New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was the 14/15 third shirt
3229645075_1_6_KRbNYV3g.jpg
Ahhhh.... dear ol' Lewis-whatcouldawouldashouldabeen-Holtby!

I could be wrong, but I believe the AIA colour on away/third kits is partly down to the clarity on camera.

Obviously, red on our white kits really pops - but if you think about it then red lettering on our away (navy) or third (dark green) wouldn't have been as legible as what we ended up with.

I wouldn't worry about a yellow kit having a red AIA given that it was navy (same as the badge) the last time we had a yellow kit.

New-Tottenham-Third-Kit-14-15.jpg
I have that shirt without the aia.

Boring fact I found out:

AIA means American International Assurance.

Seems weird an Asian insurance company that became independent from AIG (American International Group, sponsor of United) wouldn’t just change their name to Asian International Assurance.

I have too much time on my hands
my brother was working for AIG when they sponsored united. the day that the sponsorship started, the IT department did a couple of overnight forced changes on everyones computer: man Utd team photo as the wallpaper, and a rotating 3d man utd badge as the screensaver. they also left a man utd shirt on every seat.

their man UK call centre is in liverpool

I
my brother was working for AIG when they sponsored united. the day that the sponsorship started, the IT department did a couple of overnight forced changes on everyones computer: man Utd team photo as the wallpaper, and a rotating 3d man utd badge as the screensaver. they also left a man utd shirt on every seat.

their man UK call centre is in liverpool
Had they asked all the employees to actually wear the shirts at work that would have just about topped it all off...mass walkout/strike incoming.

I think it's the right kit,but either the quality control has dropped significantly or its a fake because that cockerel badge is shocking. I'd expect the real deal to have an even white space between the blue cockerel and the white stitching.

I could be wrong, but I believe the AIA colour on away/third kits is partly down to the clarity on camera.

Obviously, red on our white kits really pops - but if you think about it then red lettering on our away (navy) or third (dark green) wouldn't have been as legible as what we ended up with.

I wouldn't worry about a yellow kit having a red AIA given that it was navy (same as the badge) the last time we had a yellow kit.

New-Tottenham-Third-Kit-14-15.jpg

That’s a thing of beauty.

Back
Top Bottom