Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You need to get over your obsession with John Thomas John Thomas mate. It's unhealthy. Just accept the facts. I said, at the time our summer transfer window was weak and pathetic for a CL club. People like
e you laughed at and ridiculed me. Our dismal, shambolic failure in the weakest group of all proved me right.
I described our January window as weak and unambitious and would probably result in our annual whimpering capitulation.
Recent performances and results suggest I was right again.
You, CJJ CJJ and others seem to get some sort of kick out of laughing at my distrust of Levy, while never, ever, ever laying blame at his door. Happy to accept mediocrity. Your an embarrassment to our fan base.
Lol @ telling someone else to get over an obsession.

The reason you get ridiculed is because you think you're always right. Just like last night when you claimed victory when you were not. You say stuff like the stadium will never get built under levy. Wrong. You accuse me of editing my posts to make you look stupid. Wrong. You now claim we're mediocre. Wrong. You claim our CL group was the weakest of all despite Monaco being one of the strongest sides in Europe this season. Wrong.

Just look at the backlash you get. You think you have this individual take on Levy and Spurs no one else does. Yet, you've embarrassed yourself so many times on here you can't even comprehend that maybe it's you and not everyone else.

My post contained facts based on what you've posted and you refuted none of it. Just claimed internet victory and blamed obsession.

You claim we should buy someone in January, yet to date you have not named a player we could and should have got.

Embarrassment indeed.

But hey, at least you got your victory. Very Trump, that. Everything is fine about you, it's everyone else that's the problem.

But you brought it up mouse. You said my opinions were unpopular. I'm just pointing out we both have differing opinions. I respect yours. You dont respect mine. But at the end of the day our opinions are both as popular as each others, albeit with different members of the forum.

No... you brought it up by saying i was taking issue with you in order to garner popularity.

You're one of many on here who confuse the right to "have" an opinion with the right to endlessly express it uncontested.

We had no time left by then

Wouldn't it be quicker to up the Zaha bid, rather than raise a new one for Sissoko and get him down to Enfield?

I can only see that the two signings, Mane and Sissoko, before they happened, looked very similar on paper - except Sissoko was cheaper.

It's just a bit shit that only in retrospect can we see the difference.

Wouldn't it be quicker to up the Zaha bid, rather than raise a new one for Sissoko and get him down to Enfield?

I can only see that the two signings, Mane and Sissoko, before they happened, looked very similar on paper - except Sissoko was cheaper.

It's just a bit shit that only in retrospect can we see the difference.
Palace were never going to sell Zaha on deadline day with no time to replace him. Sissoko had spent the whole summer declaring his desire to leave Newcastle. When Zaha and Mane failed - it was all or nothing on deadline day (again) and Poch and Levy probably decided it's better than nothing

Last edited:
Nobody wanted him based on his league form before he signed, after what the Newcastle fans said about him, after his many flirtations with them cunts..... and no one wants him now.

It was clear that Sissoko was going to have to put some hard work in to recover from that sort of negativity towards him before he'd even kicked a ball. And with his reputation it was unlikely that was ever gonna happen.

No one can say we should be surprised, but as long as he wears our colours i will support him.

I may call him a massive bumbling shit cunt several times a game, but he will have my full support.

Palace were never going to sell Zaha on deadline day with no time to replace him. Sissoko had spent the whole summer declaring his desire to leave Newcastle. When Zaha and Mane failed - it was all or nothing on deadlined day (again) and Poch and Levy probably decided it's better than nothing

Maybe. If he was tearing it up for Everton right now, people would probably be moaning about Levy having no ambition and "obvious Euros" though, so it's a sticky wicket

That's a knee jerk reaction and you shd be asking yourself why we bought him in the first place.

Poch must have seen something

He hasn't had a pre season with Poch coming after the Euros so let's judge by next Xmas

knee jerk no I was gutted when we bought him , we will never agree on Sissoko but he's just not my cup of tea and I can't see how he improves us.

Had a couple of decent games, but sometimes looks like he isn't a footballer.
He hasn't integrated himself into the style, looks out of place most times he plays.
Whether this is lack of regular game time or he's not up to it we wil see next season.
If he has still yet to master the basic requirement of a professional footballer, I.e., controlling the ball and looks just as disconnected from the rest of the team then questions should be asked of him.

