New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If our ACTUAL target isn't going to leave his International post before next Summer (be it Holland or Russia) and Sherwood has already said he wants the job full-time or not at all... then surely it's all pointing to Hoddle now, who, let's face it, made as close to a bended knees grovelling open letter of application live on Sky yesterday!

Looks that way.

I said from the beginning - before Sherwood before Im accused of being some sort of hater - I think an interim for the rest of the season could cause us a lot of pain.

Aside from the fact we have a hell of a lot to play for, I cant help worrying the players will become disillusioned with the lack of leadership - and by the time the "real" manager comes in they will be looking to jump ship anyway.

Also, on the matter of van Gaal. I know he has said he wont do two jobs, but with only 2 friendlies between now and may I wonder if he and the Dutch FA can still be convinced.

I certainly hope so.

The last time we went down the route of a semi-permanent caretaker it was a disaster as well.

Ish. Pleat barely kept our head above water but the following summer set us up to build to where we are now.

The difference is, Pleat took over a struggling side with the only aim being to stay up.

Whoever takes over now takes over a club 6 points off top. Technically in a title race! Yet practically pusching for a top 4 finish, as well as having FA and EUROPA cups to try to win as well...

If they bring someone else in it needs to be permanent. Surely Sherwood can be convinced to be interim, it gives him experience managing a top club with top players. And just seems to make more sense than bringing in yet another manager with a different set of opinions.

Ish. Pleat barely kept our head above water but the following summer set us up to build to where we are now.

The difference is, Pleat took over a struggling side with the only aim being to stay up.

Whoever takes over now takes over a club 6 points off top. Technically in a title race! Yet practically pusching for a top 4 finish, as well as having FA and EUROPA cups to try to win as well...

The most embarrassing game ever, imo

City was against 10 men though

At the risk of being called an AVB fan boy I don't recall ever giving up even a 2 goal lead with him in charge (I'm sure someone will remind me of a game) whereas under Sherwood although I'm expecting more 2 goal leads (which were also uncommon under AVB) I wouldn't be surprised if we gave those up a lot more easily.

At the risk of being called an AVB fan boy I don't recall ever giving up even a 2 goal lead with him in charge (I'm sure someone will remind me of a game) whereas under Sherwood although I'm expecting more 2 goal leads (which were also uncommon under AVB) I wouldn't be surprised if we gave those up a lot more easily.

The only one I can think of, and it's a stretch, is the inter away game. 3-0 up from the first leg, and dragged to extra time by a poor inter side. IMO it was that game that cost us CL. we looked fucked the following game against Fulham.

Hypothetically: Van Gaal is known, at least here in Holland, for his (sometimes) patronizing or condescending behavior towards journalist or media in general. He had to cope with Bild in Germany, that didn't always go that well at all. How do you guys think it will go in England? Since media in England aren't known for their 'kindness'.

Hypothetically: Van Gaal is known, at least here in Holland, for his (sometimes) patronizing or condescending behavior towards journalist or media in general. He had to cope with Bild in Germany, that didn't always go that well at all. How do you guys think it will go in England? Since media in England aren't known for their 'kindness'.

I think van Gaals reputation is such he could get away with pissing them all off - providing he backed it up with results.

His record is incredible, which snivelling journo around here is going to try and take him on?

We didn't have many games that we scored 2 goals or more in with AVB, aside from playing villages in Europa :eriksenserious: ..... we didn't have any in the league this season anyway.

Not really 2 goal leads, but...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matchcentre/tottenham-hotspur-vs-chelsea-20102012/
(3 goals shipped in last 25 mins)

This one wasn't too different
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matchcentre/liverpool-vs-tottenham-hotspur-10032013/

I know it wasn't meant as Steve Kean himself, but now that he's popped into my mind, I wonder how many people actually appreciate what he managed to do with what he had, considering what's happened to Blackburn since he went. Slightly off topic there, not suggesting he's in the frame.

Whoever gets the job will be under pressure, but only because we actually have a good team. Perhaps most fans of other teams won't admit it, but on paper we have a team full of proven midfielders, defenders and a goalkeeper of international quality. Plus some promising 'yoofs', what with this Bentaleb looking decent and Coulthirst being touted as a good one.

I left out strikers, as Soldado and Defoe are fringe internationals at the moment (does Soldado even get in the Spain 24?), and I'm waiting to see if Ade decides he can't be arsed again in a few games.

Part of me thinks that Tim is the guy with the least pressure of practically any other man out there really... (as is always the case when someone is "caretaker")

Are you Steve Kean?

Back
Top Bottom