Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, just to point out that he was a stand out performer for Newcastle
(just a few quick searches, not intended to shame anyone. Full posts, rather than selective snippets)

In the premier league you need a strong combative player in the middle.Id like to see us go for Milner or sissoko at Newcastle

I just think Newcastle new players needed time to settle and gel. I mean look at Ayoze Perez looks unreal! I wish we had someone like Sissoko at the minute!

I'd like to add some more options:

Christensen @ Fulham
Wanyama @ Southampton
Ki @ Swansea
Sissoko @ Newcastle

Not necessarily in that order.

If Newcastle go down then I'd look at Perez and Sissoko.

Perez could definitely fit in the squad, with Kane or alone. Sissoko could definitely improve the squad in general.

Don't forget norwich!
Well townsends been really good for newcastle.

Seriously though i like sissoko but he has been quiet this year. Maybe perez but he has been quiet too.

Krul or elliot would be a good back up keeper. But krul is injury prone.

Not seen aarons much. Is he 1 for the future? 1 we could develop?

Klose looked pretty solid for norwich until his injury.

Makes his performances for us even more baffling

I think it's possible that our training doesn't leave players with much energy left.

He was the kind of player I'd hate being in the other team's line up, as he'd get the ball and tank his way through the players. I can see the similarity to Mane, just Sissoko is more defensive and less of an attacker.

Most of our players look knackered.

I hope he starts tomorrow. He needs to because every single player needs the belief of his manager.

Only then will he be able to produce.

Additionally the guy knows he has been poor. It sometimes takes a moment of inspired play to turn it round.

What he needs is the fans cheering his name.

Last edited:
This might sound a bit simplistic, but I think a decent performance from the 2nd string tomorrow would not only give them some much needed confidence, but the 1st team the much needed kick up the backside they so richly deserve right now...

As yet, the '2nd XI' haven't proved to the '1st XI' that their places are in danger... and as such, they seem to be cruising, safe in the knowledge their places are safe, 'cos the players challenging them for their place simply haven't done!

We need a good old fashioned, no nonsense gritty performance. 'cos make no mistake, Fulham will fancy this... especially after some of todays' results... we can't be just there for the taking, if Fulham wanna win, then they have to earn the right to beat us, we can't just 'let them'
...but on the same token, we have to justify the decision to play a weakened team! (if that's what we end up doing)

Not convinced that he has the ability to be a star for us, but think we can still give him the benefit of the doubt. Bit of a chicken and egg situation, we won't see what he can do if he spends most of the time sitting on the bench, but he hasn't actually done much with the chances he has had. Having said all that, if we can recoup his transfer fee, I'd bite their hands off.

Not convinced that he has the ability to be a star for us, but think we can still give him the benefit of the doubt. Bit of a chicken and egg situation, we won't see what he can do if he spends most of the time sitting on the bench, but he hasn't actually done much with the chances he has had. Having said all that, if we can recoup his transfer fee, I'd bite their hands off.

Basically get rid , he's shit.

He had a great Euros. It still feels like we paid 30m for an outfield Huerelho Gomes.

Like I say, I didn't want him, but I think he still is a good little player - I'm just not convinced Poch knows how to utilise him.

I tend to think Poch is just as bad at using certain players as he is for improving others.

I hope he starts tomorrow. He needs to because every single player needs the belief of his manager.

Only then will he be able to produce.

Additionally the guy knows he has been poor. It sometimes takes a moment of inspired play to turn it round.

What he needs is the fans cheering his name.

You're deluded if you think our fans will support this guy till they get anything back.
With soldado it was different. He had our support as he showed his emotions and actually tried.

Hope he gets left out the squad. Waste of space.

He had a great Euros. It still feels like we paid 30m for an outfield Huerelho Gomes.
Everyone on here said the Euros was shit - and it was. Incredibly dull, negative football. I think his Euros legend is getting out of hand.

Also, I don't see why the opinions of Newcastle fans are being discounted on here. Whenever I've been up there they seem to be a decent bunch who know their football. Some folk are defending the indefensible imo.

Back
Top Bottom