New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dr6BceKW4AAEQCo

Sky walk looks like a train carriage.
I couldn't give a gnat's hole about the fucking Skywalk©, just move heaven and earth to get us in as soon as possible you cunts. You can do all that shit in the summer.

Anyone who doesn't think there's something more serious about our dilly-dallying since July or whenever it was that they said we'd be ready on 15 September is kidding themselves

#JustSomeWiring

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't think there's something more serious about our dilly-dallying since July or whenever it was that they said we'd be ready on 15 September is kidding themselves

#JustSomeWiring
Like... what exactly? Please entertain us on what portions of the stadium are botched besides the wiring, which absolutely nothing can function without.

I still think the Stratford thing was a huge red herring, to give Haringey council a wake up call. The whole Tottenham area would have ended up as a ghost town if the club moved out of the area.

I personally think we were encouraged to bid for Stratford by the Government. The Government could hardly be seen to be getting the best deal for the taxpayer if W/ham were the only bidders. The narrative was set up of the big bad club from north London coming in, trying to displace plucky W/ham and destroy the 'Olympic legacy' by tearing the stadium down, so when W/Ham win the stadium, the public are all happy, and the Government thank us by investing in the NDP as promised.

Perhaps to accommodate an appropriately shaped Logo.
Nike for example
Or
ASAP ( who I know nothing about)
Both have been touted on here in the past I think.

I imagine the deal may well already be in place but will only be announced upon completion...
No one wants to be associated with a behind schedule project till finnished.

ASAP? Should’ve let them build the fucking stadium.

I personally think we were encouraged to bid for Stratford by the Government. The Government could hardly be seen to be getting the best deal for the taxpayer if W/ham were the only bidders. The narrative was set up of the big bad club from north London coming in, trying to displace plucky W/ham and destroy the 'Olympic legacy' by tearing the stadium down, so when W/Ham win the stadium, the public are all happy, and the Government thank us by investing in the NDP as promised.
It was Boris Johnson when Mayor of London who apparently encouraged us to bid for the site.

Agree with that 100%.also believe that plan a, backbwhen enic bought us, was a move to the originally planned world athletics stadium that was going to be at Pickett's lock.

We were never moving to the OC stadium ... our plan was always to bulldoze the pile of crap and build the stadium (or something similar) that we now see at WHL ... that was why our proposal was thrown out, no legacy ...

Whilst DL might have been serious at the start ... it's very hard to believe that with the 10's of millions already spent by offshore companies on land in Tottenham, which if we left would suddenly be worth feck all, that it wasn't all a ruse ... even if he started off serious that very quickly went into getting as much from Harringey as we could ... which was all going OK until this new loony lot took over, but they won't last ...

All's well that ends well ... we have a football stadium and the Spammers have a shithole ....

I couldn't give a gnat's hole about the fucking Skywalk©, just move heaven and earth to get us in as soon as possible you cunts. You can do all that shit in the summer.

#JustSomeWiring

Wiring is pretty much the most serious thing it could be - it's integral to the functioning of every part of the stadium and nearly fucking impossible to work on once further work has been done after it. Even in basic home construction finding out you have wiring issues after you moved past that stage is a goddamned nightmare. Having it in a larger setting is the stuff that keeps project managers sweating at night.

As someone who works in IT infrastructure for large facilities - I've learned the very hard way that I'd rather have the damn walls falling apart than issues with the "cable plant".

Yeah maybe there’s a giant ditch you have to jump over to get out of the loos...
They should have a ditch below the sanitary fittings cos some fellas have a terrible aim and that's a quite limited target.
Or they'll need a full time cleaner on station - complete with perfumes, clothes brush and a tips box.

Ah OK fair enough. Counting down the hours until the rest of the internet gets hold of this photo though... it'll be plastered across Twitter by other fans.

Yeah - stupid to put the photo out there, I don't care what someone does with their own space.....no one would ever have know if they just kept the joke amongst themselves.

Back
Top Bottom