New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our spaceship is looking good ....

Bbt7iyw.jpg

It is a Kop though.

Personally I don’t mind what we call it, but Liverpool didn’t invent the term. It wasn’t even the first in England.
Technically it might be a kop, and yup, the dippers weren't the first. But calling a stand a kop is associated with those fuckers. So fuck us ever calling it a kop end, or the kop or whatever. I would rather we were sat in the " Jeremy Corbin's mouldy Smeg chunks" stand than that

Back in the summer Levy said that he had to give a month's notice of a test event - the notice being to inform the authorities, emergency services, and local residents, advertise road closure notices in newspapers and posted on lampposts.

One of the bright boys on SSC says that in September, DL got agreement with Haringey to shorten the notice period to 2 weeks.

So its still possible to give notice of test events as late as early December and hold them before Christmas...........(I thought with a 30 day notice being required we were running out of time for that)

A nice early Christmas present ?

Back in the summer Levy said that he had to give a month's notice of a test event - the notice being to inform the authorities, emergency services, and local residents, advertise road closure notices in newspapers and posted on lampposts.

One of the bright boys on SSC says that in September, DL got agreement with Haringey to shorten the notice period to 2 weeks.

So its still possible to give notice of test events as late as early December and hold them before Christmas...........(I thought with a 30 day notice being required we were running out of time for that)

A nice early Christmas present ?

I've always had mid december/early christmas in my mind for some football to be played - which I could put a bet on it!

I've always had mid december/early christmas in my mind for some football to be played - which I could put a bet on it!

If the decision to hold the test event at short notice (as DL can't rely on a date for the tests on these critical safety systems to be completed), I could see the test eveny being maybe 2 hours first team training followed by a youth match - so not a high profile event or even a scheduled u18 or u21 game just a freindly

I live next to the stadium and was out on the drinks last night. Got chatting to a team of electrians and none of them think the stadium will be ready until the end of the season. Their assessment was that levy has tried to squeeze a 4 year job into a year. They also said that the biggest problem was Mace and a Company called Base who did not have a clue how to organise all of the workers.

On a positive they all were adament that the stadium would be the best in Europe when it was.completed.

Was talking to a mate last night about the stadium etc and he begrudgingly accepts it's going be a class build but we got talking about the NFL thing and the digs started coming. Personally I haven't got any issue with maximising the build for revenue if it helps our club and finances.

The question I've got is would you be happy with a London NFL team starting up and if so would you be happy to see the stadium become a more permanent fixture for such games, thus leading to it becoming a joint Football/ American Football stadium permanently?

Back
Top Bottom