Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since Newcastle are relegated, would any of you take anyone from there?
Don't forget norwich!
Well townsends been really good for newcastle.

Seriously though i like sissoko but he has been quiet this year. Maybe perez but he has been quiet too.

Krul or elliot would be a good back up keeper. But krul is injury prone.

Not seen aarons much. Is he 1 for the future? 1 we could develop?

Klose looked pretty solid for norwich until his injury.

Don't forget norwich!
Well townsends been really good for newcastle.

Seriously though i like sissoko but he has been quiet this year. Maybe perez but he has been quiet too.

Krul or elliot would be a good back up keeper. But krul is injury prone.

Not seen aarons much. Is he 1 for the future? 1 we could develop?

Klose looked pretty solid for norwich until he got injured?l.

I'd take Sissoko, he's a solid player. I don't think Newcastle played to his strengths, plus he was in a sinking team. Same for Perez.. There has to be a reason why Barca are linked with him. He's young, pacey and can score. I know I seem to go on about him a bit, but I really think he's a top player. With Poch's guidance he could be lethal.

I used to like Shelvey but he's been a disappointment there. He certainly knows how to ping a ball though. I'd take Krul as back up.

As for Norwich, the only player I like is Redmond.

I'd take Sissoko, he's a solid player. I don't think Newcastle played to his strengths, plus he was in a sinking team. Same for Perez.. There has to be a reason why Barca are linked with him. He's young, pacey and can score. I know I seem to go on about him a bit, but I really think he's a top player. With Poch's guidance he could be lethal.

I used to like Shelvey but he's been a disappointment there. He certainly knows how to ping a ball though. I'd take Krul as back up.

As for Norwich, the only player I like is Redmond.

Redmond is absolute horse shit.

Perez is the only person to talk about out of either team in my view, sell Chadli for £35mil and get Perez.

:chadliwtf:

Macch one part of that I liked:

Nabil Bentaleb could be allowed to leave the club after a difficult season dogged by injury problems, although reports from the training ground in recent weeks suggest his attitude has improved greatly as he looks to recover from a knee injury.

He's got so much potential, but that'll only come to fruition if he puts the effort in. Would love to see him turn a corner and make us all look back at this year and wonder how we could write him off.
The fact that he's training so much better now is heartening too... makes you think he wants to stay if he can rather than sulk and head for the exit door.

Pretty good article that. Sums it all up well. It's surely gonna be a very interesting Summer. Time for us to firmly put down our stamp and - this time - make the most of our CL summer window.

Pretty good article that. Sums it all up well. It's surely gonna be a very interesting Summer. Time for us to firmly put down our stamp and - this time - make the most of our CL summer window.
Not gonna lie, I was pleased to read that we're open to selling Mason, Carroll, and Chadli.

I'm not going to get sucked into any scapegoating/reasonable criticism that may have popped up in another thread, however, I think it's pretty clear that if you ranked our playing staff in terms of ability, these guys wouldn't be top of the list.
If we take the golden opportunity of being able to offer CL to replace those three with backup as good/better than our starting XI, then we'll have one hell of a squad to compete on all fronts next year.

How you claim a formation is the totality of tactics is beyond me. Spurs and Woolwich both play with a 4-2-3-1. Our tactics are nothing alike.
You're missing the point - my argument suggest a tactical change on our behalf does square to a different approach in a particular game

Marseilles's interim coach has said Batshuayi will 100% be leaving in the Summer. Would be a great signing but if we also had a chance at Lacazette, I'd take Lacazette all day.

You're missing the point - my argument suggest a tactical change on our behalf does square to a different approach in a particular game
I get your point. I am rejecting it as formations do not equal tactics. They can be said to be one aspect of them, but we as a team play with multiple formations in the same game generally. Our tactics didn't change because the formations did.

Cross him off the list...

tumblr_lfi18nkUA41qerfv4.gif

Back
Top Bottom