pretty disappointed right now. And those still dragging their arses to Wembley or Stadium MK or wherever the fuck on the regulars - I salute you.

But where i am with this whole stadium shit (especially all the fucking bitching and arguing, and "my mate knows better than your mate", on here about it) -

tumblr_n2tb1dmkCn1qhdvf5o1_500.gif

We'll be in by January or March or next season. Whenever.

We've been waiting ten years up to this point. None of this bull shit will stop it from being fucking spectacular when it does open.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, why the fuck would you go to the extent on spying on a rival bid, if you weren't serious about getting the stadium?

The point you make about buying up land is an interesting one. But I would say that they probably had a good enough understanding of the London property market to know that even if Spurs did move out the area, they would never make a loss on those properties/that land. Gentrification eventually reaches anywhere within a certain radius, I think history has shown that. The gentrification of Tottenham is by no means just about our new ground. I reckon Levy was always keeping his options open.

We've flourished under Levy but he's still not to be trusted (and he'd have us in a European Super League given half the chance).
The European Super League is a fantasy. Nothing else.

Was at smellhurst with a guy that works on large project fire system installs last weekend. He knows people involved in the Tottenham build. According to him, the club line is 100% true ( he's a palarse fan, btw). The fire control systems failed testing and commissioning. The issue being, systems like this are not installed and tested piecemeal. They are fully installed and then tested and commissioned. So if it doesn't work, they have Kms of wiring to check, and they have to check the whole thing.

And again, I don't believe for one second the club lied to the PL. That's the way you get points deductions.

Aaah, the return of the the "I invented a friend line". Classy.

He's not a builder, he owns a company involved in the fit and is a ST holder of 20+ years standing. As for his role being "cosmetic stuff that doesn't matter", it's the security and reception areas, a bit higher priority than the fucking Skywalk© I'd say. It's going to take a month to fit by the way, and as for him not existing, some of the photos you have been cooing over on this thread are his.

As for why Levy's doing this god knows, I've long suspected, like others, that the problems stem from the failure to attract a naming rights deal, but that's supposition, nothing else.

By the way Bangkok, I didn't say Levy was jumping through hoops, I said you were in your attempts to stay apace of the official line which keeps changing

Not one person has said you invented a friend, show me where ? What everyone keeps saying is your friend won't have a clue other than possibly hearing rumours. Its got nothing to do with naming rights, the finance is in place or have you or your mate not been keeping up with the updates coming from the club? So what if the security and reception areas are not fully completed to a high spec. Are you telling me if they were required for the opening against Liverpool something couldn't be knocked together as a temp measure?

Your assumption about Levy doing anything to pull the wool over fans eyes are laughable, but you keep telling yourself there must be a reason, you know other than err the bloody wiring being faulty.

Haven't got a clue why you're calling me Bangkok, maybe you losing the argument has got you even more confused?

He's not a builder, he owns a company involved in the fit and is a ST holder of 20+ years standing. As for his role being "cosmetic stuff that doesn't matter", it's the security and reception areas, a bit higher priority than the fucking Skywalk© I'd say. It's going to take a month to fit by the way, and as for him not existing, some of the photos you have been cooing over on this thread are his.

The first official actual match wouldn't be until at least a month after the first test event, so providing the test event was successful and the safety systems all passed, they then have a month of dishing out overtime to complete critical portions of the build, such as the security and reception areas.

But as it didn't pass and we find out we have (hypothetically) 3 months, we shelve the security and reception for 2 months, work on other shit that we couldn't otherwise do if the stadium was open to the public (anything needing heavy plant, etc). Meanwhile the tech team sort the safety issues and when they think we're good, we test again. If all goes well, we stop the non-essential work, and move forward with the important stuff, such as the security and reception areas.

As for why Levy's doing this god knows,

You seem baffled as to why Levy is doing this because it makes no sense to do so. Then chances are, you're wrong, we're right and he isn't doing what you're saying.

I've long suspected, like others, that the problems stem from the failure to attract a naming rights deal, but that's supposition, nothing else.

I have no idea why you think securing naming rights would affect the opening of the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom