New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were never moving to the OC stadium ... our plan was always to bulldoze the pile of crap and build the stadium (or something similar) that we now see at WHL ... that was why our proposal was thrown out, no legacy ...

Whilst DL might have been serious at the start ... it's very hard to believe that with the 10's of millions already spent by offshore companies on land in Tottenham, which if we left would suddenly be worth feck all, that it wasn't all a ruse ... even if he started off serious that very quickly went into getting as much from Harringey as we could ... which was all going OK until this new loony lot took over, but they won't last ...

All's well that ends well ... we have a football stadium and the Spammers have a shithole ....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, why the fuck would you go to the extent on spying on a rival bid, if you weren't serious about getting the stadium?

The point you make about buying up land is an interesting one. But I would say that they probably had a good enough understanding of the London property market to know that even if Spurs did move out the area, they would never make a loss on those properties/that land. Gentrification eventually reaches anywhere within a certain radius, I think history has shown that. The gentrification of Tottenham is by no means just about our new ground. I reckon Levy was always keeping his options open.

We've flourished under Levy but he's still not to be trusted (and he'd have us in a European Super League given half the chance).

Wiring is pretty much the most serious thing it could be - it's integral to the functioning of every part of the stadium and nearly fucking impossible to work on once further work has been done after it. Even in basic home construction finding out you have wiring issues after you moved past that stage is a goddamned nightmare. Having it in a larger setting is the stuff that keeps project managers sweating at night.

As someone who works in IT infrastructure for large facilities - I've learned the very hard way that I'd rather have the damn walls falling apart than issues with the "cable plant".
My point, and that of others, is that it was never just the wiring, the cause of the delays goes deeper than that, as is patently obvious on all the work still being done and yet to be done on stuff that is obviously not wiring related.

We went from working 24 hours a day flat out to a far more relaxed pace overnight on announcing that we'd miss the September 15th start, that to my knowledge has never been properly addressed

Last edited:
The famous spurs checkered screen is up on the west entrance
image.php

My point, and that of others, is that it was never just the wiring, the cause of the delays goes deeper than that, as is patently obvious on all the work still being done and yet to be done on stuff that is obviously not wiring related.

We went from working 24 hours a day flat out to a far more relaxed pace overnight on announcing that we'd miss the September 15th start, that to my knowledge has never been properly address
Your last comment seems to prove that your original point is incorrect. The relaxed pace on site has proved that all of the work they're currently doing is not on the critical path, and the work you see them doing now would've either been finished much quicker if they'd continued at 24hr working, or left until the end of the season (cosmetic stuff that doesn't matter).

We went from working 24 hours a day flat out to a far more relaxed pace overnight on announcing that we'd miss the September 15th start, that to my knowledge has never been properly address
Facts which are most easily explained by the botched wiring job.

It's seemingly still news to some that quite a lot of work which was intended to be completed next summer was moved up for immediate completion after the delay was announced.

Yes, construction was proceeding at a break-neck pace before the delay. The fact that construction drastically slowed after the delay was announced is the clearest sign that most work was in finishing stages and that sub-contractors weren't required to work intensive schedules any longer, again a sign that the fault for the delay lay not with the entire build but in a few specific areas.

What am I talking about. Clearly the cement mix was incorrect and the entire stadium will need to be torn down and rebuilt from the foundations up. #wiringfaultmyass

Yes, but none of the patently obvious stuff was vital and none NEEDED to be complete before we could open the stadium. But when we found out about the wiring and realised there'd be no foot traffic around the stadium for a couple of months yet, they said fuck it, get the cherry pickers back and finish the veil/screen whatever else.

Yep makes sense. When a fault is discovered in one area the best thing to do if you want to open a new development as soon as possible is to slow down work everywhere.

I'm amazed at the hoops people are jumping through just to stay on board with the official line.

I bet Theresa May wishes she had more foot soldiers with your blind faith

Why is it so hard to grasp, they were aiming for September, everyone was working flat out. 24 hour work timetable trying to deliver for Liverpool. When the issue with the wiring came up they realised just how big an issue it was and so paired back on the overtime to save cost.

You keep sticking with this theory that your mate the builder knew all along. He knew fuck all, sure he might have heard rumours, but why in the hell would Levy the so called tightest chairman in the world pay for 24 hour working when if he knew all along it wouldn't be ready until next year he could have saved a small fortune.

The stadium would have opened against Liverpool, but it wouldn't probably have been about 80% complete. Look how much of the veil the've done in 2 weeks, double the workforce and it would have probably all been done in 2 weeks. The paving was going to be tarmac as a short term, the shop could have waited.

Baffles me how you keep peddling this rubbish and others too coming out with crap like Levy's ripping off the fans, he knew all along. Bollocks, what has he gained from the delay. Do you really think the season ticket money was the catalyst for it being built this year. Deary me.

Yep makes sense. When a fault is discovered in one area the best thing to do if you want to open a new development as soon as possible is to slow down work everywhere.

I'm amazed at the hoops people are jumping through just to stay on board with the official line.

Bill your argument has no logic ... you're saying that Levy had 24/7 working with some 3,000 skilled highly paid workers costing an additional 2m a week for two months ... just so he could con season ticket holders out of a few quid that he knew he would have to give back?

Seriously that's your argument?

If Levy had said we're staying at Wembley for two years nobody would have complained ... so why 'jump through hoops' to pretend we would be open this season, if he knew that all along we wouldn't? ... it's just a totally illogical, very expensive, and a pointless thing to do ... there is zero upside to Levy, so please explain why would he do it?

Last edited:

bdur.gif

Are you thinking about this, or is the red mist clouding your vision? I can't grasp your failure to understand what people are saying

You keep sticking with this theory that your mate the builder knew all along. He knew fuck all...

Aaah, the return of the the "I invented a friend line". Classy.

He's not a builder, he owns a company involved in the fit and is a ST holder of 20+ years standing. As for his role being "cosmetic stuff that doesn't matter", it's the security and reception areas, a bit higher priority than the fucking Skywalk© I'd say. It's going to take a month to fit by the way, and as for him not existing, some of the photos you have been cooing over on this thread are his.

As for why Levy's doing this god knows, I've long suspected, like others, that the problems stem from the failure to attract a naming rights deal, but that's supposition, nothing else.

By the way Bangkok, I didn't say Levy was jumping through hoops, I said you were in your attempts to stay apace of the official line which keeps changing

Last edited:
Why is it so hard to grasp, they were aiming for September, everyone was working flat out. 24 hour work timetable trying to deliver for Liverpool. When the issue with the wiring came up they realised just how big an issue it was and so paired back on the overtime to save cost.

You keep sticking with this theory that your mate the builder knew all along. He knew fuck all, sure he might have heard rumours, but why in the hell would Levy the so called tightest chairman in the world pay for 24 hour working when if he knew all along it wouldn't be ready until next year he could have saved a small fortune.

The stadium would have opened against Liverpool, but it wouldn't probably have been about 80% complete. Look how much of the veil the've done in 2 weeks, double the workforce and it would have probably all been done in 2 weeks. The paving was going to be tarmac as a short term, the shop could have waited.

Baffles me how you keep peddling this rubbish and others too coming out with crap like Levy's ripping off the fans, he knew all along. Bollocks, what has he gained from the delay. Do you really think the season ticket money was the catalyst for it being built this year. Deary me.
What is frustrating is that we seem to have to have the same arguments/discussions and explanations every few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom