Middlesbrough away - 24/9

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't like seeing heads down in the 15 minutes we were getting owned in the second half. That's where I wish we had that loud voices leader telling everyone to lift their heads up.

That said, we got over that period and continued to own the game. Good job boys.

The ridiculous thing about the lack of focus from the press on our form is that in a weeks a few of them will start to talk about it - but in a way which gives them credit for spotting this unlikely contender coming though from nowhere.

Bin dippers transfer news Woolwich transfer news mancs transfer news chav land every time Contes cunts come out and attack.............................................................................. oh yeah and us beside those pikey cunts in there Hoseseasons holiday home........................................oh by the way Spurs are up to second......................oh and more important than that we have Villa v the Geordie cunts .......................................FUCK OFF MEDIA WHORES ................................................................. we are SPURS AND IT,S ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER CUNTS COYS COYS.

Bin dippers transfer news Woolwich transfer news mancs transfer news chav land every time Contes cunts come out and attack.............................................................................. oh yeah and us beside those pikey cunts in there Hoseseasons holiday home........................................oh by the way Spurs are up to second......................oh and more important than that we have Villa v the Geordie cunts .......................................FUCK OFF MEDIA WHORES ................................................................. we are SPURS AND IT,S ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER CUNTS COYS COYS.

Eloquently put Sir..

Pretty happy with being the squad that flys under the radar.

Let the pundits talk about Pool and United. As long as we quietly take care of business

Really impressed with the way they dug in today. I got to watch via a stream, so keep that in mind that on TV you never see the whole game in the same way. But when we were rocking they found a clear collective head and dug in and got back on the front foot, plenty of Spurs teams in the past have rolled in that position.

Especially impressed by all 3 subs. Lamela is just class, but Winks and George ( sorry surname spelling is beyond me ) both contributed well and kept us moving the ball forward. Massive well done to all today.

Last edited:
I thought ball movement was excellent today in 90 % of the field, but they continue to try for the "Hollywood" pass for the assist. We're better off, IMO, knocking it around to the open player, patiently waiting for something real to open up.

I thought we were great today to be honest - to be able to go away from home (regardless of opposition) and start with Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela and Kane who we'd all say are very very important players and come away with a solid 2-1 win, and it could have been more, and play as well as we did doesn't just show how good we are as a team and where we are at but it shows what great depth we have too.

Up to second in the league, BEST defence in the league and we are really showing that we aren't just a flash in the pan like many said last season and how we are only in the position because everyone else was under-performing. It's funny that the out of us and Leicester, it's the team from last season who played the best football and had the best defence that have started this season as equally as good and the other is struggling.

What a test we have next Sunday at home to Man City - They are quite easily the best team in the league and are playing the best football. 10 wins in 10 games in all competitions is an unreal run regardless of who they are and who they are playing. They have Aguero back and he's back to scoring ways, they have the likes of Sterling ,de Bruyne and Silva who are ALL on form and they are pressing and playing free flowing football. One thing I will say is that they seem to concede in every game they play, so we will certainly get our chances. We need our defence to be on top of their game (we have the best defence in the league so far) and we need Janssen to get off the mark (like Kane did last season in this very fixture last season) and we need Lamela, Son, Eriksen, Dembele etc. all to be on point.

I'm excited.

I'd rather be ignored and keep climbing...this isn't college football (American), only thing that matters is the points at the end of the campaign. Fuck everything else.
I get what your saying but once you go top there is nowhere to hide!

Back
Top Bottom