Sometimes players come in and dont cut it straight away for example lamela, but you could always see there was some talent in him and he could come good. This is not the case with sissoko, not seen too many players with less technical ability no wonder newcastle fans were laughing their asses off when we signed him

Said it at the time we were linked to him & after we signed him- the fact that the fanatical barcodes weren't in mourning at his loss (quite the opposite) speaks volumes about him as a player. He just isn't that good, & was fishing desperately for a move the moment their relegation was confirmed. That raises doubts over him as a person.

Said it at the time we were linked to him & after we signed him- the fact that the fanatical barcodes weren't in mourning at his loss (quite the opposite) speaks volumes about him as a player. He just isn't that good, & was fishing desperately for a move the moment their relegation was confirmed. That raises doubts over him as a person.

Did it raise doubts over JD or Scotty P?

Did it raise doubts over JD or Scotty P?
Nope. Neither of them sent begging letters via social media to Woolwich. That was also a big piece in the jigsaw. Still happy to be proven wrong about him after a full pre season (if he gets that far) but he has shown very little so far, & Poch said he was underwhelmed with his input thus far. He doesn't offer much for such a big, strong fella.

Last edited:
I reserved my judgement for quite a while, I usually try to stand behind our boys as long as they don the crest with honour, but he's playing like an absolute passenger. And the worst thing he just doesn't seem to care.

Never did I miss Lamela more than when he tried putting those awkward crosses in

Nope. Neither of them sent begging letters via social media to Woolwich. That was also a big piece in the jigsaw. Still happy to be proven wrong about him after a full pre season (if he gets that car) but he has shown very little so far, & Poch said he was underwhelmed with his input thus far. He doesn't offer much for such a big, strong fella.

Social media wasn't really around then.

He'd played for Newcastle for 4 seasons and was obviously fed up of spending his career at the bottom of the table for a badly run club. Can't hold that against him.

His character was questionable, but he's been good in terms of his attitude since he's been with us. He's no Adebayor so far.

He's so far been an expensive version of Stambouli so far, but it's early days and he could still turn into a great player for us. It can take time to click.

No love for Sissoko.

But one thing is getting looked over. If he's not playing well there is a manager, coaches, "head"!doctors and world class facilites there to improve him and get him performing. End of.

It's slightly too easy to disregard the guy as completely shit and valueless. The coaching staff in particular have a responsibility to get him going, especially given the investment made in him is likely to be more than most fans would earn in hundreds of years.

It's hard to find the balance really, it's probably a bit of everything adding up to a cluster fuck.

knee jerk no I was gutted when we bought him , we will never agree on Sissoko but he's just not my cup of tea and I can't see how he improves us.

So far he hasn't improved us and I'm not impressed either but I feel it's too soon to write him off

He seems totally lacking in confidence and plays the simple ball rather than trying to hurt the opposition. He even mucks that up on a regular basis. I know he has played against us a few times and vaguely recall he was a threat. Did not see him play for France but he has many caps and there must be something. Is he being played out of position? well he has too much competition for DM and cannot play on the left leaving his present position as the only option. Problem is that by playing wide right and not tucking in, he restricts Walker's attacks. Does not seem to be an attitude problem as at Newcastle more a lack of ability or fit to our system. cannot see him getting many more chances and lets hope someone puts in an offer in the summer.

He seems totally lacking in confidence and plays the simple ball rather than trying to hurt the opposition. He even mucks that up on a regular basis. I know he has played against us a few times and vaguely recall he was a threat. Did not see him play for France but he has many caps and there must be something. Is he being played out of position? well he has too much competition for DM and cannot play on the left leaving his present position as the only option. Problem is that by playing wide right and not tucking in, he restricts Walker's attacks. Does not seem to be an attitude problem as at Newcastle more a lack of ability or fit to our system. cannot see him getting many more chances and lets hope someone puts in an offer in the summer.

He generally plays well for France, and was decent for Newcastle (despite the denial of the offended geordies). He had a decent game in the final, made Pogba look like O'Hara.

Back
Top Bottom