New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm always amazed by how quick progress is, but also that there seem to be big gaps in progress whether caused by 'preparation work' such as installing framework for the veil, or waiting for more deliveries of the veil or whatever other unknown reason why progress isn't happening for a couple of days.

But progress there is, even if not linear.

Here is the veil and installed TV screen on the west side today - and the picture below is from 3 weeks ago on 21 October

Vive la difference !

image.php

21 October
image.php

With luck, within the next week the TV screen will have been tested and the veil on the rest of the West side completed - we are now a good 75% complete.

East side is much further behind, but much of the framework is in place, so when the contractors start with a bit of momentum it could be completed within 3 - 4 weeks.

The South stand seems to be enormously more complicated framework with veil pieces almost individually crafted to fit, but visually it looks as if the vast majority of framework is in place - so crossing fingers and toes its all coming together within that 3-4 week timescale !
I'm really liking the veil. Makes it stand out as different rather than just a glass finish.

To be fair he had planning in place to redevelop the East Stand ENIC pulled the plug on that...... and not sure he'd ever have thought about taking us to Straford.....
I still think the Stratford thing was a huge red herring, to give Haringey council a wake up call. The whole Tottenham area would have ended up as a ghost town if the club moved out of the area.

I still think the Stratford thing was a huge red herring, to give Haringey council a wake up call. The whole Tottenham area would have ended up as a ghost town if the club moved out of the area.
Nope absolutely not, theres no way he'd have been able to hoodwink the likes of AEG (who would have also bought us had we got it) (who would have bought us eventually) ... or if thats your train of thought you must also think he took the interest free loan from the fans knowing the ground would never be ready in time having also hoodwinked the NFL.

He was making eyes at Stratford the moment we won the Olympic bid.

Last edited:
Left the house at 7 and saw the unbelievable sunrise. My first thought was I bet WHL looks great.
Passed at about the same time on the way into Kings Cross, that photo doesnt do the skyline justice - admittedly its a much closer shot of the stadium than the view from Drayton Park

Nope absolutely not, theres no way he'd have been able to hoodwink the likes of AEG (who would have also bought us had we got it) (who would have ... or if thats your train of thought you must also think he took the interest free loan from the fans knowing the ground would never be ready in time having also hoodwinked the NFL.

He was making eyes at Stratford the moment we won the Olympic bid.
Just my opinion, I suppose the only people who would really know is Daniel himself and his inner circle.
With regards to the stadium, I can't believe that he would want to pay all the extra costs that have come along with the delay. They were doing everything to make it happen. I still think that Daniel makes decisions for the good of the Club (not that he always gets it right), but he has to balance it with good business sense too.

Back
Top Bottom