New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would put the press somewhere like this.
smallhouse234567-1.jpg

Here's summit that's been bugging me, and I KNOW this is way too late to suggest, and obviously there are gonna be numerous reasons why it hasn't been done, but wouldn't STAGGERED seating in the stadium itself afford better all round view...

Rather than every seat being 'uniformly' behind the other (as we always seem to see in Stadia)
detail-tottenham-s-stadium-white-hart-lane-details-seats-pictured-prior-to-uefa-europa-league-round-game-hotspur-68501185.jpg

This CAN'T be the best layout for stadium seating... SURELY it would make more sense to have every row's seating 'half-a-seats's width BETWEEN the one behind...

So in effect, you'd be watching through the gap between the shoulders of the two people in front, rather than stuck behind that person's head!

Am I being mad, or would that actually work? Has it ever been done??
Somewhere MUST have tried it... Germany/Holland perhaps??

....shoulda e-mailed the club YEARS ago to suggest it... guess I'll just have to wait for WHL III to be built in another 100 years!

Actually, now I'm wondering whether anywhere is already like that, and I've never really noticed!
Would reduce the number of seats available, that's why you don't see it.

Different methods of creating a stagger are often used in lecture halls and movie theaters where full capacity is rarely encountered and therefore the loss of available seating is negated. But in a sports stadium that must be designed to maximize seating availability due to the limited number of engagements and regular occurrence of maximum capacity, its impractical.

Last edited:
..as soon as we have confidence in our project managers' and contractors' ability to deliver against the revised scheduled of works..

Pulling no punches there are they
yes you're right
and I expect no major comments in case spurs can have a legal claim against someone/company
but there must be a way to say how they are doing in repairs and stadium fitting

Tottenham refute claims new stadium won't be ready until 2019

I think 'refute' in the headline is rather overstating things. The club has essentially refused to comment beyond restating the previously expressed position.

There was a lad a week or two ago who basically said put money on United being the first game. Given all the background noise, what we can see from photos and this safety system issue, I think that still smells right. Only question then becomes will the PL allow it.

Last edited:
Would reduce the number of seats available, that's why you don't see it.

Different methods of creating a stagger are often used in lecture halls and movie theaters where full capacity is rarely encountered and therefore the loss of available seating is negated. But in a sports stadium that must be designed to maximize seating availability due to the limited number of engagements and regular occurrence of maximum capacity, its impractical.
Would it though?
All you're doing is moving the 'even rows' (So 2, 4, 6 etc) half a seat across... and leaving the 'odd numbers' where they are.
if you're starting from scratch (as WE are with the new stadium) surely you account for the 'staggered' layout of the seating.

You're not LOSING any seating, as you're building the layout around that design.

The aisles would be that much wider (If needed) to accommodate the staggared layout.
I dunno... I've never built a stadium.... but as a layman and (rather short) fan, who only attends games, it strikes me as odd that it's never even been trialled.

Would it though?
All you're doing is moving the 'even rows' (So 2, 4, 6 etc) half a seat across... and leaving the 'odd numbers' where they are.
if you're starting from scratch (as WE are with the new stadium) surely you account for the 'staggered' layout of the seating.

You're not LOSING any seating, as you're building the layout around that design.

The aisles would be that much wider (If needed) to accommodate the staggared layout.
I dunno... I've never built a stadium.... but as a layman and (rather short) fan, who only attends games, it strikes me as odd that it's never even been trialled.
But that clearly wouldn't be an efficient use of space, as every other row would have dead space, half a seat wide.

The only way to do it, and it could work, would be to have diagonal gangways.

Would it though?

Yes, you'd effectively lose one seat in every row to prevent the last seat from the odd row protruding into the aisle (which I doubt would be allowed in a stadium full of staggering drunks). Widening the aisles would have the same effect.

I can't be bothered to work it out but that would mean a significant loss of capacity and therefore income, which certain people wouldn't be very keen on :levystare:

Back
Top Bottom