New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right, which is surely part of the reason why they put numbers on the front at international level.
Yeah, and West Ham when one of their shit sponsors went bust :eriksenlol:

2981083479_fbd12637a0_o.jpg

Nothing new... just a few extra pics of the home shirt on Footy Headlines today...
I like it... apart from the OBVS AIA!!

BTW... from what i've seen, the arse Home/3rd kits are annoyingly nice too, dammit!!
It's especially galling considering how shit some of the United kits Adidas have made in the last couple of years have been.

First season with Woolwich and they knock it out of the park.
:pochunimpressed:

Then again, fuck it. Our worst home kit since Poch first joined and we got to the CL final... Woolwich can look at stylish as they want in the Europa League.
:allitongue:

Probably just some concept art, but I wouldn't mind it at all tbh

dTSbCW9.jpg

We need our third kit to be yellow. Whenever we have navy away and eh another navy or sky blue kit for our third is a fucking disaster playing the likes of West Brom/Newcastle etc away. It should be home - white, away - navy/blue/sky blue - third - yellow

We need our third kit to be yellow. Whenever we have navy away and eh another navy or sky blue kit for our third is a fucking disaster playing the likes of West Brom/Newcastle etc away. It should be home - white, away - navy/blue/sky blue - third - yellow
But that doesn't include purple, so is clearly the whimsical musings of someone that eats his own navel fluff

Always thought the advantage of the away kits was that they didn't have the red AIA colouring on them.

Would be a shame if that trend ended and it was red across the board.
I could be wrong, but I believe the AIA colour on away/third kits is partly down to the clarity on camera.

Obviously, red on our white kits really pops - but if you think about it then red lettering on our away (navy) or third (dark green) wouldn't have been as legible as what we ended up with.

I wouldn't worry about a yellow kit having a red AIA given that it was navy (same as the badge) the last time we had a yellow kit.

New-Tottenham-Third-Kit-14-15.jpg

Always thought the advantage of the away kits was that they didn't have the red AIA colouring on them.

Would be a shame if that trend ended and it was red across the board.
Y know there's a simple solution that everyone seems to have overlooked.....

A RED 3rd kit!
THEN we wouldn't have a fucking RED AIA logo splashed across the front....
:freund:

.....ah, maybe there's a flaw in that plan!
:pochfacepalm:

:kanehand:

I could be wrong, but surely if the AIA logo on the home shirt was in black it would stand out ?
Maybe not. If not, why not orange or even royal blue ?

Boring fact I found out:

AIA means American International Assurance.

Seems weird an Asian insurance company that became independent from AIG (American International Group, sponsor of United) wouldn’t just change their name to Asian International Assurance.

I have too much time on my hands

I could be wrong, but I believe the AIA colour on away/third kits is partly down to the clarity on camera.

Obviously, red on our white kits really pops - but if you think about it then red lettering on our away (navy) or third (dark green) wouldn't have been as legible as what we ended up with.

I wouldn't worry about a yellow kit having a red AIA given that it was navy (same as the badge) the last time we had a yellow kit.

New-Tottenham-Third-Kit-14-15.jpg
That was UA’s piece de resistance in my opinion. Lovely shirt.

Not really. It depends on my definition of "shirts that have been designed to have a sponsor's logo look weird when they don't have one", which doesn't apply to either of the shirts you posted, which were never designed to incorporate a sponsor. Modern shirts look odd with a big open space in the middle
Roma has had some nice looking sponsor-less shirts in recent years.

as-roma-derby-kit-on-pitch%2B%25283%2529.jpg.cf.jpg

Su16_CK_Comms_A_Full_Body_Match_AS_Roma_R_native_1600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom