New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question whilst reading the Chelsea match thread they are discussing ticket sales and that they are apparently poor? Southampton and Inter are mentioned also and looks like the same now I'm not blinkered enough to suggest that we Tottenham Hotspur FC could sell out Wembley on a regular basis irrespective of how well we are doing and by the looks of it fans for what ever reason the support is waning! But hey there could/is reasons for that most obvious being Xmas it's hellish finacially for everyone and we have 9 games in December. But my point is our new home 60k capacity would you say that is an accurate target in our fan base or should it have been perhaps not so ambitious 50k? I'm sure Tottenham did their reasearch and have the numbers correct but a half empty stadium for whatever reason looks bloody awful.

Question whilst reading the Chelsea match thread they are discussing ticket sales and that they are apparently poor? Southampton and Inter are mentioned also and looks like the same now I'm not blinkered enough to suggest that we Tottenham Hotspur FC could sell out Wembley on a regular basis irrespective of how well we are doing and by the looks of it fans for what ever reason the support is waning! But hey there could/is reasons for that most obvious being Xmas it's hellish finacially for everyone and we have 9 games in December. But my point is our new home 60k capacity would you say that is an accurate target in our fan base or should it have been perhaps not so ambitious 50k? I'm sure Tottenham did their reasearch and have the numbers correct but a half empty stadium for whatever reason looks bloody awful.
But bare in mind a of lot seating will be corporate and not dare I say it “real” fans I think mr levy will be happier with them?

TV CAMERAS
Sorry it this has been brought up before but does anyone know if the main camera will be like WHL in the East stand therefore the South stand will be to the left of the screen and the North East where the away fans will be bottom right,I hope with the away they are not very visible like Newcastle,Sunderland,Everton etc,the less exposure away fans get the better,any thoughts

A lot of people are fed up with Wembley and begining to not go, like myself.
I've only been going away games and the champions League ones.
I'm starting to think now that we won't be back in N17 at all this season.

Same. Done three aways and Barca. Also doing Inter.

The NWHL will be a sell-out every game. At least in the first season.

I have been saying for sometime that we will not be in until 2019-2020. I hope I am wrong.

Just for context about this, I've had season ticket since 2004 and only miss maybe 1-2 home games a season. I've not been to Wembley simce Cardiff, and won't go until the new year at least. That's 8 home games I'll of missed before January.

I hate Wembley, it's not home. I feel short changed by being charged £1k for a season ticket I've yet to use. Its a ball ache to buy tickets and refund the money into my account. Its apathy, I want to be back at WHL. I know that won't happen until the club day so, on that basis I won't be miserable at football. I just won't go.

Edit: This also applies to the 3 other blokes inhave season tickets with, and a fair few others I'd imagine.

Last edited:
TV CAMERAS
Sorry it this has been brought up before but does anyone know if the main camera will be like WHL in the East stand therefore the South stand will be to the left of the screen and the North East where the away fans will be bottom right,I hope with the away they are not very visible like Newcastle,Sunderland,Everton etc,the less exposure away fans get the better,any thoughts

I'm pretty sure the camera gantry is in the upper west stand

TV CAMERAS

I would imagine it’ll be like in Fifa? Where the single tier south stand is to the right of of the camera? You’d presume Fifa did their research for the game? Or am I being stupid?

TV CAMERAS

I disagree, i think the away fans should be visible on tv at all grounds.

I've been going to all the home Wembley games because I'm a glutton for punishment but I hate the place. Sadly had more fun at the Haringey VS Wimbledon game then any game at Wembley this season :(

Nope, they've got the capacity right. They've already sold 42k season tickets, 8k premium/corporate, and will get 3k away fans most games. That's 50-53k guarenteed every match before a single ticket has been sold to members or general sale.

TV CAMERAS
I think I remember seeing back 300-400 pages back or so that the main camera for football will be in the west stand and the main camera for NFL games will be in the east stand.

Nope, they've got the capacity right. They've already sold 42k season tickets, 8k premium/corporate, and will get 3k away fans most games. That's 50-53k guarenteed every match before a single ticket has been sold to members or general sale.
Good I just wondered if they were being a tad optimistic but if the people are there and support the club that's great.

Yeah, think the main difference is that ST holders don't have to (and many don't want to) buy tickets at Wembley this season. Back at the Lane it'll be at least 90-95% full unless ST holders start not renewing or going,
Was the the fact that WHL held 35k? and I can't remember ever reading that other than a NLD tickets were a problem. Thus if 35k was adequate where are the other 25k coming from? But there was a waiting list for ST?

Back
Top Bottom