Mighty Spurs v Naaridge City 26/12/15 - 15-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Took us a little bit of time to get into our rhythm, and we needed the birthday boy to make his standard crucial save in the first ten minutes, but once we got into our stride and upped the pace, they couldn't live with us. Lamela was sensational IMO, and the only thing missing from a perfect performance was a well deserved goal. I have to say everyone played their part and I love the team spirit that is being nurtured by Poch and the coaching team. And we kept a clean sheet.
PS - the half time penalty shootout was won by the only girl in the line-up, although I did love the Klinsmann dive by one of the boys, when he scored.
PPS - All in all, one of the best Boxing Days in living memory

Took us a little bit of time to get into our rhythm, and we needed the birthday boy to make his standard crucial save in the first ten minutes, but once we got into our stride and upped the pace, they couldn't live with us. Lamela was sensational IMO, and the only thing missing from a perfect performance was a well deserved goal. I have to say everyone played their part and I love the team spirit that is being nurtured by Poch and the coaching team. And we kept a clean sheet.
PS - the half time penalty shootout was won by the only girl in the line-up, although I did love the Klinsmann dive by one of the boys, when he scored.
PPS - All in all, one of the best Boxing Days in living memory
Yes agreed Mrs P:
Hugo was brilliant clean sheet:
Just wondering how Cech went?? :pocheyes:

I like your style!

yCD2Uxm.gif

What a perfect Boxing Day that was...
fixed.
giphy.gif

What a great day, we really made some ground today.. Woolwich lost, Leicester lost, Man Utd lost, etc etc.. This was definitely our day.. Great performance and once again another top performance from the visiting goal keeper.. Why do they always perform out of their skin at ours??

One season wonder HK had another blank day but oh well, all the pundits were spot on about him.

Chuffed for Tommy Carroll, that will do his confidence the power of good..

If Carlsberg did Boxing days.....
the Emirates would have been the second Archway sheet metal works

If there's one thing we can learn from today is that gibbsy was right.

Tiny dancers, Danny rose, jibber jabber, six foot two, Trippier right wing, Obama for president, the matrix is real and kris akabusi died for our sins. Praise be sinners. God bless all you cunts xx

Just got back from the game and celebratory night out. First game I've seen live this season due to being a poor student. Overall I thought we were fantastic, first fifteen minutes aside. I don't think we've been outplayed this season and this is the most excited about a spurs side I've been in the 20 or so years of my lifetime.

Lloris 8 Two or three quality saves. Maybe lost us a point vs Newcastle but he consistently makes top quality saves. By far the best goalkeeper I've seen at the club (sorry Robbo). Happy birthday!

Walker 6 Been his best season for the club and definitely improving his consistency. Made a couple of poor mistakes today though (bailed out by Hugo). Not a bad performance overall but needs to cut those blunders out.

Alderweireld 8 Such a good centre half. Positioning, awareness, pace, areal ability, He has everything.

Verts 7.5 Good performance today. Probably deserves an 8 but he did get nutmegged by Cameron Jerome...

Davies 7.5 I think rose has some great attributes but Davies is so much more solid defensively. There was one instance in the last 10 were Jerome pulled out to the back stick six yards out and Davies beat him in the air; if that was Danny it would have been a goal. Two starts, two clean sheets.

Dier 7 Not his best game in there but still solid. His positioning does so much to contain the opposition that even when he's not flying into the tackle, he still makes an important contribution

Dembele 7.5 Everything he did, he did well, cannot really fault his game today. There was just a little hint of the old sideways/backwards dembele today, though I think in part this was due to Norwich setting up pretty well when we had the ball.

Eriksen 6.5 Again didn't do much wrong; I just feel like there's so much more to come. The fact that we are were we are in the league without him having had his hot streak yet is exciting.

Alli 8.5 He's come in for a bit of criticism recently but you can't argue with his record (5 goals or assists in the last five games.) He picks up brilliant positions and he for me has the best off the ball movement in the squad. Also, who doesn't love a nutmeg?

Lamela 9 MOM for me. Pretty much everything good going forward involved Erik at some point, I kind of wanted him to be sold in the summer but am so glad to be proved wrong. It is easy to forget that this is pretty much only his second proper season with us given how injury hit his first season was. The amount of work he gets through in the press can also not be underrated. If only that rabona had gone in.

Kane 8.5 Well taken penalty, great hold up play. The second was for me a mark of just how good this guy is. The shift of weight and the strike with no backlift; baffling goalie and defender alike. I did laugh when people said one season wonder. If you heard anyone utter those words sincerely, then you know their opinion on football is not to be taken seriously

Back
Top Bottom