New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you Steve Kean?

:freund:
I could be...

But no I'm not. I think he's a good example of why it's important to get behind a manager, when BB got 'bought by a rich company' I think everyone thought they were getting Jack Walker mk2, but look where they are now.

I'll get behind whoever we appoint. I just want attractive football rather than any defence of a manager that starts with "Statistically...."
:avbcringe::harrylol::crouch:

:freund:
I could be...

But no I'm not. I think he's a good example of why it's important to get behind a manager, when BB got 'bought by a rich company' I think everyone thought they were getting Jack Walker mk2, but look where they are now.

I'll get behind whoever we appoint. I just want attractive football rather than any defence of a manager that starts with "Statistically...."
:avbcringe::harrylol::crouch:

But the statistics though.....

Nah I am the same. I do have my preferences, but back whoever is the chosen one.

Negativity from the start helps no one.

Please people , not Van Gaal - weren't we all crying out for stability ? That man doesnt know what the word means and has been in conflict with everyone at every club he ever coached - his main strategy in life is conflict and he's one of the biggest ego's in football - that's quite the achievement on its own.

The football he loves , i can dig but he will leave us and in dissaray - the big clubs he coached can just go and pick anyone they like after he leaves but we do not have that luxury anymore.
But is it not a possibility he could be what we need to get up into the CL places so then we will have an easier time of finding a manager?

We'd be stupid to turn down Van Gaal. He sounds proper interested and is exactly what we need. Sign him up for next summer now. In the meantime, let Sherwood or Hoddle caretake for the rest of this season and make of it what they can. Sherwood has to understand the reality of his lack of experience and shouldn't turn down being an assistant under such big name managers for a few years. Then if he is up to it he can take the reigns properly next time.

Louis van Gaal to us was just mentioned in the news break on Dutch radio a moment ago. He'll probably manage us after the WC, but oh boy. Yes please! Lad is amazing at managing, but a fool of a person sometimes. He hates the media though, this alone will be interesting to see.

They just said Sherwood has been offered the job until the end of the season on the US broardcast.
If that's right, then I think that is the right decision! He is untried/tested in this role, but has great insight of the club/players! Lets hope over the next 5 months, he can prove he is worthy of a 3-4 year deal!

COYS!!

Louis van Gaal was a nice thought ffs

Levy has pulled a fuckn epic clanger

I realise that he has no history by which we can judge how good he is. Bit he also has no history to say how bad he is. So as bizarre as a totally unproven manager at a club our size is, it's done now. Enjoy the ride. (Or not depending on how it goes)

Do you really think he'll last until next season?

I couldn't tell ya. I guess we'll see how January goes and if Levy backs him with any money seeing as how we turned a nice 10-20 mil profit in the summer and freed up some wage room. That could be telling.

Yeah! Your right 17 months and like you, unsure! But it is what it is and we can only hope he is as capable, as he thinks he is!!

He seems very confident, as did AVB

...but I get the impression Tim will be a bit more eager to change it if it isn't working, just because he has an air of stone faced determination about it.

Kind of a 'I refuse to be crap' stubborness

Back
Top Bottom