New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dr6BceKW4AAEQCo

Sky walk looks like a train carriage.

This sky walk thing. Can anyone go in it or is it only for those paying for top wack seats? Think stadium tours are going to be very, very popular - might make it next year's Christmas present to all the family, Spurs fans or not.

Just my opinion, I suppose the only people who would really know is Daniel himself and his inner circle.
With regards to the stadium, I can't believe that he would want to pay all the extra costs that have come along with the delay. They were doing everything to make it happen. I still think that Daniel makes decisions for the good of the Club (not that he always gets it right), but he has to balance it with good business sense too.

I think the friction sometimes comes as some decisions are good for the club but bad for the fans.

It's also entirely possible he's lied to the fans over the stadium and that us not knowing the truth is in our best interests, some fans seem to have this need to always know what's going on even if it harms the club.

Just my opinion, I suppose the only people who would really know is Daniel himself and his inner circle.
With regards to the stadium, I can't believe that he would want to pay all the extra costs that have come along with the delay. They were doing everything to make it happen. I still think that Daniel makes decisions for the good of the Club (not that he always gets it right), but he has to balance it with good business sense too.
I think it was a red herring too in that the ideal solution was to stay in Tottenham and regenerate and rebuild the stadium. At the time Haringey weren't seeing that and were not making life any easier.

Having said that if he could have got the Olympic site for a pittance it was worth looking at for the infrastructure already in place. Not forgetting we were going to knock the Oylmpic stadium down and completely rebuild a new stadium and not end up with the fudge that West Ham have.

It was sound judgement to have options and to force the council's hand a bit.

Did anyone ever come up with why the outside screen has the diagonal aspect to the right hand side. Looks like there was more than enough room to move the whole thing to the left and have a normal rectangle screen. Just looks a bit strange, although may come together when the veil is complete.

Did anyone ever come up with why the outside screen has the diagonal aspect to the right hand side. Looks like there was more than enough room to move the whole thing to the left and have a normal rectangle screen. Just looks a bit strange, although may come together when the veil is complete.
Perhaps to accommodate an appropriately shaped Logo.
Nike for example
Or
ASAP ( who I know nothing about)
Both have been touted on here in the past I think.

I imagine the deal may well already be in place but will only be announced upon completion...
No one wants to be associated with a behind schedule project till finnished.

A square or rectangle screen would just look odd, almost plonked on the outside. The design of the exterior is flowing with little symmetry... the screen will look natural once completed.

I don't think the eventual sponsor or their logo has any impact on the screen shape or size however their branding will look fantastic in that space whoever it is!

the underneath looks the same as the seats... it's only the lighting making it look different
I think they've done a great job of the stadium ... I just can't get excited about what effectively looks like a row of suspended portacabins

In the scheme of things it's minor

I hope your righ .. you probably are and it might be a trick of the light

If there was any chance of getting in there to see for ourselves eh?!!

Nope absolutely not, theres no way he'd have been able to hoodwink the likes of AEG (who would have also bought us had we got it) (who would have bought us eventually) ... or if thats your train of thought you must also think he took the interest free loan from the fans knowing the ground would never be ready in time having also hoodwinked the NFL.

He was making eyes at Stratford the moment we won the Olympic bid.
Agree with that 100%.also believe that plan a, backbwhen enic bought us, was a move to the originally planned world athletics stadium that was going to be at Pickett's lock.

Perhaps to accommodate an appropriately shaped Logo.
Nike for example
Or
ASAP ( who I know nothing about)
Both have been touted on here in the past I think.

I imagine the deal may well already be in place but will only be announced upon completion...
No one wants to be associated with a behind schedule project till finnished.
SAP - a German company that make business software. Fairly inoffensive, none of the dodgy links of the Middle Eastern companies. But given that they operate business-to-business I can't see it, would be strategically odd.

Back
Top Bottom