New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't see why Mr.Levy didn't appoint Di Canio!! Seriously though, hope Sherwood continue's to integrate young players into the 1st team squad. Our future is bright.Keep the faith !!! COYS!!!

Last edited:
I think it's going to be Hoddle.

But you posted that well after Sherwood's appointment, strange. Anyway, in keeping with levy's policy of appeasing the fans, he has employed the manager 2.4% of us wanted. I believe he is more likely to be successful than the Portuguese moron was, but still don't hold out a lot of hope. FINGERS CROSSED though !!

It's really hard to say but, if Tim doesn't manage to get into the top 4-5, i would really like to see Frank De Boer. The guy is playing attractive football, manage to bring players up in the academy ( like Tim :sherwoodlol: ) and he always seems to win the league / a trophy each year. The only problem is, would he manage to go from Eredivisie to the PL?

Mmmmm, thats a tough one to call. But after giving it some serious thought, like for 3 seconds, I think I`d actually plump for Moyesie.

Isn't this just going down the AVB route again? Hiring failed managers and hoping they will do better with us? Thing is he's got a worse record than AVB, 1 4th place finish, no trophies, doing even worse at Utd than AVB did at Chelsea:avbmad:...More like a AVB version 0.1 beta if you ask me.

I genuinely do not see what people see in him. Never have.

If anything Im one of very few not especially impressed with his Everton tenure.
Maybe, I guess I`m just still raging inside at the appointment of Tim Sherwood. I`m having serious problems coming to terms with it actually. Perhaps I need help.

I genuinely do not see what people see in him. Never have.

If anything Im one of very few not especially impressed with his Everton tenure.
I liked Moyes at Everton, but I think he has bitten off more that he can chew at United!

Maybe, I guess I`m just still raging inside at the appointment of Tim Sherwood. I`m having serious problems coming to terms with it actually. Perhaps I need help.

I wouldnt say I was raging, but Im certainly not happy about it. However, at least Sherwood prizes attacking football (whether or not he can achieve it successfully is yet to be seen). Moyes prizes defensive football, not losing, being the underdog... Its just not Spurs for me, I think to a man we would hate what he would serve up.

I liked Moyes at Everton, but I think he has bitten off more that he can chew at United!

I thought he did a credible job there, regular top 6/7 on a budget is a fair achievement.
I always thought he could do more though, especially with playing style. He had 11 years there, thats long enough to set a vision and build it. Instead he basically stuck to what he always did there* and just got slightly better players over time.

*Dont lose rather then go and win
defend defend defend
kick and spite
small team mentality

I wouldnt say I was raging, but Im certainly not happy about it. However, at least Sherwood prizes attacking football (whether or not he can achieve it successfully is yet to be seen). Moyes prizes defensive football, not losing, being the underdog... Its just not Spurs for me, I think to a man we would hate what he would serve up.

I thought he did a credible job there, regular top 6/7 on a budget is a fair achievement.
I always thought he could do more though, especially with playing style. He had 11 years there, thats long enough to set a vision and build it. Instead he basically stuck to what he always did there* and just got slightly better players over time.

*Dont lose rather then go and win
defend defend defend
kick and spite
small team mentality
Agree with that. Someone at United must have seen something in him!!

Back
Top Bottom