New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, one twat on there had a go, and the rest of the board members told that guy to fuck off and apologised to Chris

Most of them are good guys, and a lot of the photos that get here first appear on there
Doesn't mean they are not freaks...:unsure:
I do read there most days. It was more than one person btw; I believe 3. Having said that, yes, most of them issued a grovelling apology. Too many non-experts giving expert opinions. I enjoy reading what tiny detail they are arguing over on any given day. Funnily enough both sides usually has no idea what they are talking about. Although the good posters (Bazza, Norkshire...) make up for it.

I do read there most days. It was more than one person btw; I believe 3. Having said that, yes, most of them issued a grovelling apology. Too many non-experts giving expert opinions. I enjoy reading what tiny detail they are arguing over on any given day. Funnily enough both sides usually has no idea what they are talking about. Although the good posters (Bazza, Norkshire...) make up for it.

Agreed.It also got noticeably noisier with the sounding off of "opinions as fact" after the delay announcement.

As someone who worked on mega-builds in Dubai before the financial crash, and back here in London during the re-emergence of new projects and builds in the first half of this decade, I always find these projects interesting to follow, and that board has been a great place to be while the build was being completed, but now we are in furniture and fittings stage it is certainly less light more heat over there

Proof that some of the wiring works...
H2Xqrtp.jpg

So it's like here, but with buildings .

And less use of the word "cunt"

image.php

Its a race at the moment between a team starting from the North west stairs and a team starting on the right of the West Entrance to try to complete the grey tile paving down the west side of the stadium. Looks like it might be tight for tonight but tomorrow morning should be done.

On the north east side of the stadium is a red mobile crane half erect. Looks like its waiting to start to take down the North East Crane, but might be too windy today.

image.php

Its a race at the moment between a team starting from the North west stairs and a team starting on the right of the West Entrance to try to complete the grey tile paving down the west side of the stadium. Looks like it might be tight for tonight but tomorrow morning should be done.

On the north east side of the stadium is a red mobile crane half erect. Looks like its waiting to start to take down the North East Crane, but might be too windy today.
Starting to look quite finished outside the west stand. Be good to see the cladding all along that side too.

Starting to look quite finished outside the west stand. Be good to see the cladding all along that side too.

Yup, I think by this time next month all paving down the high road side (ie west side) and cladding/veil on west side will be complete, and quite possibly much of the east side veil/cladding complete.

The south podium looks pretty complete, just not sure why they have not done much to finish off the top of the south stand in recent weeks.

Still a team of guys on the roof today - but too far away from cameras to be sure what's being done.

So the exterior will be looking good to complete in just weeks from now !

Think that will be a big boost to club, fans and even contractors !

From SSC poster 'Pete2Boogie (who I believe is connected to THST, but may be incorrect on thius)

'Was at a meeting tonight at Lilywhite House where MACE announced that the pitch will be laid in October. THFC are clear that they will not announce new dates for test events until they are 100% sure they can make those dates.'

This information if correct would support the idea that Spurs are still probably working towards the Chelsea game as being the first PL game - with the pitch being laid earlier to facilitate the holding of the earlier (3 ?) test events perhaps between late October/early November and second week of November.

Of course everything still depends on these 'safety systems' issues being solved to a standard which would support the issue of the stadium's Safety Certificate within the next month to support that timetable

Great news if correct

Of course, safety is Paramount, I mean, with the way things are, it would be easy for someone to "Have their eye out".
#pagenumberbattlecryptic/easy

I'm starting not to care about this stadium..thats sad because I've been waiting what feels like an eternity for this stadium to come to fruition.. but what s the point in a new stadium if it's just to line the owners already bulging pockets.. the team is more important as is winning games, no point in a big stadium with a shit team..pull your finger out levy

I will not believe another word from a contractor or the club until the pitch is laid out, the test events have carried out and the first game at NWHL has been officially announced.

Done with all this speculation since everyone has been lying from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom